Sign in to follow this  
sdenton

Wrong Monitor

When FSX starts up it always on the wrong monitor??? I have Google it with no fix.....Thanks for any help

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

Before you shutdown FSX, make sure the sim is on the right monitor.  When you restart, it should appear on the same monitor used when you quit.  Same goes with full screen mode and Windows mode.  If you shutdown in Windows mode, it will start up in Windows mode.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'am shutdown in the right monitor but when I re start FSX it goes right back to the wrong monitor...I look in CFG. file could not find any thing so I back it up and got a new int stalled but no change...

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

Monitors are assigned a number priority that I thought you could change. Either in the software or by where they are plugged in. But it's been along time since I used multiple monitors.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

In Windows you could set the monitor you want to use as the main monitor?

12 hours ago, sdenton said:

shutdown in the right monitor but when I re start FSX it goes right back to the wrong monitor.

As others have suggested, make sure the monitor is your main monitor.  FSX probably thinks it is opening and closing on your main monitor.  On your desktop, right click and select NVIDIA Control Panel.  Goto Setup multiple displays and make sure the main monitor, whether numbered 1 or 2, is shown left of your secondary monitor.  You can go to multiple displays and drag the monitor you consider your primary monitor.  In my case, my 34" monitor is shown as 2 and my 25" monitor is shown as 1 but FSX always opens on Number 2.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes I look and my #1 monitor is my primary #2 is extended so switch the cables all it did was change the numbers it still started in wrong one?? 

I definitely have no other solution.  Hope you find a fix.

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks it is ok at least I can fly 

Submit News to AVSIM

I don't know if you have solved this issue or not. However, the solution is to untick the DX10 preview. This is most likely due to a conflict with a newer version of the DirectX software. I hope this helps you.