Sign in to follow this  
Guest CowlFlapsOpen

I want our old forum back!

>>This was a bad decision, and Tom should see that and not let>his ego stand in the way of setting things right. FYI: This kind of attitude is the recipe for NOT getting goodwill from someone ;-).Eagle

Guest MD11Forever

Not that is seems to matter, but I'll chime in here as well in support of separating the FSX and FS9 forums once again. This current arrangement is a mess, plain and simple.

SB,You know it's pretty bad that one(me) would read your post mainly to read something related to something other than FSX. Thank you for rescuing me.:-)The thing has not even come out yet and we already have experts and complainers. I've decided that I'm going to avoid reading anything that says "FSX" until it comes out and the pros have a chance togive us the true scoop. Til then...I'm still trying to make the transition from FS2002 to FS9!! Be interesting to see a separate envoirment in the forums for each sim ( I know that has been hashed over and is problematic)Tom and everyone else are doing a great job and I don't wish to deprive anyone of their excitement ..BUT.. I'm tired of FSX:-) It needs it's own little corner of the world like maybe in Micrsoft's forum:-)Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Eagle ...Thanks....My feelings exactly...and expressed in a kinder gentler way than my knee jerk reaction was going to be:-)MonnieBest regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Guest JoJoDawg

Where was this a couple of weeks ago when there was a thread just like this one? You know the one were 8 remarks out of 1500 views was not indicative of the board.I'm not saying it should never merged, but merging the two was way too early. It's just going to get worse when FSX is finally released.

Actually, if there were a way, it might not be a bad idea to create moderator positions to do nothing more than move posts to the correct location. This would free up the content moderators to sort through the rest of the moderator duties.I would be glad to volunteer to move threads that need moving.Paul Dahlen

Guest av84fun

Agreed. FSX should have its own forum...at least until the official release at which point the posts would have some meaning.Regards,Jim

Thank you to all that have replied, be it in agreement or opposition of my opinion. For those who wonder why I would dare bring this up because it is such a slap in the face to the AVSIM staff.... well I don't know what to tell ya. Merely sharing an opinion is not a crime, nor is it meant to say they do a bad job here. I have and still choose AVSIM to be the only non product flight sim site that I visit. Those of you who say that it is up to the AVSIM staff to make the decision are correct, but sometimes it doesn't hurt anyone to view a little disagreement.:) AVSIM didn't get to be the great site they are without paying attention to the community. Thanks again all and be safe,Scott

Yup, I agree too. I think it's time we have a separate permanent forum for each MS FS version. With a max of 20 or so posts per page, it takes too long to browse the days topics on a particular interested version.Repsectfuly suggested,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest lalo lolo1

I have had my PC ready for a couple of months now. Even a good VC which is supposed to be compatible with DX10. Nonetheless, a whole forum for a demo + a beta available for the very few is nonsense.Leo

I totally agree with you. There should be a seperate forum for FSX. These long posts are a nuisance to read. Many of us are not interested in FSX until the bugs are ironed out and some good addons are available. Till then let us enjoy the old FS9, and before, forum. Regards, Bob.

I have to agree that Tom and crew do a wonderfull job on the forums here but I sure would like to see the FS9 and FSX forums seperated. Owen

Guest heclak

HOw about a FS Classic forum. For the not so "current" versions of FS. Something that we sentimental dudes can use while the rest clamour over the latest goo goos and gaa gaas.

At last someone has mentioned this... I agree lets bring back the old forum and stick FSX in the beta area.Andrew

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg