Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Hey Asobo, give us that !

3 hours ago, domkle said:

Summer would be all right too 😋. I was interested by what he says about the cold air and how it makes flying easier to do stunts like landing on short sand bars

I rekon we have a small group of online bush flyers here!

• Like 1

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

Flight has one, in "Challenges" "Alaska- Gravel Bar Landing Challenge" :smile:

31 minutes ago, MattBarraud said:

I rekon we have a small group of online bush flyers here!

You can count me in! 😉

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

I hope they have realistic ground resistances.  Grass, dirt, and sand should all be different. And packed sand is different than loose sand.  I have seem too many flight sims where you can land anywhere as long as there are not trees or buildings.

With that said, I am really looking forward to bush and float plane flying and doing some exploring.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, GlideBy said:

I hope they have realistic ground resistances.  Grass, dirt, and sand should all be different. And packed sand is different than loose sand.  

I am with you here and  I'd love to see an EP dedicated to bush flying with landings :

- on sand and dirt, with normal and tundra tires, on water to check the water physics, and on snow with skis

- in a narrow valley to see the impact of wind along slopes and over ridges on smaller aircraft

• Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

domkle (don't know how to link just the name), I hope one of the Alpha testers sees this and tries it out.  And if it isn't right, reports it to Asobo.  Of course from there it is up to Asobo to prioritize it.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, domkle said:

I was watching, at breakfast, a video called « Winter Flying » on the YouTube  Backcountry182 channel of a Costa Rican guy flying his Skylane in the PNW, prepping the aircrat, landing on sandbars etc. Summed up what I expect from FS20 : the importance of the air parameters on the flight (temp, density), the beauty of winter and of a very sharp mesh, the feedback of the micro-relief below when flying low (including trees, hedges etc.).

<sigh>

Link to video would be helpful 🙂 

3 hours ago, highflyer2020 said:

Link to video would be helpful 🙂 

I assume this one, but many of the bush flying videos have a similar feel.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GlideBy said:

I assume this one, but many of the bush flying videos have a similar feel.  

Yes, it is.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

OMG...they have waterfalls in farming simulator. We need to see if these are in MFS2020. Asobo, please give us pics of these. Flying down the Amazon anyone ? 😁