Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

FSX (Both RETAIL versions) seen at Best Buy in Ohio

I called my Local Best Buy here in Flower Mound, TX.They have it.. but he said..they have an e-mail with information that they should not sell it before Oct 17th.I hate it when people do their due diligence. :(:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest FxF3

Well if its out its out. I'm just a mere mortal and will have to wait till the 17th for my copy or maybe even a couple of days latter with mailing since I preordered it.Not going make me change my perorder. If anybody should get it early should be sites like this that have stores and have been here for the FS communties.

I went to the Best Buy in Niles, IL. They had about 8 copies of both the deluxe and standard edition. I picked up the deluxe edition today.

Guest KLM871_India

no shoot! at Village Crossing? I work in the Village Crossing mall! edit. just bought the deluxe version. Leo

Guest B1900 Mech

I called the Best Buy in Hyannis Ma. They said Oct 17,or they could be fined for selling it early:-lol

Guest n1g

Best Buy Washington stores no go. Much too close to Microsoft. They wouldnt dare. Gal told me that they expect to get it on the 16th.Bob

>I called my Local Best Buy here in Flower Mound, TX.>>They have it.. but he said..they have an e-mail with>information that they should not sell it before Oct 17th.>>I hate it when people do their due diligence. :(>>:)>>MannyHmmm, wonder if the one here in Lewisville is less trusting, LOLRegards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

first of all i'm new to the forum. i work for best buy and we were informed by company daily news that some stores might receive the product early but not to sell the product until october 17. did see the new fsx guide book come in today and took a fast look thru it. at least the pictures are in color and has some good information. looks like it is from a different source compared to fs9. if the media supervisors want to keep their jobs they won't break the street date!

Guest AJ

>first of all i'm new to the forum. i work for best buy and we>were informed by company daily news that some stores might>receive the product early but not to sell the product until>october 17. did see the new fsx guide book come in today and>took a fast look thru it. at least the pictures are in color>and has some good information. looks like it is from a>different source compared to fs9. if the media supervisors>want to keep their jobs they won't break the street date!Since you work there, perhaps you could shed some light on this situation. Why would Microsoft want to inhibit stores from selling early if they already have the product? I fail to see the logic behind this policy. It only seems to have started haoppening in the last 3-4 years. Seems to me, the the sooner the finished product hits the streets, the sooner Microsoft starts making money from sales. What is the advantage to them of having it go on sale everywhere on exactly the same day?

I just contacted the Best Buy in Greenville, SC - they have 10 copies of the standard version, and 4 copies of the deluxe. I guess I'm going to be making a trip in the morning! :)Best,Owen

>Since you work there, perhaps you could shed some light on>this situation. Why would Microsoft want to inhibit stores>from selling early if they already have the product? I fail>to see the logic behind this policy. It only seems to have>started haoppening in the last 3-4 years. Seems to me, the>the sooner the finished product hits the streets, the sooner>Microsoft starts making money from sales. What is the>advantage to them of having it go on sale everywhere on>exactly the same day?I'm beginning to think these "accidental" early releases are intentional, to create extra buzz. Maybe they're arranged with a few select stores as a backroom deal. Game publisher gets frenzied hype (not to mention the sales) out of the deal, while the store stands to get impulse buys. Makes sense to me.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Guest AJ

>I just contacted the Best Buy in Greenville, SC - they have>10 copies of the standard version, and 4 copies of the deluxe.> I guess I'm going to be making a trip in the morning! :)>>Best,>>OwenHi Owen, I'm in Charlotte, NC myself and have not yet been able to track one down in this area. I'm half tempted to hop in my car and zip down there to pick up a copy. It's only a two-hour drive. Of coruse, if I did that, my wife would probably have me commited to a lunatic assylum.

best buy will adhere to listed street dates because microsoft, lucasarts, disney for example will pay matching advertising dollars to best buy as long as the street date does not get broken. if the date is broken then we can have product withheld or fined. of course try telling walmart that! most likely fsx will be in our sunday ad on october 15 and we along with microsoft pays for advertising. also best buy and microsoft have a good relationship. feel sorry for the stores that sold it because now they won't have the product for that ad. right now we have 22 of the basic and 14 of the deluxe on order. important thing is to have the product for an ad or all you do is offer rainchecks which are never redeemed for the most part. short story is the dollar relationship between retailer and producer. congrats to those who bought it today!

Guest brannons

No go at Best Buys in Omaha, Ne and Council Bluffs, IA.

Guest AJ

>best buy will adhere to listed street dates because>microsoft, lucasarts, disney for example will pay matching>advertising dollars to best buy as long as the street date>does not get broken. if the date is broken then we can have>product withheld or fined. of course try telling walmart that!>most likely fsx will be in our sunday ad on october 15 and we>along with microsoft pays for advertising. also best buy and>microsoft have a good relationship. feel sorry for the stores>that sold it because now they won't have the product for that>ad. right now we have 22 of the basic and 14 of the deluxe on>order. important thing is to have the product for an ad or all>you do is offer rainchecks which are never redeemed for the>most part. short story is the dollar relationship between>retailer and producer. congrats to those who bought it today! >Thanks for the response. Why would Microsoft pay money for stores not to sell its product before a certain date? That seems really backwards to me.