Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Krasnoyarsk to Podkamennaya Tunguska

Hi folks,

here are some impressions of a flight from Krasnoyarsk-Cheremshanka to Podkamennaya Tunguska with an Antonov An-28 along River Yenisey.

Fv4yn6z.jpg

QWOoOcP.jpg

jnt55jl.jpg

The next picture shows the two Krasnoyarsk airports: Cheremshanka, mostly for small aviation, to the left; and Yemelyanovo International Airport to the right:

cexlMjC.jpg

11MUzl3.jpg

Most time of the flight we follow river Yenisey.

YyqFFdv.jpg

At final approach to Podkamennaya Tunguska. This airport is named after the river of the same name, that flows into river Yenisey just at the opposite riverside. It's the very same river where 1908 the Tunguska meteorite impact occured.

yhjQ2L8.jpg

Landed!

fV9Zhec.jpg

58HpM1F.jpg

sSw8s8r.jpg

Now let's do some skiing, fishing or Lada'ing.

Best regards,

Harald

• Like 3

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Superb set Harald! Love the interesting airports, love your AI and I'm loving that cute An-28!.....she is new to me. 😎 

I googled a quick vid of the An-28 and she was not so cute...the engines were quite loud in the cockpit.

Is the sound set for this model nice and loud? (I have not installed her yet)

Thanks Ed.

It's very loud!

• Like 1

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Excellent shots, Harald. Your scenery with all its add-ons always looks so impressive !!

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I too decided to have a look at a cockpit video of the An-28. Harald, did you try the barrel roll? :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWrWg0C0LpY

If I'm reading what I think is the altimeter correctly, the pilot appeared to enter the manoeuvre at about 450metres and then lost about 125metres during the roll.:wacko:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks for commenting Bernd and Mark. I probably won't try a barrel roll with that type until I have drunk a barrel of Vodka, and that is, let's say, quite unlikely.

• Like 1

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Great scenery and a unique subject, Harald.  No end of interesting places to fly in Russia!

John G.

18 hours ago, PittsS2B said:

No end of interesting places to fly in Russia!

It is exactly so, John, and I only have to add that there are still new freeware add-ons for FS2004 coming from the Russian community from time to time so that there's always something new to try. Thanks for your comment!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Btw Harald, I have done quite a bit of flying lately in Kamtschatka. An absolutely fascinating area and I can image that you would love flying there too. Few airports though, but absolutely amazing scenery. I did it in the new sim that nobody is allowed to talk about. You'll love it for sure 😉 

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Quite an interesting Antonov plane, you've got, here, Harald!

Always, like your choice of ORIG/DEST airports/trips and the narratives...great (travelogue) pictures, here...!

Thanks P_7878 for commenting! Plane is interesting, indeed, but veeery slow.

Regarding Bernd's comment about Kamchatka: Have been simming there with the Tu-134, but with a fast and high flying plane there's not that direct scenic impression. Will try it there with the Antonov or the Let 410... Thanks for the reminder!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg