Sign in to follow this  

QW787 +FS2020

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Here is what you're missing with your clumsy analogies: I got enticed to buy the Airbus from Aerosoft because of the discount. I decided not to rebuy the QW 787 because they don't offer a discount. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only simmer who thinks this way and puts his money where he/she detects fair and good business sense (and I'm hardly an Aerosoft fan).

I don't buy aircraft that way.  I'm surprised that anyone does.  I purchase something I know has worth for me.  I'm not an Airbus fan at all,  so even a 90% discount would be a wasted spend - and I certainly wouldn't spend it on the Aerosoft version.  

I prefer Boeing. So even at full price,  it's a more sensible purchase because my per hour/per day cost for the investment after a year,  will be pennies.

But my point stands - thinking that you are owed a discount because you bought a previous version is ridiculous .

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only simmer who thinks this way and puts his money where he/she detects fair and good business sense (and I'm hardly an Aerosoft fan).

Oh, you're hardly alone, because there are a lot of simmers out there who apparently think that one purchase obligates companies to work for free for him in perpetuity.

The 787, as has been explained to you already, did offer a 50% discount to owners of the FSX version. It is not their fault that you chose not to avail yourself of that discount and then complained about it later. They had to do work to transition their product from FSX to P3D, and if they did not get paid to do that work, they would not have done it.

If my employer told me to give them a week of free work because I'm producing the same product that I produced last week, I would tell them to pound sand. You'd do the same. But somehow, add-on developers are viewed by some as unethical for doing the same.

The short version is, newsflash: Products cost money to produce, and you are not entitled to free stuff.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Its funny to read the two replies above this and all the likes they both got, then read a AS 330 post to see that the purchase fell out the skies.....Never happens with the QW 78,

O well live and learn as they say. 

Nothing beats a "professional" labeled product. 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

56 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

to see that the purchase fell out the skies.....Never happens with the QW 78,

What does that mean in this context?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ErichB said:

What does that mean in this context?

nice one Erich 🙂 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip