Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

People in P3D

Some moving vehicles I can understand ..

The (Flight)Sims 3 😂

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Some moving vehicles I can understand ..

The (Flight)Sims 3 😂

There is probably some kind of clever joke in these comments, but I fail to see it. If that is what a customer wants from us and pays for, he will get it. Individual solution of course, should be in the range between 50K and 100K €. And why not choose P3D, since it has all those nifty animations already.

One of the professional Lorby applications is a disaster response training system based on P3D. It is not intended to train pilots to fly an airplane, the customers have real airplanes to do that and go to real simulators if necessary. Ground objects and people are a small but important part of the simulation, there is nothing funny about it.

Best regards

• Like 2

LORBY-SI

The full motion sim that We use has had a recent graphics upgrade and now includes the tug and a ground engineer who walks back to the ramp and shows you steering bypass pin after pushback.

It may only seem a little thing and rather frivolous but it greatly adds to the immersion.  Being shown the pin is the trigger in our SOPs to call for the takeoff flaps followed by the control checks. Previously the instructor had to lean over and say “pretend you’ve seen the pin” to initiate things , which wasn’t that good really.

• Like 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

5 hours ago, GSalden said:

I am really wondering why P3D, as a professional education sim has the need for animatedly people, animals etc..

Entertainment software like FSX / FSX-SE that I understand ...

What is next : roses and daffodils ? 🌺

Fail to see your logic. For educational purposes there are tons of scenarios that can be simulated where animated people and avatars are an essential part of the show. It's all about immersion. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I fail to see the logic of adding all these things mentioned by me before. Developers of these extras will probably not agree.

LM has intended P3D as an educational sim. Immersion ? Imho all these items that can be added makes it more and more like a game.

Twice I have had the change to fly a real Level D simulator but never saw these gaming things.

So why LM did not release it for the entertainment market ?

Looking at baggage cars loading the aircraft or birds flying in the air with sound surely is fun but with education it has nothing to do.

Let me be clear that it doesn’t bother me at all. I like to see the vids and pics.

But for me a good weather program, good ATC , realistic airports and PR scenery + custom AG are what I am after....
😎

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

But for me a good weather program, good ATC , realistic airports and PR scenery + custom AG are what I am after....

Because you want to see P3D only as a flightsim. That is OK, no problem. That is one of the main strenghts of the platform.
But I have to ask. What is realistic about an airport that doesn't have vehicles or people on it? They are there in the real world too, and simply disregarding them is dangerous.

But P3D itself is intended to be more than that. Even in the very first marketing videos by Lockheed there were manned vehicles (tanks, armed soldiers etc. - is that the entertainment part?)-

A solution based on P3D doesn't even have to have a single airplane in it - it is just a 3D world, that is relatively easy to use for any kind of visual simulation purpose, physics based or otherwise. The only limit what you can do with it is your imagination. 

If a customer calls you and offers you a contract for writing a flood or wildfire simulation or a fishing sim based on P3D - wouldn't you do it? Why does it have to be always only aircraft, aircraft and more aircraft? That is the realm that MSFS will fill out to the brim.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

1 minute ago, Lorby_SI said:

Because you want to see P3D only as a flightsim. That is OK, no problem. That is one of the main strenghts of the platform.
But I have to ask. What is realistic about an airport that doesn't have vehicles or people on it? They are there in the real world too, and simply disregarding them is dangerous.

But P3D itself is intended to be more than that. Even in the very first marketing videos by Lockheed there were manned vehicles (tanks, armed soldiers etc. - is that the entertainment part?)-

A solution based on P3D doesn't even have to have a single airplane in it - it is just a 3D world, that is relatively easy to use for any kind of visual simulation purpose, physics based or otherwise. The only limit what you can do with it is your imagination. 

If a customer calls you and offers you a contract for writing a flood or wildfire simulation or a fishing sim based on P3D - wouldn't you do it? Why does it have to be always only aircraft, aircraft and more aircraft? That is the realm that MSFS will fill out to the brim.

Best regards

I don’t care about vehicles driving around an airport or moving jetways. 

But probably that is because I am in the position of sitting in a real size 2/3 cockpit.
Never heard sounds of birds sitting in a real aircraft.

My interest is more in Safegates than birds ..

Hopefully we don’t have to feed them in a future update 😂

5 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Hopefully we don’t have to feed them in a future update

Why not, if there are people who want that.

The point is, you have your very own use case - but there are thousands of other use cases for the same platform, that may be totally different from yours. None is more ridiculous than the other - they just exist. As a developer you never question the "why" of a requirement. If the customer wants it, he gets it (unless it is to his disadvantage - in that case even I object).

The strength of P3D is, that it supports a great variety of use cases - and they are all equally valid.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 3

LORBY-SI

Well, what many users still don't want to understand and accept is the fact, that P3D is not only a flightsim, or restricted to any type of simulation.

You can read it clearly on their main page Prepar3D v4 :

Prepar3D (pronounced “prepared”) is a visual simulation platform that allows users to create training scenarios across aviation, maritime, and ground domains. Users can train anywhere in the virtual world, from underwater to sub orbital space.

It is a VISUAL SIMULATION PLATFORM - much more than only a flight sim.  And if animated people are needed for certain training scenarios - why not ?

Edited by KBUR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The P3D is for entertainment use only as well as all A/C-, navigation-, weather addon. P3D is a sim-game, for desk top "pilots" like FSX and XP. Hope that a future sim will be more like a professional sim. It will be several thousand USD for a license and in additional a monthly fee that costs you several thousand USD. Yes! I will pay for it. No doubt. Even if you "fly" thousand of hour in P3D you newer get a license to fly an A/C IRL; not even for a one engine Cessna or a glider, VFR certificate😁

Edited by Wennerholm