Sign in to follow this  
Saucey12

need help with coolsky dc9

Hello everyone.  I finally just purchased and dowloaded Coolsky's DC9.  The download seem to go ok but i have not gotten anywhere because the MOUSE will absolutely not work in the virtual cockpit.  Will not flip one switch.  Also the aircraft dowload was supposed to be accompanied by a program screen with the load balance, etc. Cannot figure out why that's not there either.  I am running Windows 10 and FSX:SE.  Can anyone give me any hints or help as to what the problem may be ?  I appreciate it.  

Depending upon how much help you get here, you may want to ask in their help forum!

http://s80.flight1.net/forums/forums.html

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

48 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Depending upon how much help you get here, you may want to ask in their help forum!

http://s80.flight1.net/forums/forums.html

Thank you so much! i was already on that forum but I finally figured it out. Flight 1 does not tell you that you must update patches first before it will work in Steam addition.  I finally found it on the coolsky developer's website, not flight1.  So moral of the story, I need to be more patient and Flight1 needs to work on their communication lol.  

• Like 2

If you are DC-9 / MD-80 fan then check out the Leonardo Maddog X (available for FSX/FSX:SE all the way through to P3Dv4.5).  I'm pretty sure that no experienced flight simmer would debate that the Maddog X is one of the two finest aircraft ever developed for desktop flight sims.  The other is the Majestic Dash 8 Q400.

Best wishes!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

If you are DC-9 / MD-80 fan.....

While I agree with your blatant pitch for the Maddog :biggrin: - and the other one, unarguably the best addon ever-, I have a soft spot for the Coolsky MD82. It's not a bad rendering of the aircraft, and I particularly like the ONS/PMS combo - all FMS-equipped aircraft are very similar to operate, in the end.  I liked the Maddog on FS9 when it had a couple of period 2D panels, but they only made the FMS version with a VC.  And after switching to FSX I can't fly a 2D panel anymore!

10 hours ago, lzamm said:

While I agree with your blatant pitch for the Maddog :biggrin: - and the other one, unarguably the best addon ever-, I have a soft spot for the Coolsky MD82. It's not a bad rendering of the aircraft, and I particularly like the ONS/PMS combo - all FMS-equipped aircraft are very similar to operate, in the end.  I liked the Maddog on FS9 when it had a couple of period 2D panels, but they only made the FMS version with a VC.  And after switching to FSX I can't fly a 2D panel anymore!

The Maddog X is a brand new aircraft, it's not the older Maddog -though the older one also a a VC.  The Maddog X also has the Marconi PMS.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

11 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The Maddog X is a brand new aircraft, it's not the older Maddog -though the older one also a a VC.  The Maddog X also has the Marconi PMS.

And it will make a real pilot out of you. Be ready to study.

Vic green

13 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

And it will make a real pilot out of you. Be ready to study.

Yeah, it's a very complete simulation.  Thankfully, the complete CBT video library is available on Youtube and the team is working on Shared Cockpit which the community I belong to will use to train up some new Maddog pilots.  Shared Cockpit / Connected Flight Deck is just amazing to introducing someone to a complex aircraft or  flying on VATSIM/POSCON.

Being a retired submariner and having flown as an NFO, I love the Maddog because I can directly interact and control most everything in the aircraft. It's like going home for me!

Dave Hodges

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Thanks - I'll look into it again!

1 hour ago, lzamm said:

Thanks - I'll look into it again!

Most welcome my friend.

Dave Hodges

On 2/12/2020 at 4:09 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

If you are DC-9 / MD-80 fan then check out the Leonardo Maddog X (available for FSX/FSX:SE all the way through to P3Dv4.5).  I'm pretty sure that no experienced flight simmer would debate that the Maddog X is one of the two finest aircraft ever developed for desktop flight sims.  The other is the Majestic Dash 8 Q400.

Best wishes!

yep thank you dave, That will most likely be my next one.  I am a huge fan of the old steamers and well built sim models.  

1 hour ago, Saucey12 said:

yep thank you dave, That will most likely be my next one.  I am a huge fan of the old steamers and well built sim models.  

My pleasure, the MD-80 is actually my favorite, followed closely by the Majestic Dash 8.

Dave Hodges

Why is the installation of the cool sky dc9 so cumbersome.!..?

Just switched to W10 ,because w7 gave problems which I can understand.

Have installed the FSX  file format and FSX  old aircraft are working ok ,after conversion  W10.

I can see during the purchased Coolsky DC 9 ,installation process ,that it tries to deviate from the FSX standard file and the software proposes to install the DC 9 else ware in W10 !,,

obviously the product installation information and or software is not complete  of the Coolsky  dc9!!!!!

Coolsky has to come with software fix and I will consult the Coolsky website as well.Fps  rates are very low !,,,

I will break with the unhelpful posts inviting you to use someone else's favourite aircraft model, or indeed to wait for MSFS 2020 which will change the world as we know it and resolve all problems, while providing better versions of every aircraft imaginable in a perfect configuration from day one.

The CoolSky DC9 is one of the best aircraft models available and if you are having problems with it, it is much more likely that the problems are local. It has manuals, checklists, failure scenarios and above all, without user intervention, it has one of the most seamless installers.

It should be borne in mind that even the best addons will not perform well if the host simulator or PC are not correctly configured.