Sign in to follow this  
wlbear

VRi MCP Combo with LINDA [resolved]

Hi everyone.  I wonder if anyone can help me with this. Been at it for days and to no avail.

I owe a vrinsight MCP Combo FCU II for airbus in which the company in question haven’t updated the drivers since 2016 and have no plans in doing so! 

Ive tried to pair it with aerosoft A318/319/320/321 professional and although everything seems ok in the settings which I followed step by step I can’t make it to work other than the radio panel. I’m obviously missing something here.  

Thanks 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Hi

I use the VRI Combo 2 Airbus and Aerosoft A3XX all the time so I know they work. The only drivers you need for the VRI panel are the USB Serial FDFT drivers. You can use the VRSim.exe to identify the ComPort but it should not be run at the same time as LINDA as they conflict with each other.

Ensure you have downloaded and installed the current LINDA 3.1.1 and Aerosoft A3XX module v1.8. In the LINDA MCO Setup page enable the MCP panel and ensure the correct ComPort and FCU are selected. Also make sure you are using a registered/paid version of FSUIPC and that LINDA MCP Setup reports that the fsuipcX.ini entry is Looking Good. Click Make changes for you? if not.

Restart LINDA and your Flt Sim. Ensure that the MCP panel displays "Powered by LINDA" as the aircraft loads and that the Aerosoft A3XX is displayed in the LINDA aircraft box and that it is sync-ed with the Flt Sim (Orange outline). The default assignments for the panel should allow it to operate correctly with the panel.

If it does not work follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure and email me the logs.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hey!! Fixed !! Honestly I don’t know what was I doing wrong or not working at the time but I did step by step all you said.  Thanks a million ! Took me hours and many cups of tea but I have a happy son.  I would like to gradually use Linda with the other Saitek products we have installed but for now one thing at a time 🙂  

THANKYOU 

Glad to have helped.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Early days yet cause still not purchased but does LINDA work with vrinsight over head panels? LINDA works way, way better than official drivers I must say.  My son had the hardware unused for well over 18 months if I remember correctly.  I never got onto LINDA till now and thanks to your help. 

LINDA only works with the VRI Combo Panels. It does not cover the overhead or MCDU units. It can be used with most HID devices like joysticks. 

I am delighted that your son is benefiting from the use of LINDA. 

Edited by ScotFlieger
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Andrew, sorry to bother you again but unfortunately we had to reinstall the entire system due to corrupted windows and the problem is I cant get back the FCU COMBO to work now. My mind is boggled up and I don't know what Im doing any longer. Another thing is, do I need the vrinsight serial driver? cause I don't have it and the website is non existent any more. I do know the com port is 3 though. The configuration page shows all is ok but to no avail.  

@wlbear you will need to install the VRi drivers for the USB-Serial device. You can also run the VRSim.exe to test that your PC can communicate with your Combo panel and to get the COMPort number (it may change from your old port). Then never run VRSim.exe again.

In LINDA, enter the MCP Comport and Combo type and click save. Close and reopen LINDA and your Flt Sim. Ensure that you have entered your FSUIPC registration details.

This should get you working.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Done all the above. In the summery all seems ok,setup mcp combo all set ok. In maintenance nothing is set though and I don't remember it from last time. I think last time I was just word not allowed lucky to make it work but not this time round I'm really frustrated, must be all this covid thing that I cant think straight 😭:sad:. I'm not even sure where I've even installed Linda. I've been a disaster lately.  I suppose I cant send you screen grabs through here? 

I am not sure if you are telling me that everything is ok and working or not.

The Maintenance page is a new addition. I suggest you turn on fault diagnosis mode on that page. Then start LINDA and try to operate your joysticks and Combo. Email me the fsuipcX.log and linda2.log files to Linda @ awginfosys.net. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hey! No, it wasn’t working but it is now.  When you said ‘send me the log’ I wasn’t quite sure how to do it but I did manage to find out how to later on. It had an error something like “3xxx missing” lol. I installed the Aerosoft A3xx in the wrong directory 🤦🏼‍♂️ . Thanks bro.  Are you the developer for Linda? I’ll make a donation. 🙂 

Great news. I am the current support developer based on those with greater brains than I who conceived and built LINDA originally.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK