Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cindy_Zoonan

YES!!! I've found a brilliant way get good autogen and still have great framerates!

>I've experimented with this and also came to the conclusion>it didn't really make a difference on my system.>>PIV 3.2 ghz, 3gig ddr ram, gforce 5700 gs 512 megs ram>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgLooks like the trick is to have 512 meg video card. Video memory requirements for FSX are definately too much for 128 meg cards to handle.Matt

Guest michael7

Speakin of that FSX.CFG file, I surfed to the area for the folder to make these tweaks, and the folder name is fsx.CFG (note: "fsx" is lower case), and the lines I need are nowhere to be found in that file. (TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=3000)Would it matter fsx being lower case instead of cap, and why the dif?Im running Demo#2, I thought I read somewhere, someone had it workin in the demo. I have my copy preordered, must wait...aarrgg!...:(...lolI am guessing when I recieve my copy, the file will be their as it should, and the tweakin will begin.http://www.fox-fam.com/wordpress/?page_id=41

Oh yeah, the good ol unassigned key 'reload scenery'. Forgot about that. But most people do not know about that, Bill. :)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Challenger604

This tweak has been the biggest help for FPS for me too. AWESOME now I can go 100% on everything!

The file name is NOT case sensitive. The two lines need to be added to the TERRAIN section of your fsx.cfg file. They are not in the original file. The 4500 and 3000 values are what FSX uses by default. If you want to gain any benefit from this tweak you need to lower the numbers.Mike

This tweak is not for me. I love high density trees - this is what was so lacking in FS9. I rather give up my on buildings autogen trees.Michael J.

Guest EdrickV

Those two lines provide a way to control the density of the trees, both increasing and decreasing them. You may be able to decrease the values a bit without totally sacrificing the high density trees. (or buildings)I set mine to 150 and 300 respectively in Demo 1 and got a nice boost. Instead of having autogen off or on sparce I can raise it to normal with, I think, a bit more trees then FS9 without sacrificing performance or variety. (Did not do any of the other autogen tweaks.)"Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

GaryI have the final and agree that the tweaks do not seem to have much effect on that either.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Guest michael7

DOH!I did not read the instructions well enough for the FSX.CFG tweak, I got it working now thnx a bunch, and I do have good results.Gonna finish the rest of the tweaks and report framerates later...Speakin of FPS.......how the heck do I get the FPS to show in game/sim...I know I know....sorry...:)Searched a bit, and scanned through FSX's keylog (whatever its called) but did not find it.Thnx again...:)Dell Dimension-P4 3.0GHZ/2048MB DDR2 SDRAM/256 MB Geforce 6800/2x 80GB HD's---Wanting to upgrade CPU/Ram(just from 400mhz to 533mhz)/power supply and possibly vid card.

Shift + Z. Hit this 2 times for fps. Hit it another 2 times to return to nothing.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.