Sign in to follow this  
carbonbasedlifeform

What can we infer about MSFS 2020 from PMDG announcement?

On 11/8/2019 at 12:41 PM, Ted Striker said:

PMDG doesn't make business decisions haphazardly based on some marketing development schedules and screenshots. To announce that their next major project will be for MSFS you can infer that they have enough detailed knowledge of the design of MSFS that they could determine their cost of developing addons for it and what the public interest will be in the platform.

This announcement was a seal of approval from a major developer. That is good news to me. Contrast this with RSR's comments on MS Flight when it was announced.

A lot of developers have gone quiet on MSFS since it was announced. I am looking forward to a similar announcement from FSLabs and I hope it includes good news about the Concorde2020.

Ted 

Shhh! Some people on here might get triggered to know that certain dev's were working with them all along and will deny that fact for eternity. 🙂

Sante Sottile

18 hours ago, Tino said:

Shhh! Some people on here might get triggered to know that certain dev's were working with them all along and will deny that fact for eternity.

After I made that post a couple of developers have stated that they do not have any more information on MSFS than the public does. So the question I am pondering now is does PMDG have exclusive MSFS SDK information or has Robert Randazzo, the master of marketing, taken a gamble and made the announcement he did to enhance the current sales for the NGXu. He said that he "expects" the NG3 for MSFS to be $139. The word "expects" leaves the door wide open to increase the price if MSFS is found to be more difficult to develop for than they assumed or to even cancel development for MSFS if it is found to be too onerous. The mystery novel continues but in the mean time I am very happy with P3D and I will continue to buy the addons I like for it.

Ted

• Like 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I don’t think PMDG have any sort of special access, nor do I think it was a gamble to put their eggs in the msfs basket. It’s as close to a sure thing as you can get that it’s going to become the de facto main flight sim platform, probably overnight. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

After I made that post a couple of developers have stated that they do not have any more information on MSFS than the public does. So the question I am pondering now is does PMDG have exclusive MSFS SDK information or has Robert Randazzo, the master of marketing, taken a gamble and made the announcement he did to enhance the current sales for the NGXu. He said that he "expects" the NG3 for MSFS to be $139. The word "expects" leaves the door wide open to increase the price if MSFS is found to be more difficult to develop for than they assumed or to even cancel development for MSFS if it is found to be too onerous. The mystery novel continues but in the mean time I am very happy with P3D and I will continue to buy the addons I like for it.

Ted

Asobo said that any dev team can visit the studio

https://www.dropbox.com/s/npflp15dzg40o2b/AVSim_Interview_AUDIO.mp3

go 39:45 , they even mention one team visiting them at the time of this interview

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, cepact said:

Asobo said that any dev team can visit the studio

Well I stand corrected again. :laugh: Thanks for posting that. I thought that I had listened to that interview, but perhaps not or not very carefully.

I wonder why Simbol and Milviz have not taken advantage of that option? as I recall it was Father Bill an Simbol that said their was not SDK information available. But i could be mistaken....yet again....

I am glad to hear that some developers are involved in the development of the SDK.

Ted

Edited by Ted Striker

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

1 hour ago, Ted Striker said:

I wonder why Simbol and Milviz have not taken advantage of that option? as I recall it was Father Bill an Simbol that said their was not SDK information available. But i could be mistaken....yet again....

What gives you the idea that a humble retired priest can afford international travel? Even so, just because "a developer" has sent one individual to visit ASOBO does not mean that they got anything more than a courtesy tour, possibly some "sim time", along with some quality Q&A time with the principals at ASOBO?

Shoot, the Tech Alpha hasn't even been released yet... :mellow:

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

19 hours ago, n4gix said:

What gives you the idea that a humble retired priest can afford international travel?

No offense or disrespect intended Bill. I wasn't inferring that you should travel to France. I know it is expensive enough just to attend a sim conference in the US must less travel to Europe. Near the end of the Avsim interview I got the impression that Asobo was encouraging third party developers to collaborate with them on the development of the SDK. All I meant by my comment was that I would have expected Milviz and Simbol to contact Asobo about this. Apparently Asobo is being selective with regards to the 3rd party developers that they are collaborating with.

I was just thinking out loud like everyone else on the forums that doesn't have any inside information. :biggrin:

Ted 

20 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

No offense or disrespect intended Bill.

None taken Ted! I was speaking rather tongue-in-cheek. I'd love to travel back to Europe, but costs aside, I suspect my body could not stand such a long journey any longer... :unsure:

Edited by n4gix
Added missing "not".

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

16 hours ago, GHD said:

No thanks, 3.5 hours from denver to the east coast is about the limit my body can take sitting. They would need to put a workout gym on that Sydney flight to get me on it. But then a bunch of people working out in a sealed tube for half a day would be introduce another problem entirely. :laugh: