Sign in to follow this  
Ed_S_Pilot

P3D V5 A2A RXP 530 V2

It seems that I, too, am having the same issue. I cannot seem to get the Reality XP gns 530 to work with A2A's C172 on P3D v5. I just upgraded from v3 so I do not have v4 to compare and see if Reality XP works on it. But I've un-installed and re-installed both products and still the GPS does not work. The panel comes up as it should, and it has the Reality XP logo on the panel, but the unit just does not power on it seems. I've checked the .INI files and even set the Power to always on, and it still does not come on . Any suggestions? Kind regards,

@Michael Minuck III Hi, can you post the content of the RXP log files? (see RXP Manual for file/path)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Here are the most recent log files. I don't have a photo host so I can't screen shot but I'll copy and paste the logs.

rxpgns2.gau.log

20/05/24 00:04:02.226 18804 -    ] # rxpGNS2.dll version 2.4.20.0
20/05/24 00:04:02.226 18804 INFO ]

rxpGnsSim.dll.log
20/05/24 00:04:04.559 18804 -    ] # rxpGnsSim64.dll version 2.4.20.0
20/05/24 00:04:04.559 18804 INFO ]
20/05/24 00:04:20.004 18804 ERROR] trainer not found

Info:

P3D v5 installed default location, A2A Cessna installed non-default location, on a separate SSD, Reality XP installed at default location. Thanks for checking into this for me.

OK.. trainer not found..

Did you install the Garmin GNS 530 Trainer... in its default location?

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK.. trainer not found..

Did you install the Garmin GNS 530 Trainer... in its default location?

No, I'm very familiar with the 530 as it is. I did not see the need to download it for my educational purposes.

1 minute ago, Michael Minuck III said:

No, I'm very familiar with the 530 as it is. I did not see the need to download it for my educational purposes.

The RXP gauge needs it to operate..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Ooohhhhhhhhhhh...............

Ok. I'll start from the top again and post the results. Thanks for that insight. Guess I was not expecting that. But if that's the case, I'm sure it will be exactly like the real 530 when I get it working.

1 minute ago, Michael Minuck III said:

Ooohhhhhhhhhhh...............

Ok. I'll start from the top again and post the results. Thanks for that insight. Guess I was not expecting that. But if that's the case, I'm sure it will be exactly like the real 530 when I get it working.

It will be indeed.  Just to clarify.. you do not need to start the trainer, that is handled by the GNS gauge.

• Like 1

Bert

I installed the trainer, and now the system functions properly. The only issue I've noticed is that in the VC, the display is larger than the bezel, cutting off some words, like OK at the startup screen. I'll be using the 2D window on a separate monitor so it really doesn't bother me, but wondering how to resize it to fit the VC display. Thanks again.

You can fine tune the size to your liking...

Edit the panel.cfg file with Notepad.

Search for rxpGNS and when you find the Vcockpit line, it will have four coordinates:

X,Y, Width,Height

change the width and height to suit, save and restart the airplane.

• Like 2

Bert