Hello!

I’m gonna talk about choosing the yoke for simulation.

Today’s fight: CH Products Eclipse Vs Honeycomb Aeronautical. 

CH Eclipse:

Pluses:

Good size (a little smaller than Honeycomb)

A lot of useless buttons 😁

Good price for it’s quality (180$)

Removable throttle quadrant (that’s good cause I’m using one already)

6 axes (ailerons, elevators, rudder, throttle, prop control and mixture)

You don’t have to be very strong or accurate to fly (I mean you might feel good when using it)

Nice design

Nice quality

Compact. Doesn’t require a lot of space on your table.

Always in stock everywhere!

Minuses: 

First of all, I want to note these rudder pedals. They’re quite useless for me. They’re not so comfortable to use and i’d recommend to use normal rudder pedals for your legs.

Really a lot of buttons, maybe it’s not so bad, but well, I don’t use them.

That’s all! 

Now let’s talk about Honeycomb.

Honeycomb Aeronautical Yoke:

Pluses:

Solid looking, coolest design

Not a lot of buttons, but you have Master switch, avionics and lights with fuel pump switch (just like c172)

You have to be accurate when flying, every your movement causes a strong aircraft movement (I love to fly without caring about every yoke movement) But it’s still a plus for some people

Compact too, doesn’t require a lot of space

You will really love it

Really really good price for this product (200$)

High quality

Really new

Minuses: 

You really have to be accurate when flying it

ITS OUT OF STOCK EVERYWHERE. That’s why I’m waiting for so long

And that’s all!

They have different pluses and minuses (and some same) so, IMHO, I’ll give:

CH Eclipse: 8/10

Honeycomb 8/10

But that’s only my option. If you’re choosing between them, if you live in North America or you just can wait and you’re accurate, get Honeycomb. If you can’t wait and you’re not accurate, get CH Eclipse.

Thank you for reading this! I spent a lot of time to make it. And don’t forget, everything I said was only in my option. 

-Tash

Do you own or use either of these?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

@TasheY, for those prepared to spend more the Fulcrum looks very good. Four inches of elevator travel compared to two with the Honeycomb. And hall-effect sensors throughout. Available before Christmas.

https://www.fulcrumsim.com/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You can adjust the sensitivity curve to each axis. So to sensitive to use really isn't a negative. You just happened to play with a setup that wasn't setup to your liking.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

On 10/17/2019 at 12:23 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Fulcrum looks very good

Build quality on this looks really good.  Let's see how they come in on price.  Do you know if they are planning on any US distributors? 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

18 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Build quality on this looks really good.  Let's see how they come in on price.  Do you know if they are planning on any US distributors? 

It is. Fulcrum visited our monthly meeting near Manchester Airport today with the yoke. Anticipated price is 429 GBP inc 20% VAT but obviously that is not applicable for overseas buyers.  Replace that with your own state taxes and import duty.

No overseas distributors are planned. Shipping direct from the UK. Chris advised he will reduce the depth of the case by approx 1.5” (37mm). Watch https://www.fulcrumsim.com/ early next week for more details.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No overseas distributors are planned. Shipping direct from the UK. Chris advised he will reduce the depth of the case by approx 1.5” (37mm). Watch https://www.fulcrumsim.com/ early next week for more details.

Ray - Approx. 700usd with shipping and insurance at todays exchange. Not bad if the quality is there.  

To the OP - Sorry for hijacking the thread, I couldn't resist asking. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

50 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Ray - Approx. 700usd with shipping and insurance at todays exchange. Not bad if the quality is there.  

To the OP - Sorry for hijacking the thread, I couldn't resist asking. 

@jalbino59, I hadn’t appreciated this wasn’t the Fulcrum topic so apologies for posting here. Please ask any more questions on that topic. I can assure you the quality is most definitely there. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just purchased and installed the Honeycomb yoke.   Very impressed so far.   Very sturdy, good tension, and I love the suction mount to my desk.  Best yoke I've had.   Prior, I had been using the Saitek X52, not bad either, but the suction mounts were not very tight...

John

• Upvote 1

I'm anxious to hear more from users. Hats off to those who took the bold step of faith with this new frontier. 

Vic green