Sign in to follow this  
mp15

dynamic damage

We will never see any fireballs, explosions, engines falling off and so on. The Aircraft names are copyright and Boeing, Airbus will not allow Asobo to use them if this is simulated. And I remember after 9/11 the damage model was removed from the FS and I think this will stay.

• Like 1

ugcx_banner.png

This is going way back to hazy memories from when I was a kid, but didn't the Chuck Yeager sim model stress damage? I'm sure I remember ripping the wings off of a Blackbird trying to do a high-G turn at Mach 3+.

• Like 1

If you want to dramatically simulate an aircraft crash simply make an HD sound recording of a 100 mph fastball hitting a catchers mitt.

Couple that loud pop sound to the screen immediately going black.

That should get the point across.

And always remember to never bust minimums because when the leaves get big in the windshield, it's too late to repent.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, martin-w said:

If you mean I didnt contribute to the other, recent thread on this, then I suggest you go back and read it. I made numerous posts in support of damage modelling. I also pointed out that the developer has told us, in the podcast linked to in this forum, that they are restricted by the licensing... but will apply as much damage modelling as the licence will allow.

You wont change the developers mind on this because they CAN'T change their mind due to the licensing agreement.

All I see in this thread is an almost identical conversation to the one we had a couple of weeks ago. But if you wish to rehash every point already made... go right ahead.

Pointless though because 1. We've already done this. 2. The developer has told us what they CAN and WILL do.

Martin, first of all I'm talking about monetary donations, you didn't make any, so enjoy this read and avoid lamentations please, if you like the other thread more then write in there and not in here ?

second I don't care the stock planes made by Asobo and accepted by manufacture, we gonna develope aircraft in this game and as usual third party content is much more rich than freebies. If the game has icing then it has dynamic textures and so there will be fireballs and blood screen on crash like it or not that's how the real thing is.

9 hours ago, Jonnoxx said:

Asabo should keep burning to their original gaming flair and passion (it's what got them this job in the first place!).  And NOT succumb to the jaded whims of a stuffy old guard that are closer to the grave than the cradle! 

: 💓 :

Edited by n4gix
REMOVED EXCESSIVE QUOTE!!! Please stop quoting the entire post you are replying to!

4 hours ago, martin-w said:

I also pointed out that the developer has told us, in the podcast linked to in this forum, that they are restricted by the licensing

Can you post the link here?  I assume you are talking About Asobo?

it was Neumann who said that and it's true Mr Boeing and Mr Cessna won't allow destruction because it visually go against the Brand policy. Makes sense, but there will be other aircraft, like warbirds made by 3rd parties and those could burn in crash if the XML says so...

If they wanted, couldn't they just make a plane up that wasn't a real life plane if people wanted the full crash and damage meaning it would only work on that plane. Will never happen though. 

16 hours ago, olderndirt said:

In a 172 doing 160 kts, flaps would be redundant.  You'd already be going downhill fairly rapidly.

olderndirt, are you talking to me or someone else, or just a random comment?  If you are on PC you can highlight text using a mouse, then a quote option comes up, just click it.  That way that person gets an alert, and they know exactly what you are talking about.

I assume you are referencing this 

On 2/22/2020 at 11:40 PM, GlideBy said:

flaps damaged from going too fast,

Notice that I didn't mention a plane or a speed.  And here is a quote from AOPA

"VFE, the maximum velocity at which the airplane can be flown with its flaps fully extended, is the high-speed limit of the white arc. Flying at speeds greater than VFE with full flaps can result in damage, perhaps to the point of losing one or both flaps. Not a good thing. A number of airplanes, however, do allow the use of approach flaps, usually around 10 degrees, at speeds higher than VFE. The POH will give the specific details."  https://www.aopa.org/training-and-safety/students/maneuvers/topics/airspeed

Edited by GlideBy

you can lose flaps depending on speed regarding the surface area, weight of the flaps and hinges strength.

This horse has already been beat to death. Why start another thread. Search the forum and read the other topic.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals