Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

The cache

3 hours ago, Grounded said:

I hope we can lock certain areas, so they aren't dumped as oldest.  For example my home area and airport I want to keep cached all the time.  

We don't know yet but it may use the same idea as FSW, you have to have a start airport and a destination airport entered before you fly, and in the setup options you enter your home airport you can change this at any time.

PS. you can still fly were ever you like when in fight in FSW it gave you a fail at the end of flight for not landing at the destination entered. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 hours ago, Grounded said:

I hope we can lock certain areas, so they aren't dumped as oldest.  For example my home area and airport I want to keep cached all the time.  

What we understand is that, at stage, it is a FIFO mechanism when the cache is full, said size being defined by you according to your hardware.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I hate it when people make these kinds of videos. He's breaking the NDA and this has already been sent to moderators (alpha forum).

Just keep you mouth shut and wait for official communication.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

40 minutes ago, simtom said:

I hate it when people make these kinds of videos. He's breaking the NDA and this has already been sent to moderators (alpha forum).

Well, even if the first guy who posted Alpha videos a few months ago was clearly breaching the NDA in a very inappropriate way and deserved to be out, I think it's sad Adrien has been reported.

He doesn't tell much and keeps us a little informed about the sim.

I really think alpha testers like you would be much more efficient and in their role in actually testing than reporting this kind of insights. 

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, simtom said:

I was not shocked by his post. He says quite respectfully and with a lot of caveats, information which are of a great interest to me and others.   Instead of punishing him, MS would be smart to supervise  this kind of "leaks". 

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

9 minutes ago, Noooch said:

He doesn't tell much and keeps us a little informed about the sim.

But why is it so hard for people to understand the NDA? Just don't say anything, is it really that hard? Even when it may sound trivial what he's saying, it could still lead to all kinds of misinformation.

10 minutes ago, Noooch said:

I really think alpha testers like you would be much more efficient and in their role in actually testing than reporting this kind of insights. 

Oh, I am, don't worry 🙂 

3 minutes ago, domkle said:

He says quite respectfully and with a lot of caveats, information which are of a great interest to me and others.

Like I said earlier, leave that to Asobo/MS.

But I agree that other people have leaked way more, even Swiss001 breached the NDA quite heavily.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, simtom said:

Like I said earlier, leave that to Asobo/MS.

We are at a stage where  a simmer who is careful about he says has more credibility than a PR machine.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Not sure about that, domkle. I agree when we're talking about previews or reviews, but in this stage features could be added, changed or removed very rapidly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, simtom said:

But why is it so hard for people to understand the NDA? Just don't say anything, is it really that hard? Even when it may sound trivial what he's saying, it could still lead to all kinds of misinformation.

We are all grown up here and we don't need your patronizing attitude, I will say something if I want to.

I pity your need to report people like him but what can I say... congratulations.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Everyone is free to say what they want, I'm just not fond of those who want to make themselves interesting by talking about stuff they're not supposed to talk about.

So, you prefer to have people like him spreading info about things that are still heavily work-in-progress?

Edited by simtom

1 minute ago, simtom said:

Not sure about that, domkle. I agree when we're talking about previews or reviews, but in this stage features could be added, changed or removed very rapidly.

Look at the cache issue that worries me. Adrien explained the problem and clearly stated  that the region/road functionality might be added later on.  The gentlemen of this thread came to the same conclusion in disagreement with me . I think they were right and me wrong. Soft message to Asobo, no harm done.  Again MS/Asobo should use the testers in a smarter way than just releasing screenshots.

I don't know who reported him but I share @Noooch's total disdain of the snitches who did that when no harm were done to them. Not nice. Not nice at all.  

• Upvote 1

Dominique

1 minute ago, domkle said:

Again MS/Asobo should use the testers in a smarter way than just releasing screenshots

I would love to tell you all about it, but I can't.

For full transparency, I reported it. I probably overreacted, and the mods will most likely don't take any further actions.

Like I said earlier, other leaks have been much worse (YouTube guy, screenshots on Facebook). My apologies if I came over as an NDA police officer, I think we're just a bit oversensitive when it comes to NDA breaches.

Heck, even I have dropped some hints here on the forum regarding the alpha, so I guess I'm guilty as well.

Anyway, I think it's better for me to only read these forums from now on instead of interacting 😉 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, simtom said:

I would love to tell you all about it, but I can't.

For full transparency, I reported it. I probably overreacted, and the mods will most likely don't take any further actions.

Like I said earlier, other leaks have been much worse (YouTube guy, screenshots on Facebook). My apologies if I came over as an NDA police officer, I think we're just a bit oversensitive when it comes to NDA breaches.

Heck, even I have dropped some hints here on the forum regarding the alpha, so I guess I'm guilty as well.

Anyway, I think it's better for me to only read these forums from now on instead of interacting 😉 

Thanks for your honesty. You over-reacted all right as no harm was done to FS20 and its developers by Adrien. But I, for one, must say that I also appreciated your eye winks from the alpha stand these recent weeks. So don't be a stranger.

• Like 1

Dominique

Yeah, I'm not really the type of guy that wants to insults others without being able to self-reflect.

Roger that, I'll keep it in mind 🙂 

• Like 1

Everyone is starved for info, it seems people try to justify getting info anyway they can get it.  MS/Asobo have clearly shown they have multiple methods of telling us things.  They tell us what they want.  How would you feel if someone posted your home address on here, or your phone number, or your secrets?

This video has already caused confusion here and on another forum.  And based on the video I now have concerns that I previously didn't. 

This thread makes me wonder how many on here will break the NDA.  After all if it is OK for this guy to break the agreement, then it must be OK for yourself?

6 hours ago, Noooch said:

We are all grown up here and we don't need your patronizing attitude, I will say something if I want to.

I pity your need to report people like him but what can I say... congratulations.

Are you saying that you are going to break the NDA?  The way I see it, the guy agreed to the NDA.  It very clearly says don't talk about it.  So the guy broke his word, broke his promise. 

I saw elsewhere that someone else reported it and was told they were aware already, at least that is what they posted.  So even if Simtom had not reported it, it would have been reported.  And you could say the person that posted it on AVSIM reported it, as we know they follow the forum.  

Edited by GlideBy
  • Like 2