Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Anyone have an AMD Radeon GPU working with v5?

Anyone have an AMD Radeon GPU working with v5?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use an AMD Radeon GPU and, if so, are you experiencing a CTD on changing view TO the cockpit?

• I have an AMD Radeon GPU and I am experiencing a CTD when changing views TO the cockpit.
    • I have an AMD Radeon GPU and I am NOT experiencing a CTD when changing views TO the cockpit.
    • I have an AMD Radeon GPU and I am experiencing a CTD, but not related to changing views.

My RX 570 4GB is working fine with the exception of Aerosoft A320/A321, which consumes the entire VRAM available, even in the minimum graphic settings and ends up causing OOM problems.

I really think it's a bug because the Aerosoft A330, which is made by the same company and basically has the same effects consumes only half of the VRAM in the medium settings. When I went to talk about it on the Aerosoft forum, they basically said that my GPU sucks and that I should buy another one.

1 hour ago, edu2703 said:

My RX 570 4GB is working fine with the exception of Aerosoft A320/A321, which consumes the entire VRAM available, even in the minimum graphic settings and ends up causing OOM problems.

I really think it's a bug because the Aerosoft A330, which is made by the same company and basically has the same effects consumes only half of the VRAM in the medium settings. When I went to talk about it on the Aerosoft forum, they basically said that my GPU sucks and that I should buy another one.

The 330 was built with newer techniques, including using PBR for the cockpit lighting instead of TFDi Reallight, which consumes a lot of VRAM. Indeed the 330 is basically a case study in optimized VRAM usage. It is the lightest on VRAM of all my modern add-ons, on the level with my GA add-ons. The 318-321 uses the same VRAM as the Maddog.

4GB VRAM will be tough for most tubeliners though because of DX12.

You can try disabling Trueglass and Reallight on the 320 series.

The 5500XT and 580 both have 8GB VRAM for under $200 if you want more VRAM for not a lot of money.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

2 hours ago, edu2703 said:

Does your 570 show preview aircraft and does it allow manual use of lighting? ie ..instead of HDR. Maybe i have the only amd graphics card with these issues. Nobody else seems to be talking about this. I have rx 580.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

13 hours ago, Karelpatch said:

Thanks, I didn’t know about this! How do you activate this??

Open Radeon settings. There is a settings cog in the top right corner of the app, go there and go into global settings tab.

In there you should be able to enable HBMC and there is a slider to choose how much of your RAM you want assign to it. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/