Sign in to follow this  
Banks

Airsimmer A320 - reports from convention attendees?

Hi all,Apologies for the repost, but a few of us not-so-fortunate souls who aren't in DC would really appreciate any comment from anyone who has tried this package out at the convention.Anyone?Hope you lucky #&%@'s are enjoying yourselves!!! :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Reports please ! Here here ! :-)

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Yeah I'm kind of dissapointed that nothing interesting has been announced at the conference (as far as I know) so far except FSX going gold. Really hope somone looked at the A320.

Edit: I can post those as an image in my directory. You can't post those here in the forums because of our image size restrictions.That's all we got for now... but she's a beauty !! :-)

Niiiice, :-)Hope those handouts she's holding had something of interest in them as well!It's photos like this that are convincing me to attend the convention next year. Any other kiwis want to come with? :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest tmetzinger

The "Booth Bimbos" (their words) were to me the only AirSimmer Presence, and they handed out some pretty vague flyers. They were very nice, knew very little about flight simming.But the very fact that we HAD booth bimbos means that we've taken the first step towards the CES-type conventions. In ten years all the vendors will have booth babes (my words), the president of Boeing or Airbus will do the keynote presentation, and Weird Al will have a song and video JUST FOR US.

Very attractive Marketing Rep= Lots of interest, but the question remains (not that I care after seeing her :-))After traveling to Washington DC, Did they have any type of setup to actually show off the product?

I missed the pictures...can you find a host for them?

Oooops... forgot about the image size restrictions. My apologies...

Ok, so Airsimmer had a set up with two laptops (I think they were both laptops) (one showing a repeating video slideshow of screenshots) and one with their sim. At what the dev I talked to seemed to consider a nowhere near complete product, it was looking incredibly mature. A few bullet points:- The model is incredibly detailed- A whole slew of animated parts- Strong default texturing- The entire team is very experienced in making add-ons, even though this is the first aircraft they are making as a team- The launch is anticipated in a few months- Will be compatible with FS9 and FSX in one box, no need to buy two copies- The first version of the fly by wire system was in the plane by Sunday. It intercepts joystick inputs, processes it through the add-on, and sends adjusted input commands to the flight sim engine, pretty much exactly as it happens on the real airbus. In the short demo I had, I was shown the maximum bank angle restriction, and the plane autocorrect to the same pitch after getting moved around some (I think that's how it worked)As it's been said, this is the whole A320 family, with the 330 being the next scheduled project, as part of recreating the entire airbus line.I hope I didn't botch any details, I'm still pretty tired.

> A few bullet points:> - The model is incredibly detailed> - A whole slew of animated parts> - Strong default texturingSo are you talking about the plane or the booth bimbo's ? :-lolEdit: Please can we have a link to the pictures, why it was deleted ? :(

>> A few bullet points:>>> - The model is incredibly detailed>> - A whole slew of animated parts>> - Strong default texturing>>So are you talking about the plane or the booth bimbo's ?>:-lol>>Edit: Please can we have a link to the pictures, why it was>deleted ? :(They were probably all of those pictures of Tom sipping martinis with the girls.