Sign in to follow this  
edu2703

Realistic aircrafts for FS2004

On 3/26/2020 at 5:27 PM, domvc10 said:

I am not doubting you for one second I am genuinely interested as to why you think so. Their 737 is quite something considering the constraints of FS9 and the 747 came out later so I would have thought it would be much more impressive than than the PMDG. I was thinking to buy the iFly 747 so this is quite interesting. 

What put me off with the iFly 744 model is the external wing flex is so unrealistic.  The flatten wings in flight totally turned me off much the same way as the PMDG 737NGX's virtual cockpit did. Oversights like this ruin the whole appeal for some of us especially when we already have a comparable option.  So it's a flip with these two developers for me.  I'd rather fly the iFly 737 (with my own edited sound package) versus the PMDG 737NGX because of the virtual cockpit.  The reverse is true as I passed on the iFly 744 in favor of the PMDG option which I already owned because of the faulty external model (plus they didn't include the 744F).

The new PMDG 737 is on a whole other level and I will purchase it once FS2020 is released.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I use the following aircraft:

Ifly 737 (heavily modded)

PMDG 747 (heavily modded)

PMDG MD-11 (one of my personal favorites)

WILCO A320 (heavily modded)

Feelthere E135 all through E195.

this gives me a good variety to fly with. I have yet to see the rave with the LevelD 767. It seems to lack a lot of VC functions almost to the extent of the QW757.

as for GA, I use X-Plane for that, but if you are unable to, the Carenado C172 with the freeware sounds by TSS i believe, (i found them in the library), a black panel from avsim.rus i believe, and the modded aircraft.cfg and .air file (primary flight characteristics only) merged into the Carenado brought me one of the most realistic feeling aircraft for FS9. i can testify to that as I fly C172s in real life as well. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, most of these are unable to be purchased except possibly on ebay or a lucky Amazon search as a CD/DVD.  Merging with a POSKY model is probably the best bang for the buck for a lot of them.

B737NG:  PMDG or iFLY.

B747-400: PMDG or iFLY.
B757: Just Flight's repackage of PSS's B757.  Unfortunately, it has a nasty FMC bug that limits the amount of SIDs/STARs that can be displayed.  Captain Sim's 757 is also nice (and has more stuff), but it has a nasty control acceleration bug that prevents many users from precisely dialing in the MCP speed in the window.

B777: Just Flight's repackage of PSS's B777.  It suffers from the same FMC issue as the B757.

B787:  I haven't found one.

A320, A330, A340:  Wilcopub's Airbus package is decent.

A380: I haven't found one.

My current fleet:  PMDG 737, 747, MD-11 packages, Leonardo Mad Dog (2008), Wilco-Feelthere 737 Classic, Tin Mouse 737-200, Wilco-Feelthere EMB-170/175/190/195, Captain Sim B757 package, Just Flight PSS Concorde, Just Flight PSS Dash-8, Wilco-Feelthere A3xx package, Flight 1 ATR-72, Level-D 767, QualityWings AVRO RJ/BAE-146 package, Ready for Pushback 747-200 package, VirtualCol Saab 340/2000.  Flight 1 Iron Knuckles DC-9 (unfortunately this was a FS2002 product and it doesn't currently work).  Project Tupolev TU-154, SSTSIM Concorde.

For me - I could care less about a virtual cockpit and, while visually appealing, the external model is also secondary.  Do the systems work as close as reasonably possible to the real thing, especially the FMC?  For example - putting in a 2nd route for ETOPS, redispatch or alternates.  Being able to enter a hold, entering PB/PB or PBD fixes.  Sort-of accurate FLEX TO/Reduced thrust performance.  Does it climb like a rocket when lightly loaded and like a dog when close to/at max TOW?

In that regard, I offer the following:

The ATR-72 allows for hotel loading of the STBD engine (run the engine without spinning the prop, to supply power).

Leonardo's Mad Dog *will* give you a hot start if you don't start the engines correctly, and it will cool them down if you then motor the engine per the checklist.

JF PSS Concorde *will* get to M2 at FL580.  The Fuel system is a bear without the Virtual Flight Engineer.

RFP 747-200 allows you a semi-realistic fuel loading capability, and the ability to configure the fuel system.

The PT TU-154 is very difficult to operate - properly starting the AC and properly using the RSBN navigation system are a challenge, but provide a great feeling of accomplishment.  That everything is labeled in Russian (in Cyrillic alphabet) just adds to the challenge.

Edited by 3catcircus

On 5/26/2020 at 4:45 PM, 3catcircus said:

B757: Just Flight's repackage of PSS's B757.  Unfortunately, it has a nasty FMC bug that limits the amount of SIDs/STARs that can be displayed.  Captain Sim's 757 is also nice (and has more stuff), but it has a nasty control acceleration bug that prevents many users from precisely dialing in the MCP speed in the window.

B777: Just Flight's repackage of PSS's B777.  It suffers from the same FMC issue as the B757.

I'd change Just Flight to Blackbox. You can get them there for €10 each.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.