Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Saucey12

need help with coolsky dc9

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone.  I finally just purchased and dowloaded Coolsky's DC9.  The download seem to go ok but i have not gotten anywhere because the MOUSE will absolutely not work in the virtual cockpit.  Will not flip one switch.  Also the aircraft dowload was supposed to be accompanied by a program screen with the load balance, etc. Cannot figure out why that's not there either.  I am running Windows 10 and FSX:SE.  Can anyone give me any hints or help as to what the problem may be ?  I appreciate it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depending upon how much help you get here, you may want to ask in their help forum!

http://s80.flight1.net/forums/forums.html


Charlie Aron

CPU-AMD 2GHZ  2GB RAM  NVidia Graphics FSX with SP1 and SP2  running Win XP

                                     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Depending upon how much help you get here, you may want to ask in their help forum!

http://s80.flight1.net/forums/forums.html

Thank you so much! i was already on that forum but I finally figured it out. Flight 1 does not tell you that you must update patches first before it will work in Steam addition.  I finally found it on the coolsky developer's website, not flight1.  So moral of the story, I need to be more patient and Flight1 needs to work on their communication lol.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are DC-9 / MD-80 fan then check out the Leonardo Maddog X (available for FSX/FSX:SE all the way through to P3Dv4.5).  I'm pretty sure that no experienced flight simmer would debate that the Maddog X is one of the two finest aircraft ever developed for desktop flight sims.  The other is the Majestic Dash 8 Q400.

Best wishes!

 

  • Upvote 1

Dave-Aerosoft-Signature-Banner-2019.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

If you are DC-9 / MD-80 fan.....

While I agree with your blatant pitch for the Maddog :biggrin: - and the other one, unarguably the best addon ever-, I have a soft spot for the Coolsky MD82. It's not a bad rendering of the aircraft, and I particularly like the ONS/PMS combo - all FMS-equipped aircraft are very similar to operate, in the end.  I liked the Maddog on FS9 when it had a couple of period 2D panels, but they only made the FMS version with a VC.  And after switching to FSX I can't fly a 2D panel anymore!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lzamm said:

While I agree with your blatant pitch for the Maddog :biggrin: - and the other one, unarguably the best addon ever-, I have a soft spot for the Coolsky MD82. It's not a bad rendering of the aircraft, and I particularly like the ONS/PMS combo - all FMS-equipped aircraft are very similar to operate, in the end.  I liked the Maddog on FS9 when it had a couple of period 2D panels, but they only made the FMS version with a VC.  And after switching to FSX I can't fly a 2D panel anymore!

The Maddog X is a brand new aircraft, it's not the older Maddog -though the older one also a a VC.  The Maddog X also has the Marconi PMS.

 


Dave-Aerosoft-Signature-Banner-2019.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The Maddog X is a brand new aircraft, it's not the older Maddog -though the older one also a a VC.  The Maddog X also has the Marconi PMS.

 

And it will make a real pilot out of you. Be ready to study.


Vic green

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

And it will make a real pilot out of you. Be ready to study.

Yeah, it's a very complete simulation.  Thankfully, the complete CBT video library is available on Youtube and the team is working on Shared Cockpit which the community I belong to will use to train up some new Maddog pilots.  Shared Cockpit / Connected Flight Deck is just amazing to introducing someone to a complex aircraft or  flying on VATSIM/POSCON.

Being a retired submariner and having flown as an NFO, I love the Maddog because I can directly interact and control most everything in the aircraft. It's like going home for me!

 


Dave-Aerosoft-Signature-Banner-2019.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The Maddog X is a brand new aircraft, it's not the older Maddog -though the older one also a a VC.  The Maddog X also has the Marconi PMS.

 

Thanks - I'll look into it again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lzamm said:

Thanks - I'll look into it again!

 

Most welcome my friend.

 

 


Dave-Aerosoft-Signature-Banner-2019.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 4:09 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

If you are DC-9 / MD-80 fan then check out the Leonardo Maddog X (available for FSX/FSX:SE all the way through to P3Dv4.5).  I'm pretty sure that no experienced flight simmer would debate that the Maddog X is one of the two finest aircraft ever developed for desktop flight sims.  The other is the Majestic Dash 8 Q400.

Best wishes!

 

yep thank you dave, That will most likely be my next one.  I am a huge fan of the old steamers and well built sim models.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saucey12 said:

yep thank you dave, That will most likely be my next one.  I am a huge fan of the old steamers and well built sim models.  

My pleasure, the MD-80 is actually my favorite, followed closely by the Majestic Dash 8.

 


Dave-Aerosoft-Signature-Banner-2019.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    5%
    $1,455.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...