Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Simworks T-37 and FSUIPC

With my recent purchase of the Simworks Studios T-37B, I have noticed (and their docs say so, too) that at present, the add-on doesn't play well with FSUIPC.   Yes, I know that's not ideal, but I have no control over their add-on, which will hopefully eventually be made to work with FSUIPC, and if not, it's still a good aircraft.

So anyway, right now I'm not using FSUIPC when I fly the T-37.

Here is the problem.  I have a CH Products yoke, and a Thrustmaster T-16000M.  I would like to have them both physically connected to the machine, but only use the T-16000M stick when flying the T-37.  If I could use FSUIPC, that wouldn't be a problem.   But without FSUIPC, I'm getting interference when both controllers are hooked up at the same time.  The only solution I can think of, is to physically unplug the yoke, enable controllers in P3D, and go about my merry way with the T-16000M.

Are any of you using a kvm-style switch for usb devices?  Or is there some other solution I'm not thinking of?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

In P3Dv4, in the Controls menu there is an option to export or import a control configuration.  Export your current configuration to an xml file (e.g. "MyDefault.xml") so you can get it back later, then disable all the axes on your yoke with the axes enabled on the T.16000M as you would fly the T-37, and export that to a different xml file, e.g. "T37.xml"  Now you can just go into the controls menu and import one of the configs when you want to change it.

Since you use FSUIPC, you may also want to assign the various joystick devices to a letter instead of the default number, so FSUIPC will always assign that device to that letter, even after running without it in the config for a while.  Look for Joynames in the FSUIPC docs.

Regards

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Can i ask what the issue is with this aircraft and fsuipc?  I’m looking at buying the T-37 but I assign everything through fsuipc and don’t really want to enable controls through p3d then disable them when i fly something else.

Wondering how severe the issue is?  As an example PMDG also recommends not using fsuipc but I’ve never had an issue.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

12 minutes ago, w6kd said:

In P3Dv4, in the Controls menu there is an option to export or import a control configuration.  Export your current configuration to an xml file (e.g. "MyDefault.xml") so you can get it back later, then disable all the axes on your yoke with the axes enabled on the T.16000M as you would fly the T-37, and export that to a different xml file, e.g. "T37.xml"  Now you can just go into the controls menu and import one of the configs when you want to change it.

I didn't know about that, thanks.

12 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Since you use FSUIPC, you may also want to assign the various joystick devices to a letter instead of the default number, so FSUIPC will always assign that device to that letter, even after running without it in the config for a while.  Look for Joynames in the FSUIPC docs.

Regards

I'll look into that.  You are full of good info.  Thanks

Rhett

7 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Can i ask what the issue is with this aircraft and fsuipc?

I'm not sure, other than to say that their docs point to some beta testers having issues with it.  In my case, I was getting control interference between my yoke and stick, although I may yet get it to behave given Bob's post above.

I’m looking at buying the T-37 but I assign everything through fsuipc and don’t really want to enable controls through p3d then disable them when i fly something else.

Yes it is not ideal, but it may be only temporary.  Since I'm not that experienced with multiple controllers I figured someone here is.

Wondering how severe the issue is?  As an example PMDG also recommends not using fsuipc but I’ve never had an issue.

Severe enough that I couldn't really control the aircraft with both devices hooked up.  But I am optimistic that I can come up with a solution that allows me the least amount of work.  I did find a kvm-style switch for USB devices sold online, but I'd rather control things thru software if I can.  Maybe SWS will make a controller config program.

Rhett

Thanks, I look forward to seeing how you make out.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I too have the tweet.  To set up the throttles through FSUIPC with my CH Products throttle controller, I set up a profile for the tweet.  I then assigned each engine to an axis through "send to fs as normal axis," not "send direct to fsuipc calibration."  If my memory serves me, I also assigned each each to "Axis Throttle 1 Set" and "Axis Throttle 2 Set."  The next part is important.  Go the "joystick calibration" page and click on reset so that no calibration windows appear.  DO NOT CALIBRATE.  Just leave it with no calibration windows.  When I first installed the tweet, I calibrated the throttles to see what happened, and sure enough, they did not work.  With this set up, my throttles work fine.  I found that the rest of the axis, i.e. rudder, flightstick, work find with normal assignment and calibration.  Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

• Like 1

Michael Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

Thanks, I did the same and was able to use FSUIPC no problem.  It's a nice aircraft!

Dave

I now have the T-37 working well without FSUIPC, but that is not ideal, since I use FSUIPC for everything and don't want to disable it just for this one aircraft.  Therefore, when I find time, I am going to take @mongo44 advice and set it up that way.

I also want to set up a better button for the nose wheel steering.  Right now I have a button on the base of my T16000M for that, but I'd rather have something on the stick like the real plane has. I don't have a button near the base of the stick though.    Also, I bought the T16000M for use with Airbus aircraft (A320 etc.) and it's great for that.  However, I feel like it's not the best for the T-37 or helicopters because it is so firm.  What are you all using?

Rhett

Thrustmaster Warthog here, it has a perfect button down low on the stick.  It's also generally awesome.

Dave

I now have the T-37 working well with FSUIPC.   I even set up the hat switch for the elevator/aileron trim like the real T-37 has.   I'm not sure what exactly their beta testers issue with FSUIPC was, but after working with it for an hour or two, it seems to be working well.

Rhett

Yes having an aileron trim switch on the joystick is very handy.  It certainly likes to wander if not properly trimmed/flown!

Dave