Sign in to follow this  
mslim

Radar Contact keeps looking for FSUIPC4

I'm running P3D V4.5 on 64bit Win7 Pro. I downloaded rcv43-07-08-01 and seemingly installed it to C:\Program Files (x86)\rcv4. I selected FSX full since there's no P3D choice.

After the files are installed I get the following error message:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.152

Looking in registry for FSX install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
SetupPath="C:\GAMES\steamapps\common\FSX"
Checking version of FSX.EXE:
Couldn't obtain Version Info! Asking user to find FSX.EXE ...

It kept looking for FSUIPC4. I have the free version of FSUIPC6 installed in my P3D modules folder. Since it was looking for FSX.EXE, I try to point it to Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4/Prepar3D.exe but that doesn't seem to work.

How do I work around this glitch?

With P3Dv4 the FSUIPC4 install won't do you any good anyway. 

If you have FSUIPCv5 or v6 installed (FSUIPCx.dll located in the Modules folder and with the appropriate dll.xml entry to run it) Radar Contact will work fine.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

It is better not to install RC4 to Program Files. Rather just install it to C:\RC4 (or whatever drive you want).

This will avoid any Windows protection errors.

My RC4 worked fine when I pointed it to P3D v4.exe.

Make sure you are running as Admin even with UAC disabled.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

On 4/21/2020 at 6:28 AM, IanHarrison said:

It is better not to install RC4 to Program Files. Rather just install it to C:\RC4 (or whatever drive you want).

This will avoid any Windows protection errors.

My RC4 worked fine when I pointed it to P3D v4.exe.

Make sure you are running as Admin even with UAC disabled.

Was that at the start or near the end?

I had two times it asked me for FSX folder, twice I pointed it to P3D one then it carried on, until the end it said cannot locate FSX.exe and wanted me to point to it. Of course if I go to the P3D folder, the P3D v4.exe doesn't appear as it doesn't want that, so I made a text file called fsx.exe as I've heard that works, so tried that but as it's a text it doesn't appear in the P3D folder in the search bit, so I manually type FSX.exe and says it doesn't exist.

I tried cancel to overwrite it, but that hasn't worked. I've uninstalled it so I can try again with any other ideas, I did run as admin as well. On Windows 10, and installed it to C drive as C:/RC4. Might try it on the D drive next, where my P3D folders are, but I'm wondering how to get round the end of the installation when it wants FSX.exe, how did you get it to point to P3D v4.exe?

James,

Sorry you are battling!

I have just downloaded and set up RC4 (but not bothered with a code).

Do the following

Download and extract

Run as admin

Next

Accept

Next

Set path

Choose Full FSX as install option

Next 

Next

Install

Now come the Gymnastics

Asks where is FSX

Browse to your P3D folder it will say no FSX.exe there.

CANCEL

installation will continue, it will install all the voices

when done

Go to the new folder containing RC4

Set RC4.exe properties as run as admin

OK

Cancel the installer window 

Go to the new RC4.exe and double click.

It will now open.

Get your code from the generator and enter

Finish the installation by entering the various paths it requires.

GOOD LUCK

Ian

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

11 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

James,

Sorry you are battling!

Do the following

Download and extract

Run as admin

Next

Accept

Next

Set path

Next 

Next

Install

Now come the Gymnastics

Asks where is FSX

CANCEL

when done

OK

It will now open.

GOOD LUCK

Ian

Thank you Ian for you time in explaining the installation, most appreciated! I am getting there, the first bit, don't worry I got that done OK, it's the second half I'm having problems with, I'll go through those instructions to explain:

I can't set this it the right click/properies menu, I have windows 10 Pro, these seem to be different to Win 7 from what I remember it, but I can right click and choose the 'Run As Admin' option which I use everytime I open the program.

OK

Now, if I choose run as admin, I get the Radar Contact v4.3 load screen, and am asked for a key. I don't get an installer window, am I supposed to get one? The only installer I had was the initial one in the first part where it asks for the FSX Folder and FSX EXE and pressed Cancel.

If I click the 'X' to close the registration box, it closes the lot down. If I re-start RC v4.3 I don't get and installer, I get the same registration box.

It will now open.

The RC4.exe is the same one, I don't get another .exe created, is there a new one that the installer I don't see generates? I already generated a key on the previous step as it was the only way to get past the registration box

Does it ask for paths? If so I'm not getting it, and there are no menu's I see that require different paths. I tried 'Rebuild Scenery DB' as I assume that's one, and it asks me is it a WideFS config (I select no), then it asks for the FS Path, the field is blank so I fill in D:/Program Files/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4

The Makerwys.exe returns as 0 files, failing to make CSV and RWS files, and immediately tells me it's done creating a r4.csv and a4.csv files.
That's it. I also have the Makerwys.exe in the P3D folder, and I ran this in the folder as well but it still won't create anything, and I ran it as admin.

With no other path's to set that I could find, I tried to load a .pln to see what would happen. I've tried a couple of different IFR .plns I have in there, and there's a few, but all I get is a Run Time Error 713:

Class not registered
You need the following file to be installed on your machine
MSSTDFMT.dll

With my installation not quite matching up to the install instructions I feel there's something missing or something it's not doing? I have uninstalled and re-installed but getting the exact same results as above. I have kept the extracted installer ready to try again with a different approach!

Is there something I have not done perhaps?

Any further help is most appreciated Ian!

Posted 7 hours ago

19 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

James,

Sorry you are battling!

Do the following

Download and extract

Run as admin

Next

Accept

Next

Set path

Next 

Next

Install

Now come the Gymnastics

Asks where is FSX

CANCEL

when done

OK

It will now open.

GOOD LUCK

Ian

Thank you Ian for you time in explaining the installation, most appreciated! I am getting there, the first bit, don't worry I got that done OK, it's the second half I'm having problems with, I'll go through those instructions to explain:

I can't set this it the right click/properies menu, I have windows 10 Pro, these seem to be different to Win 7 from what I remember it, but I can right click and choose the 'Run As Admin' option which I use everytime I open the program.

I have W10 home and properties is on the right click menu. However run as admin will work, although a bit of a drag.

From what you are explaining, you already have RC installed, otherwise it would not ask for a key.

On the opening screen there is a button is FLT/WX path. You need to point it to where your plans are kept. (Mine is in Documents FSX files, but you can name it anything)

After saying No to wideFS, your slashes are the wrong way, BTW P3D should NOT BE in Program Files, it should be in its own directory e.g. F:\Prepare3d v4. Slashes go backwards.

It seems you put yours in facing forwards.Then of course it won't work.

If you have makerwys in your P3D folder it will now work.

Runtime error. You will find where to get that file and what to do in this forum just search for MSSTDFMT.dll

You are almost there...........

Ian

7 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

It seems you put yours in facing forwards.Then of course it won't work.

If you have makerwys in your P3D folder it will now work.

Runtime error. You will find where to get that file and what to do in this forum just search for MSSTDFMT.dll

You are almost there...........

Ian

Hello Ian,

Of course I have the / the wrong way! 🤦‍♂️ I should have noticed that sorry

I got the MSSTDFMT file, and I entered the path with the slashes to the right way round '\' and I ran the DB Rebuild, this time it didn't say 0 runway's found, it went straight to creating r4.csv and a4.csv files complete instead. I copied the Makerwys.exe to the main P3D folder and ran it there (as admin) and something popped up for under half a second (literally lightning fast!) and that was it. Ok so I ran the DB database and did the same thing, it said it will run makerwys.exe, I click ok and then a second later it had done the r4 and a4.csv files.

It seems way too quick to have gone through all the runways, but I managed to load a EGLC - EGJB flightplan, loaded up P3D at EGLC and got the Radar Contact to give me a weather report and clearance, so that's a sign it's working!!

It tells me Runway 28 is in use...so the makerwys hasn't worked, as it's 09/27 at EGLC. I deleted the makerwys from P3D and copy/pasted it again from the rc4 folder, and tried the process again. This time I opened up RC4, loaded the flightplan, and pressed controller info, at least I could see the runways here. EGLC is still showing runway 10/28, so still isn't aligned properly.

Still we have gone from almost there to REALLY, REALLY close and just about set up!

Thanks very much for you help and time Ian it really is most appreciated! 

James.

Makerwys (RC4 rebuild scenery database) needs to know where your simulator is.

Keep Makerwys in the RC4 folder ( it won't do any harm to have a copy in P3D folder as well.

You have to enter the full path. What I used to do until I was sure, was to go to the P3D or FSX folder with File Explorer . Then while that was on the screen, enter those details in the RC4 box.

Then you cannot make a mistake. The main reason for not working correctly is entering the info incorrectly.

It should look something like F:\Prepar3d v4. The details have to match EXACTLY what the location is on your PC, including spaces.

When it runs you will see it doing its job. It should end up with anywhere from 25 - 60 thousand runways.

I'm sure you have just slipped up. 

Ian

Hello Ian,

Yes I have done that, copied and pasted the exact path directory, and it's still not running the file, it still appears in the taskbar for a nano second, literally, and that's it, nothing.

I have it in both the P3D folder and the rc4x folder, and have ran it in the P3D folder as well but still doesn't run, I have noticed though it's a Windows Batch File, not an exe application file, is that right?

I have done a flight with this, it recognises at Guernsey runways 09/27 at least, just have to put up with 10/28 at City but that's no issues as it still works at least! 🙂 

Can you post a screen shot of the RC4 screen where you enter the folder details when you run the Rebuild scenery db update ( it says Enter the path where FS is located, with the path entered) and a shot of the directory listing showing the P3D file.

If they are correct it must work.

It should run from the bat file. Mine does. Open the bat (right click and edit) and post the contents of that as well.

I am determined to sort this out.

Ian,

So am I! So close it's fully running just needs this doing to it!

Tell you what, when I get a moment I'll install FRAPS, I bought this some time ago, and then I'll record running the Rebuild DB so you can see what I mean on what happens, I'll provide a screenshot for the bat file as requested as well

Thank you,

James.

20 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Can you post a screen shot of the RC4 screen where you enter the folder details when you run the Rebuild scenery db update ( it says Enter the path where FS is located, with the path entered) and a shot of the directory listing showing the P3D file.

If they are correct it must work.

It should run from the bat file. Mine does. Open the bat (right click and edit) and post the contents of that as well.

I am determined to sort this out.

Ian,

Below is a video of me opening RC4, running the Rebuild DB, and then after trying to run it in the Prepar3D folder, where nothing happens.

I did right click/Edit the makerwys batch file, I would provide a screenshot but it's short so I copied the text and is, in full, in the below quote box

del .\data\a4.csv
😧
cd "D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4"
makerwys.exe
copy r5.csv "D:\rcv4x\data\r4.csv"

Is that the problem? The Makerwys I have is "makerwys.bat" and it's looking for "makerwys.exe", which I don't seem to have.

I hope the above is useful for investigating, maybe we are getting closer!

James.

James,

You need to put makerwys.exe in the main P3D folder where makerwys.bat currently is, so they are both there. Maybe that wasn't clear - sorry.😒

You have rightly seen that it expects to find the exe file and can't!

That is the reason it doesn't run.

BTW I see that you do have properties listed in the options (0.11 secs into the video) when you clicked RC4. This is where you set  run as admin, under compatibility.

Then it stays that way for ever.

Next message I am expecting to see - SUCCESS.

Next message I am expecting to see - SUCCESS.

Yes!! 😄

It's running through it! I found makerwys.exe online, downloaded that, put it into the P2D folder, and it works! London City now shows up as 09/27

Also set the Run as Admin in the Compatibility section, thank you for that!

All good can now do some tweaks and get the voice packs, thanks very much Ian for your time we got there in the end!

Most appreciated!

James.