Sign in to follow this  
ual763

(POLL)Which Detailed Default Airports Do You Want? (Tallied List)

(POLL) Which Detailed Default Airports Do You Want? (Tallied List)  

154 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. As the title implies, which default airports would you like to see as detailed by default? But, also, try and limit your votes to a max of 5. Also, please leave out Courcheval, KSFO, KRNT & KLAX, as these have already been confirmed as detailed in photos/videos. Anything not in the poll will be tallied manually below based on number of comments for it.

On 11/28/2019 at 8:03 PM, carbonbasedlifeform said:

The poll should be "what airports do we tubeliner simmers want?"

Are any of these small/bush airports? Not everyone likes tubes. At least we know there's Courchevel.

Bush flying needs base, thats why I added AYPY for PNG. Another good airport, smaller, would be Wamena WAVV in Indonesian Papua.

In the US, McCall KMYL has plenty of challenging dirt strips around, in Idaho.

I hope that the Amazon basin will get some love, at last, from FS20. SBEG Manaus (with the Teatro Amazonas !) or SBBE Bélem would be good choices, I suppose.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

There are remarkably few requests for any Norwegian airports? My vote is for ENTC Tromso.  The best combination, bar none, of a scenery test, set in an amazing setting, weather challenges, and a great airport for both GA and commercial. There would be no better demo of the new sim than an instrument approach into ENTC in a DA62....

• Like 1

Please admin close this topic. It's pro american ... look at this wishlist 

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

52 minutes ago, topatov said:

Please admin close this topic. It's pro american ... look at this wishlist

??? You're free to add your 5 wishes here. ual763  then puts them on the list (see first page).

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

On 12/1/2019 at 10:23 PM, topatov said:

LFPG LFPO LFML LFBD LFMN LFRN EDDF EGLL  GMMN WIII WADD

I have already posted it  but they are not in the google doc list ! 

Seriously this poll must be closed 

Edited by topatov

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

I don't know why MS would both making detailed airports when this is one of the areas where third party developers do very well.

I'd rather they focused development efforts on the core bits of the game such as the weather instead.

1 hour ago, highflyer2020 said:

I don't know why MS would both making detailed airports when this is one of the areas where third party developers do very well.

They already did cf. Courchevel !  MS legitimately wants that the buyer can use the sim "as is" without further spending and enjoy the experience. They may want to walk the extra mile for some emblematic airports in the default setup. 

Common wisdom says that MS cannot deliver 44K airports at a high level of accuracy though.  But could common wisdom be wrong (again !) ? Yes and no.

In FS20, the AI will read the sat imagery and should automatically generate most of the airports with the right number of building of the right shape. But they would be generic in nature. Have a look at their Courchevel, I doubt that the AI could do that. It is hand-made. So third party developers will be much needed too. 

BTW, they won't deliver 44K airports either. I don't see any interested by Honiara in The Solomons or Cosne in Burgundy. So we'll also need the freeware little guys . Yeah !

Edited by domkle
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

26 minutes ago, domkle said:

They already did cf. Courchevel !  MS legitimately wants that the buyer can use the sim "as is" without further spending and enjoy the experience. They may want to walk the extra mile for some emblematic airports in the default setup. 

Common wisdom says that MS cannot deliver 44K airports at a high level of accuracy though.  But could common wisdom be wrong (again !) ? Yes and no.

In FS20, the AI will read the sat imagery and should automatically generate most of the airports with the right number of building of the right shape. But they would be generic in nature. Have a look at their Courchevel, I doubt that the AI could do that. It is hand-made. So third party developers will be much needed too. 

BTW, they won't deliver 44K airports either. I don't see any interested by Honiara in The Solomons or Cosne in Burgundy. So we'll also need the freeware little guys . Yeah !

Asobo Studios is a French development company as are most of the people on their development team. It's not entirely surprising that they decided to model an airport in their home country which such great attention to detail but in my opinion they've done that more as an example to the development community of what is possible rather doing it to give us an "as is" experience. 

Edited by highflyer2020

2 hours ago, topatov said:

I have already posted it  but they are not in the google doc list ! 

Seriously this poll must be closed 

I will get to it tonight.  I’ve been traveling this entire week.

2 hours ago, domkle said:

What makes you think that Dominique? They stated ~44K airports, why would they lie about that? If there is a landing strip in the satellite photo, why would the Azure AI close it's virtual "eyes" and pretend it isn't there?

No, instead it will say to itself "okay, I'll trim some trees and lay down a dirt runway, and maybe a grass hut or two if it's a mountain top jungle strip."  :laugh:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

49 minutes ago, n4gix said:

What makes you think that Dominique? They stated ~44K airports, why would they lie about that? If there is a landing strip in the satellite photo, why would the Azure AI close it's virtual "eyes" and pretend it isn't there?

No, instead it will say to itself "okay, I'll trim some trees and lay down a dirt runway, and maybe a grass hut or two if it's a mountain top jungle strip."  :laugh:

Oops, my bad, I was not clear, Bill. I am quite sure that they will deliver the 44K airports. What I meant is that neither MS nor the 3PD, all together, can deliver the 44K airports with the high level of accuracy that we find with the best airport addons or Courchevel as we saw it in the teasers.  Specially for not so popular airports.

We will get generic buildings/hangars that we didn't have in FSX or P3D, and thats great, but no customization. You took a good example. I really wonder whether the AI can do as good a  job as  Orbx recreating  strips and villages in PNG. It may do a good job fort the dirt sloped strips not the cute huts. 

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Please consider this International Airports in Philippines, Island hopping anyone? it's more fun in the Philippines!

RPLL

RPLC

RPVM

RPMD

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Elwyn said:

Please consider this International Airports in Philippines, Island hopping anyone? it's more fun in the Philippines!

RPLL

RPLC

RPVM

RPMD

I love island hopping and look forward to the Philippines in the new sim.

• Like 2

Dominique

Updating these now.  Philippines would be cool!  I also really want to fly the United island hopper from Hawaii-Guam!