Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

GSX latest update , no simobjects displaying!

13 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

The fact that you are lacking the objects but not the shadows of the objects, makes me wonder if there is an issue with the PBR textures of the objects. Because, the shadows suggest that the models are loaded properly (or there wouldn't be a shadow). That said, if that is so I would expect you to not see the moving people either, UNLESS those people actually do not have PBR textures. But that's something I honestly don't know...

If this is a texture problem, I think all you can do is wait for Umberto to come back in and comment.

Yours is the only comment that really make sense in this whole thread.

OF COURSE when objects are displaying only partially, like missing parts or just their shadows, the problem cannot be anything related to GSX. If objects are showing partially, it means the program WORKS so, it's entirely useless chasing ghosts like non-existing Addon Manager or Couatl issue or non-existing "update problems".

If there are problems with the software, it will either give errors, crashes or it won't even start, that's should be fairly obvious, and I'm surprised you were the only one realizing it.

So yes, if objects appears to be created, it means GSX is working *perfectly* and the only possible reason for them not showing correctly, are entirely caused by something in the sim that is not right, for example:

- Having updated P3D using the Client only. This has been explained so many times, and it's NOT affecting GSX, but each and every other product that use PBR. When updating to a new version of the sim, updating the Client only is NOT enough: an update of the Content is always required.

I personally update only in this way: Uninistall of the simulator, download and install using the Full installer.

- Having installed shader mods that haven't been fully tested with that version of the sim and/or haven't been updated, have unreliable installers.

- Not having regenerated shaders after an update, usually in combination with using shader mods.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just before I updated to P3Dv4.5, I had a weird issue with the Follow-Me Car at FlyTampa's KLAS, where, it came to meet the PMDG 747-400 Virgin Atlantic, and having seen real life Virgin Atlantic 747-400s at KLAS in real life, I had a vague idea which gate I should be heading for but wanted to test that Follow-Me Car.

After it's usual pirouette as it approaches an aircraft, it then decided it would take off into the distance heading off to the perimeter where I know GA are parked. What a hoot🤣

Updated to v4.5, and re-installed everything, Client, etc  from scratch including most of my FSDT buys, and must say like the L2, seeing pax boarding,de-boarding, but have not yet given that Follow-Me laugh a second go🤣

Edited by vc10man

15 minutes ago, vc10man said:

After it's usual pirouette as it approaches an aircraft, it then decided it would take off into the distance heading off to the perimeter where I know GA are parked. What a hoot🤣

And as explained, so many times on our forum, this was caused by you following the Follow me from TOO CLOSE so, it decided that, based on your distance and approach speed, you would risk crashing into it in the next seconds, so it went away as fast as possible.

If you follow it from further away, it will work perfect.

And, what's this has anything to do with the thread's subject, which was invisible objects, which also also not GSX problem either, but a shader problem or a failure updating the simulator correctly ?

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, virtuali said:

you following the Follow me from TOO CLOSE

I let that Follow-me joke run ahead quite a distance in fact, so I can see which direction along the taxiway it is headed, so I do not miss my turns, in fact!

7 minutes ago, virtuali said:

the thread's subject,

this is a thread discussing GSX failings, isn't it, no matter what defence you throw up? So, any comments on it as far as I am concerned, are fair cop!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, vc10man said:

I let that Follow-me joke run ahead quite a distance in fact, so I can see which direction along the taxiway it is headed, so I do not miss my turns, in fact!

this is a thread discussing GSX failings, isn't it, no matter what defence you throw up? So, any comments on it as far as I am concerned, are fair cop!

Where  does it  say in the thread  on  gsx  failings, be  better off posting  your  issues  at the gsx  forum 

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, AMSPilot06 said:

Please check if you use any custom shaders. Such as URP (or something like that). It is an shader issue. But can be caused by many different reasons. One of them are the use of an shader which is not compatibel with GSX/P3D just advice.

Ok, ok...will look into that...but...I have twice removed the Shader Folder, and then rebooted P3D...so that might not be my issue, right?   If you delete the folder and rebuild...wouldn't they all be stock P3D shaders?

42 minutes ago, virtuali said:

And as explained, so many times on our forum, this was caused by you following the Follow me from TOO CLOSE so, it decided that, based on your distance and approach speed, you would risk crashing into it in the next seconds, so it went away as fast as possible.

If you follow it from further away, it will work perfect.

And, what's this has anything to do with the thread's subject, which was invisible objects, which also also not GSX problem either, but a shader problem or a failure updating the simulator correctly ?

Umberto,  To get to P3D 4.4x, I did only use both the Client and Content.  I'm thinking that I might do as you suggested, even though it will be hours of add-ons brought back in....I'll delete my P3D 4.4 and just go with the full installer 4.5 (latest).  Then will load in GSX and GSX2...and see what happens. If all is good, I'll certainly report that back on this thread.   I just don't see at this point, any way around this...for I value your product, very much.  So...here we go...hours of re-install...

12 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I'm thinking that I might do as you suggested, even though it will be hours of add-ons brought back in....I'll delete my P3D 4.4 and just go with the full installer 4.5 (latest).  Then will load in GSX and GSX2...and see what happens. 

Nowhere I ever said to "delete" your P3D installation. You don't have to delete anything and, if you just follow what I've said, which is:

- Uninstalling ( NOT DELETE!!! ) the simulator.

Just running the P3D4 Uninstaller ( without deleting its folder, of course ) will ONLY remove files belonging to the simulator . It will NOT remove ANY of the add-ons, even add-ons that, in spite of all LM recommendations, insist installing "inside" the simulator, because as a standard Uninstaller, the P3D4 uninstaller will only remove things added by itself.

That's why it's no usually required to reinstall any of your add-ons when Uninstalling/Reinstalling the simulator, because:

1) Proper add-ons like FSDT ones ( which install using the add-on.xml method OUTSIDE the simulator own folder ) will be entirely unaffected

2) Legacy add-on that install in the old way "inside" the simulator won't be removed either, because the P3D4 uninstall won't remove anything that hasn't installed by itself. 

The ONLY kind of add-ons that you'll have to reinstall, are those that REPLACES stock files of the simulator AND install into the simulator own folder. This is really a bad practice and, the way the simulator and the add-on.xml method works, it IS possible to replace stock files with files using the same name and keep them *outside* the sim. So yes, these kind of add-ons will have to be reinstalled, but they are not the majority.

57 minutes ago, vc10man said:

No, you haven't followed the Follow Me-perfect. If you had, you wouldn't had that behavior to begin with.

If you still think it does, then please post the appropriate reproduction steps in the FSDT forum, using a proper subject title, like this one, because subject titles are there for the precise reason to not have unrelated things added to it, making threads unreadable and, more importantly, UNSEARCHABLE for future users.

No, it's NOT. Its subject is very clear, and it says " no simobjects displaying", and nobody else have discussed of anything else so far, it's just you that placed an entirely unrelated thing in it, for some reason.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

If you delete the folder and rebuild...wouldn't they all be stock P3D shaders?

No, if your 3rd party shader mod is still active.

Shader mods replace files in the P3D4\ShadersHLSL folder and, from this source, actual shaders are compiled into a binary form, which will end up in the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders. 

So, if your P3D4\ShadersHLS has been modified by a shader mode, clearing the shader cache won't fix anything, if the modifications made to the stock shaders wasn't correct to begin with.

Even if the shader mod you are using made a backup of the original shaders, you can't be sure if the backup files are correct for the current version of the sim. For example, if you installed the shader mod when you had P3D 4.3, and it made a backup, then you update to 4.4 or 4.5, restoring shaders from that backup will surely cause a huge mess!

The only way to be sure you have the CORRECT shaders that came with that exact simulator version, is to reinstall the sim, possibly after REMOVING the P3D4\ShadersHLS folder, so the simulator installer will surely restore it with its own version.

Edited by virtuali

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

Nowhere I ever said to "delete" your P3D installation. You don't have to delete anything and, if you just follow what I've said, which is:

- Uninstalling ( NOT DELETE!!! ) the simulator.

Just running the P3D4 Uninstaller ( without deleting its folder, of course ) will ONLY remove files belonging to the simulator . It will NOT remove ANY of the add-ons, even add-ons that, in spite of all LM recommendations, insist installing "inside" the simulator, because as a standard Uninstaller, the P3D4 uninstaller will only remove things added by itself.

That's why it's no usually required to reinstall any of your add-ons when Uninstalling/Reinstalling the simulator, because:

1) Proper add-ons like FSDT ones ( which install using the add-on.xml method OUTSIDE the simulator own folder ) will be entirely unaffected

2) Legacy add-on that install in the old way "inside" the simulator won't be removed either, because the P3D4 uninstall won't remove anything that hasn't installed by itself. 

The ONLY kind of add-ons that you'll have to reinstall, are those that REPLACES stock files of the simulator AND install into the simulator own folder. This is really a bad practice and, the way the simulator and the add-on.xml method works, it IS possible to replace stock files with files using the same name and keep them *outside* the sim. So yes, these kind of add-ons will have to be reinstalled, but they are not the majority.

I did mean, uninstall...not delete the P3D folder.  Right.   I'm about to install 4.4x after I uninstalled same...and will install from full complete....and see where that takes me.

36 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I did mean, uninstall...not delete the P3D folder.  Right.   I'm about to install 4.4x after I uninstalled same...and will install from full complete....and see where that takes me.

Its 4.5 HF 2 you need.

I always do a complete reinstall. Then I know 100% all changers are in. 4.5 with GSXv2 works perfectly.

I just did a follow me at EIDW and it was perfect.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

See my previous post about shaders. If you installed a shader mod, you might have to manually remove the P3D4\ShadersHLSL folder before reinstalling it, to be sure it's restored with the stock version.

And yes, although GSX will work with 4.4, I strongly suggest to use 4.5 HF2, which fixed lots of bugs, and it looks better too ( deeper colors )

8 hours ago, virtuali said:

Yours is the only comment that really make sense in this whole thread.

OF COURSE when objects are displaying only partially, like missing parts or just their shadows, the problem cannot be anything related to GSX. If objects are showing partially, it means the program WORKS so, it's entirely useless chasing ghosts like non-existing Addon Manager or Couatl issue or non-existing "update problems".

If there are problems with the software, it will either give errors, crashes or it won't even start, that's should be fairly obvious, and I'm surprised you were the only one realizing it.

So yes, if objects appears to be created, it means GSX is working *perfectly* and the only possible reason for them not showing correctly, are entirely caused by something in the sim that is not right, for example:

- Having updated P3D using the Client only. This has been explained so many times, and it's NOT affecting GSX, but each and every other product that use PBR. When updating to a new version of the sim, updating the Client only is NOT enough: an update of the Content is always required.

I personally update only in this way: Uninistall of the simulator, download and install using the Full installer.

- Having installed shader mods that haven't been fully tested with that version of the sim and/or haven't been updated, have unreliable installers.

- Not having regenerated shaders after an update, usually in combination with using shader mods.

Nothing worked.  Even a full uninstall and re-enstall.   Still no visible sim objects from your program.  The new PBR GSX does NOT work with P3D 4.4x.   Something needs to be looked at or rewritten.