Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Will we get P3d v4.6?

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

The advantage of getting v4.6 instead of v5 is that we would not have to pay again. The disadvantage is that I can't see any potential v4.6 including anything that would make any appreciable difference to my P3D experience.

LM said about 6 months or so ago that P3D v4 still had a lot of life left in it, so it's not unlikey that we'll get a v4.6

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Just an observation from someone who has valued Rob’s posts over many years. He doesn’t rant. Poor choice of words.

Everyone has a rant now and again Ray. It's good to get things off your mind sometimes. Better out than in as people sometimes say.😣

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

The funny thing in all that useless conversation (I agree but boys will be boys, right ?) is that my initial post (names, names, names) was meant more as a compliment as anything else. What I basically said is that his beta videos were in the same spirit than the Asobo/MS campaign today, forward looking contrary to others 3PD. My mistake 😂.   I love it ! 

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yes when folk dive in and take sides, that's the issue here - that's wrong and that starts the shirt pulling and the buttons popping.

Edited by SteveW

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

double post, sorry

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

In any event, it will be interesting to see what P3D v5 has to offer at this point...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Reading this thread you can understand why we loose some members who have given some good incite into flight simulator over the years.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 minute ago, rjfry said:

Reading this thread you can understand why we loose some members who have given some good incite into flight simulator over the years.  

I honestly don't see why we would lose members with anything said in this thread, people can have disagreements without getting upset, never to return, were grown ups after all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We're all die hards.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

In any event, it will be interesting to see what P3D v5 has to offer at this point...

Seems your post was lost. So I uprated it.

Edited by SteveW
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

In any event, it will be interesting to see what P3D v5 has to offer at this point…

Which is the central point !

Lockheed Martin has enormous intellectual ressources as a defense contractor in the aerospace industry. We were glad to see them take over a dead FSX but they have to put  in line these ressources more than in the past instead on just having an incremental philosophy. Thats why I'd better have an innovative v5 than a v4.6.  Maybe what Asobo does, will kick them in the behind ?

Edited by domkle

Dominique

I don't see MSFS giving LM a kicking they are not in the same market, to you they are but not to them if they want to make that sort of investment they could but unlikely.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2010, November: v1 - essentially an ESP service pack, and some minor scenery updates. 

2013, November: v2 - major improvement of the "DX9" rendering engine, and increased performance. 

2015, September: v3 - HDR lighting and avatar mode. Later VR support. 

2017, May: v4 - 64 bit architecture. 

And we've lost some default aircraft and gained some new ones along the way... 

It has been a slow and steady ride. Good for us with essentially no other alternative, and even better for the X-Plane fans who surely benefited from Laminar getting more competition. 

Edited by simmerhead
  • Like 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

2 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I don't see MSFS giving LM a kicking they are not in the same market, to you they are but not to them if they want to make that sort of investment they could but unlikely.

This is really out of topic but if I don't think a New York second that MS will forsake the institutional market with their new baby. They would be crazy and they are not.

Dominique

Where's the B58 gone and why?

• Like 1