Sign in to follow this  
wyman_hd

P3D v5 pixelated outline

Whenever I point my camera towards the ground or mountain a weird outline of my aircraft starts to appear.
When i point my camera up to the sky, the outline doesn't appear anymore. 

unknown.png

It only happens when the camera is zoomed in. If i zoom out far enough the outline goes away.

Edited by arwasairl
  • Like 1

Yep I've seen that too! I figure that at some point that will be dealt with by a point release of hopefully a HF sooner rather than later. Its one of the more jarring visual anomalies in the sim. However all things considered I live with it in place off unbelievable performance improvements and not a single scenery loading pause so far.

yep..thats more extreme than ive noticed,but yes even the default Commander does that in the "grey and raining" (or whatever its called) weather theme.

It's a known issue. They shipped it anyway because, "Meh." Why not. 

17 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

It's a known issue. They shipped it anyway because, "Meh." Why not. 

You really do have an agenda don't you? Every thread.....lol

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

5 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I just crashed into an invisible wall of terrain after a couple hours of flying tonight, which is apparently another bug in V5. So yeah, I guess I'm a little salty.

That occurs when using Truesky and a high zoom. They have some refining to do, thats for sure. 

• Like 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

3 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I don't have an agenda and I don't find the meh, indifference, offensive in any way.  That effect is simply terrible, and there are now a list of things that quit frankly I find to be very annoying considering how far this sim has come, its a fair question as to why would they distribute this as a new version, when its got so many issues that need to be corrected and as well why not work with commercial developers before a release to ensure they have the time to make say, new installers, fix issues of compatibility and more.  As a life long simmer from versions from the 1980s till now, I for one a quite tired of this endless and ongoing chasing of "new versions" and then spending endless hours and days trying to get this that or the other thing working.

This version is not a new release candidate in my view....they should have taken more time to do it right.

• Like 2

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

7 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I don't have an agenda and I don't find the meh, indifference, offensive in any way.  That effect is simply terrible, and there are now a list of things that quit frankly I find to be very annoying considering how far this sim has come, its a fair question as to why would they distribute this as a new version, when its got so many issues that need to be corrected and as well why not work with commercial developers before a release to ensure they have the time to make say, new installers, fix issues of compatibility and more.  As a life long simmer from versions from the 1980s till now, I for one a quite tired of this endless and ongoing chasing of "new versions" and then spending endless hours and days trying to get this that or the other thing working.

This version is not a new release candidate in my view....they should have taken more time to do it right.

Are the same person I quoted? Did you change your screen name? 

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Are the same person I quoted? Did you change your screen name? 

Dear person, I am an original AVSIM signee.  Back when it was fledgling.  I don't play those games. You seem to be, dare I say, "agenda" oriented.  I knew "Tom" the founder personally.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

10 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Dear person, I am an original AVSIM signee.  Back when it was fledgling.  I don't play those games. You seem to be, dare I say, "agenda" oriented.  I knew "Tom" the founder personally.

I'm confused....I never quoted a post from you. I don't know why you quoted a post that I made to someone else and then answered it as if I was talking to you. 

What games are you talking about?

Matt kubanda

Yeah, the atmospherics are labelled as 'beta', so expect issues.