Sign in to follow this  
pgde

P3D V5?

Will this be updated for V5?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

On 4/30/2020 at 12:36 AM, Keven Menard said:

Pitty really...

I considered it a "must have" in my sims.

Much like A2A have their specific accu-sim aircraft,  42 has immersions for specific aircraft.

And A2A has Accu-Feel for everything else, as 42 had PrecipitFX for everything else.

PrecipitFX and Accu-Feel are two addons you kind of don't know they are doing anything until you don't have them.

That's when you abruptly notice they are not there.

rip...

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

We're working on a successor to PrecipitFX.

What did you love about it?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

Hey thanks for the reply and great to hear PrecipitFX will likely have a successor 🙂

I particuarly liked the wheel based effects, touchdown, braking etc.

The engine washes were also pretty good too.

And the rain/snow (which I tweaked a bit).

Perhaps if there was anything I wasn't that keen on it would only be the wingtip vortices, I thought the circular look of them was a bit on the naffy side.

Otherwise the immerson factor was a great improvement overall. One of those addins you take for granted until you don't have it.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

On 5/31/2020 at 1:47 AM, Keven Menard said:

Wingtip vortices are great. if you're working on a new product, i would suggest making a custom wing condensation feature that would be editable just like gsx' door assignments, its a big feature but i would love to see it

• Like 1

Hi Kevin,

On 6/9/2020 at 1:25 PM, sem said:

Wingtip vortices are great. if you're working on a new product, i would suggest making a custom wing condensation feature that would be editable just like gsx' door assignments, its a big feature but i would love to see it

I 2nd that! Wing/engine condensation would be a nice feature.

Engine and APU blur also would be worthwhile

Regards
Mark

PS I came to this forum looking to get an update on PreciptFX for P3Dv5 only to find you are discontinuing it and will no longer be supported in older P3D versions later this year. I would certainly consider purchasing for something equivalent to your original product for v5. would like to hear more of what you have planned.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!