Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Has anyone heard about Bush Flight Sim ?

It's been a long time since we last had news from this platform...

Wonder if it's still under development ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

There was a period where the word was that they were in trouble. This got worse after they essentially stopped answering anyone in the Steam community forums, a few months ago. https://steamcommunity.com/app/771800

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Working demos at RAF Cosford in October this year. Live presentation showed how things were progressing and they are probably available on you tube.

Plenty of good feedback on social media. It's slow but it is getting there. Just do some googling for deadstick flight simulator.

From their facebook page 1/16/20

Greetings Deadstick community!

We know we've been absent for a while. The truth is, everyone has been working really hard to make this game everything it can possibly be. We've encountered a few hiccups on the way and setbacks we weren't originally anticipating, and this meant we had to push back our timeline. Without anything new to share, we thought it would be best to keep quiet, than to make any promises we potentially couldn't keep. This was not the right way to do it and for that, we're sorry for letting you down.

What we do want to do is reassure you that Deadstick is still very much in development. Now that we are past the bumps, we are in a good place with the game and are very excited about heading towards Early Access. We can't promise a timeframe for this - The last thing we want to do is let you all down again. What we can say is that everyone involved in the project is trying their best to make sure it's ASAP without compromising quality, graphical fidelity, polish, and, of course, that raw realistic feeling we want the game to capture. We really want to make sure that everything is as spot on as it can be and that it meets the community's expectations.

How are things going to change from now on? Well, for starters, we promise to be more active and communicative. Our Community Managers will be around during the work week and always up for a chat, and to address any questions or concerns you might have. Chris might pop in every now and again, but both him and the team are focused on Deadstick at the moment, so this might not always be possible. If you'd like to chat with other fans of the game and ourselves, come join us on our Discord! https://discord.gg/deadstick

Again, we are truly sorry for the way we have handled things so far and hope that, in time, we can turn things around and make the Deadstick community proud!

Deadstick Team

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

"Game"? Doesn't sound promising to me................

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

The only home user flight simulation software that is not a "game" is p3d because it is not for entertainment. ALL of the others are games. It is how you use it, not what you call it.

Edited by tutmeister
  • Like 1

Sigh.............

• Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

On 1/16/2020 at 7:16 PM, W2DR said:

"Game"? Doesn't sound promising to me................

Look up "Game"  Ironically one of the examples they give of a "serious game" is MSFS....  

Sigh...

• Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Not really sure what your point is.

You argument is pointless. If you Google what are good flying GAMES you will get lists including xplane, fsx, dcs, il2 and p3d. I assume all of these are too gamey for you to bother with?

Why do you have such a dismissive attitude to a yet to be released title which in many ways is more of a hard core sim that a lot of titles out there?

Edited by tutmeister
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I enjoy my games, P3D and X-Plane.  😁

Someone call them simulators, but that does not bother me.

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

What are desktop flight simulators other than GAMES ?

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

2 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I wouldn't call anything from e.g. ELITE a game.

It's a GAME too, when used outside of a training environment as it is supposed to be used when bought and installed in the commercial version, which rarely uses a simple desktop setup...

For me it's a GAME you're playing whenever one uses it to pretend doing something not related to real world traning or to learn something you need to practice in order to gain proficiency in what you do in your real life as a job, or ludic activity as a private pilot.

Example - Aerowinx PSX and ELITE are games for me, as well as they are for most of it's users including retired 744 captains. It can be a traning tool if used by someone working on the type rating for a 744, or in the case of ELITE a student pilot trying to make some Navigation exercises for the pilot license, or someone who flies for real and uses it to train some scenarios, but then, X-Plane, FSX, P3D, ... can be in that exact same class.

As a glider pilot, with some good friends also airline pilots ( the thing I dreamed of becoming for years until I got too old to even consider it... ) when I talk to them about flight simulation they usually ( with very few exceptions ) express the most disgusting oppinions about it, and tell me - c'mon José, leave us out of that because it's more than enough what we have to stand every 6 months....

Some glider pilots though have been thinking, at the local airclub, of a decent platform for introduction of glider flying to the new student pilots. Condor has been mentioned, X-Plane too, but recently I actually told them to stay on hold and wait for whatever MFS will bring. We're planing to use a real glider cockpit and a projection system for the visuals, and one of my fellow glider pilots, actually a university student I had long ago and too whom I introduced two activities I was very active in back then - Astronomy and Flight Simulation - even has one of those cockpits at home, with actual instruments working, fed by data from Condorsoaring , and a few telescopes too 🙂

Even if not for other reasons, I guess the scenery in MFS around LPMN can actually be so good that it could be used for serious training and even I would consider using it for planing my tasks - why not ? I did that for some time with Condor and Silentwings using the same software I run in my Kobo reader coupled to a GPS. It's then a mix of a Game and a Training tool 🙂  

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

9 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Ya know, when you log into the MSFS2020 Alpha It mentions  the "Game" several times, as in:

Do not leave the game running unattended

Do not share pictures of the game

Etc, etc..... I think it uses the word game about 6 times.

Moving on, I'm always fascinated how often the game/sim thing comes up, and how persistent people can be in ignoring the description of the product...... from the developer themselves.

I'm sure this says something, but I'm not sure what.

• Upvote 1

Devons rig