Sign in to follow this  
somiller

Ver. 1.9 Update not tracking ILS glideslope

After unistalling the Falcon 50, then installing version 1.9, I am unable to get it to track ILS glideslope. I own the RXP GTN 750 and installed it using the "Flysimware Falcon 50 Management Tool" as I had with the previous version.

It seems to track an RNAV glidepath without a problem, I just can't get it to follow and ILS glideslope.

The correct ILS freq. is active on the GTN, VLOC is activated on the GTN, localizer and GS activate properly on the AP, and the AP tracks the localizer, but not the GS.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

4 minutes ago, somiller said:

After unistalling the Falcon 50, then installing version 1.9, I am unable to get it to track ILS glideslope. I own the RXP GTN 750 and installed it using the "Flysimware Falcon 50 Management Tool" as I had with the previous version.

It seems to track an RNAV glidepath without a problem, I just can't get it to follow and ILS glideslope.

The correct ILS freq. is active on the GTN, VLOC is activated on the GTN, localizer and GS activate properly on the AP, and the AP tracks the localizer, but not the GS.

Kind Regards,

Popup the small RXP settings window by using Shift+Right Click on the top edge of the 2D version of the RXP GTN750, and check that the entry Connect GPS to HSI is ON. I assume you have the latest version of the RXP GTN750.

Al

Al,

Yep I have the latest (ver. 2.5.22.0) of the GTN. As far as I could tell in the GTN settings window, Connect GPS to HSI is on...many of those settings seem to be set by default in the GTN.ini that installs when using the Management Tool, and I'd have to edit the .ini to change those defaults if anything is not right.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

4 minutes ago, somiller said:

Yep I have the latest (ver. 2.5.22.0) of the GTN

What ILS approach are you using?

Al

Al,

It's a freeware addon for KTOL, and I was flying ILS 07.

Tomorrow I'll try ILS's at some stock airports, and other addon airports and see if it's specific to KTOL 07.

The Lear 35 with the GTN seems to fly it fine.

Kind Regards,

EDIT: Airport DL's from AVSIM Library

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=189355

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=189816

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

1 hour ago, somiller said:

It's a freeware addon for KTOL, and I was flying ILS 07.

I tried the ILS 07 at the default KTOL and it worked fine.  I have the RXP GTN750 installed so I entered the ILS freq of 109.7MHz into that unit for Nav1.

If the Lear35 flies that ILS approach with your add-on KTOL, I would expect the Falcon50 should also.

Al

Edited by ark

For the purpose of closure, the ILS tracking problem described above has been resolved. It is necessary to make sure in the GTN750 ini file (RealityXP.GTN.ini) that for the Master Device there is an entry that says LinkHsi= true. This may not always be visible if the LinkHsi entry is locked in the ini file. However, the LinkHsi setting is represented on the GTN750 little 2D popup settings window as Connect GPS to HSI. This entry has to be "ON".

Al

Edited by ark

Al,

Adding that entry to the ini worked, but it's curious that I had to add it. "Connect GPS to HSI" was locked in my GTN popup settings, and appeared to be ON, however there was no "LinkHsi= " entry for "[GTN_750_1]". It's not that the entry was set to = false...the entry did not exist. Since it didn't exist I find it curious that "Connect GPS to HSI" was locked in my settings...doesn't make sense to me.

I would think "LinkHsi= true" would be present in the ini automatically after installing the GTN using the Management Tool.

Thanks for helping me out with this problem!

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

3 hours ago, somiller said:

Adding that entry to the ini worked, but it's curious that I had to add it. "Connect GPS to HSI" was locked in my GTN popup settings, and appeared to be ON, however there was no "LinkHsi= " entry for "[GTN_750_1]". It's not that the entry was set to = false...the entry did not exist. Since it didn't exist I find it curious that "Connect GPS to HSI" was locked in my settings...doesn't make sense to me.

I would think "LinkHsi= true" would be present in the ini automatically after installing the GTN using the Management Tool.

As I mentioned in the Falcon Update? thread, I think a locked parameter may not show up explicitly in the GTN ini file unless you expand the ini file as I described. So my guess is it was there but not visible. But I certainly don't know that for sure.

In any case, it is still strange that you had to set LinkHsi = true because I think that should have already been in the RXP GTN750 ini file supplied as part of the Falcon50 install process. I wonder if somehow an existing (previous) RXP GTN750 ini file was used? I assume you used the latest Falcon50 1.9A version for the new install.

Bottom line, all now works!  😃

Al,

Indeed it works. I checked "Apps and Features" and it shows 1.9A for my install.

My GTN.ini file lists a creation date of: Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 12:59:04 a.m. I know I hadn't messed with the previous ini in months, so I'm assuming since the creation date is current that I'm not using the old ini.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

45 minutes ago, somiller said:

Al,

Indeed it works. I checked "Apps and Features" and it shows 1.9A for my install.

My GTN.ini file lists a creation date of: Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 12:59:04 a.m. I know I hadn't messed with the previous ini in months, so I'm assuming since the creation date is current that I'm not using the old ini.

Kind Regards,

Well, I don't have a good explanation for why you had to add the LinkHsi entry manually -- should of been part of the install. I'll mention it to Mark at FSW to make sure the default RXP ini file really has the entries we think it does.

Al

I also tested the ILS and it work perfect. The creation date for the Ini is Jan 15 2020 9:59PM.

This file is perfect from V1.9A.

So no reports of issues. 

Are you using the RXP tool to add the GTN750 tool to this plane? DO NOT use that tool. Just have the RXP installed and use our product as it comes installed. 

So far only you only having issues. Have you tried a default airport other than the freeware?

4 hours ago, Flysimware said:

I also tested the ILS and it work perfect. The creation date for the Ini is Jan 15 2020 9:59PM.

So no reports of issues. 

Are you using the RXP tool to add the GTN750 tool to this plane? DO NOT use that tool. Just have the RXP installed and use our product as it comes installed. 

So far only you only having issues. Have you tried a default airport other than the freeware?

Certainly not just somiller - exact same issue for me. All at default airports, have reverted back to 1.8c which works fine. Obviously something got messed up in 1.9+....

Didn't touch the RXP tool to install, it also does the same with the F1 GTN anyway so not an RXP issue....

G

Edited by Gazzareth
More info added

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

7 hours ago, Flysimware said:

So no reports of issues. 

Used the Flysimware Falcon 50 Management Tool to install the GTN...why would I use the RXP tool?

I'll try it at a default airport.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1