Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

DCS......Are you serious?

2 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Is this a serious question? Have you checked the ED forums about the various and significant flight model problems which still exist since almost 2 years?

For those interested the in FLYING part of the sim, yes

For those interested the in FLYING part of the sim, yes

Thank you for explaining to me what EA means, but I'm one of the many users who supported ED over all the years since the first Flanker version.

ED promised to fix and complete their old modules in 2020....maybe they really do. Time will tell. I'll keep monitoring the ED forums.  

I totally agree that fixing existing models "should" be any dev's priority before moving on to a shiny new model for us to ogle over.  But the sad truth is that while to the existing users who are "in it for the long run"...they have our money, and fixing old stuff generates zero income.  On the other hand...an exciting new plane generates interest not only in the existing community, but that news makes its way to the folks out there who never heard of DCS before, and may get them to make an impulse buy just because they've been waiting to fly an "Insert favorite fighter here".  Granted...to the well-informed customers in the DCS world, we KNOW the real story about dev promises/priorities...but even with that knowledge, we too are extremely tempted to push that buy button....knowing that our existing F16, 18, 5, AV8, etc are not fully baked yet.  This is human nature, and we are all prone to it. 
Some companies exploit this human defect to its max capacity (cough, cough, CS, Carenado)....while others tend to be a 1 plane factory until that one is done and ready for retail (A2A is one that comes to mind).  Sadly the latter is always struggling with cash flow...which is the businesses life-blood and without it, they tend to dry up and go away. 😞 

I "almost" pushed the buy button on the Viper initial release, because really....even though I had 3 other great planes before it I hadn't become proficient in, c'mon....its the Viper!  I decided to wait past the initial surge of "OMG, its a Viper" when it 1st became available.... and of course was rewarded with the current sale and then picked it up for $39 because even though I knew it was not done, by the time I get around to seriously flying it...I hope it will be, and many early adopters before me have shaken it out and found workarounds for me that I don't have to painfully discover myself. 🙂

I guess that's the good part about being in the dark about DCS for so long...I came into it rather late, and the F18 got me into it as I've logged an hour in the real sim...so I am of course an expert in it. 🤣....when I got it as my 1st purchased module, it had already been out for a while and many simmers already figured the bugs to stay away from.

Not perfect in any scenario....but its what we have. 🙂  I just try to roll with the punches and be grateful that we even have a system like DCS. 

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

12 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

What do you think, since you have read my first post:  I never killed anyone (expect myself) or destroyed anything 

It would be nice if you started answering the question i asked you already two times. Because "go check the forum, it's full of issues!" doesn't really give much. Most third party addons, even unrelated to DCS, still receive flight model updates. It's part of the continuous development 🙂

As for this, i also enjoy flying without using weapons. There are plenty of servers for that. I also enjoy using said weapons, in training or the normal servers. Fun for everybody.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

8 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

Most third party addons, even unrelated to DCS, still receive flight model updates. It's part of the continuous development 🙂

Like the MiG-21 which unfortunately continuously receives rather questionable flight model updates 😉 

2 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Like the MiG-21 which unfortunately continuously receives rather questionable flight model updates 😉 

3 times now, you are still not answering to the basic question i asked you, which is based on your statement about the F-18. Care to finally elaborate?

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

35 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

Care to finally elaborate?

No. It simply makes no sense to me to discuss or explain the various flight model problems in the Avsim hangar chat forum. That's what the ED forums are for, were talking about these problems makes sense and RW F/A-18 pilots are involved as well.

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

No. It simply makes no sense to me to discuss or explain the various flight model problems in the Avsim hangar chat forum. That's what the ED forums are for, were talking about these problems makes sense and RW F/A-18 pilots are involved as well.

It made sense for you to just talk in a certain way about the F-18, just like it makes sense for you avoiding talking about what you meant and mentioning a forum first and some random unknown F-18 pilots too 😛 Fair enough, i think we got the picture now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eurofighter Typhoon :wub::wub: I'm sold.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

5 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

It made sense for you to just talk in a certain way about the F-18, just like it makes sense for you avoiding talking about what you meant and mentioning a forum first and some random unknown F-18 pilots too 😛 Fair enough, i think we got the picture now.

I don't know why you are so fixated on the F/A-18. As mentioned before numerous aircraft still are having bugs, some so ridiculous that they don't occur in any other sim, like the inverse ground effect and the head/tailwind bug. After so many years you still don't know who the F/A-18 pilots in the ED forums are?    

4 hours ago, FDEdev said:

I don't know why you are so fixated on the F/A-18. As mentioned before numerous aircraft still are having bugs, some so ridiculous that they don't occur in any other sim, like the inverse ground effect and the head/tailwind bug. After so many years you still don't know who the F/A-18 pilots in the ED forums are?    

Look. I think it's pretty evident by now that you dropped a bomb without backing it up with facts. And that's what i asked you, facts. Since your original message was about the F-18, i asked you what was wrong with it. You coudn't tell me and brought in excuses. First that everybody knew about them, then that there was no point of you telling them here because it's not a worthy topic or worthy section, then trying to implicate i don't know things (while still not saying anything specific) and finally saying "it's not just it, lots of things are wrong!"

This is getting a bit childish and frankly useless, others still see and read however. So i'll just drop it.

edit for the answer above: we were talking about the F-18 specifically, remember? 🙂

Edited by Pastaiolo

42 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

Since your original message was about the F-18, i asked you what was wrong with it. You coudn't tell me...

If you would have actually read my last reply, then you would know that I did provide an example. 

Good idea to drop it. Over and out. 

Edited by FDEdev

Hello all,

After a career in miliary communications, and to introduce an irrelevant point, I would like to say that the expression "over and out" is a contradiction in terms.

in Radio Telephony, the expression "over" is an invitation to respond to your last statement. "out" is an indication that the conversation is finished. So, in fact, over and out means "please respond but I am not going to be here to listen to it  LOL"

Works in the movies however. 

For FDEdev, this is not a criticism ... simply a note of interest (for those actually interested LOL)

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hey!  Can you STOP that guys ?????

Just because of you two, FSDev and Pasta, I just flushed all of my Internet bandwidth for the month installing / uninstalling / reinstalling … DCS and IL-2, and in between full XP11.50b1, P3D, FSX, ELITE, Aerowinx...

You make me feel uneasy - I have to try them all as a reflex action… and now, I have to wait endlessly for MFS 😞

All ya fault!

Ya Bad!

😄

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

5 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello all,

After a career in miliary communications, and to introduce an irrelevant point, I would like to say that the expression "over and out" is a contradiction in terms.

Tony, that expression is one of my primary "fingernails screeching on a blackboard" peeves as well! :wacko: It is extremely cringe worthy...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I like it because it's the polite form to tell someone something that would be most likely changed automatically into (one or more) 'word not allowed' by the Avsim forum software. 🤣 

FDEdev

Heres min

"No Comment"

Tonu

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.