Sign in to follow this  
planenut

Strange FPS Behavior

Since getting V5 I have been getting pretty good frame rates even though my system is getting a little long in the tooth.  In my startup scenario which is using the default Carenado AC11 Commander 114 parked at KTCM cold and dark.  My frames ran about 47 fps or there about.  Now all a sudden my frames are about 29 fps.   Don't know what had caused this decrease.  The strange thing is it doesn't matter where my sliders are.  I can have them all to the left or all to the right but the frame rate doesn't change.  Even in flight.  They may drop down to from 22 to 29 and it doesn't matter where I set the Target frame rate.  It can be set anywhere up to Unlimited with no effect.  Doesn't matter what plane I fly either.  Fps stay about the same.  

Need some ideas on this one.  Thanks.

Jim

My system:  Win 10,64,  I7 6800k 3.40hz, GTX 1080

5 hours ago, planenut said:

Since getting V5 I have been getting pretty good frame rates even though my system is getting a little long in the tooth.  In my startup scenario which is using the default Carenado AC11 Commander 114 parked at KTCM cold and dark.  My frames ran about 47 fps or there about.  Now all a sudden my frames are about 29 fps.   Don't know what had caused this decrease.  The strange thing is it doesn't matter where my sliders are.  I can have them all to the left or all to the right but the frame rate doesn't change.  Even in flight.  They may drop down to from 22 to 29 and it doesn't matter where I set the Target frame rate.  It can be set anywhere up to Unlimited with no effect.  Doesn't matter what plane I fly either.  Fps stay about the same.  

Need some ideas on this one.  Thanks.

Jim

My system:  Win 10,64,  I7 6800k 3.40hz, GTX 1080

Similar happened to me but only after I had installed the hotfix. Had you changed anything or did it just happen?

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

The only thing I changed was to activate SimLink.  Not really sure if this problem started before or after .  Deleted SimLink but the problem remains.  What is so strange is that the sliders don't affect the fps at all even though I can see things change in the sim.   If I change the fps setting to less than the 29 fps, say 15, that's what is shown.  Just can't get the fps above 29.

Jim

Did you activate VSYNC somewhere? Either in the sim or in the driver menue?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i7-8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Prepar3D 4.5

Got it fixed.  VSYNC was off in both in the sim and in the NVIDIA Control Panel so that wasn't the problem.  I just went on and hit the Restore button on the NCP and that fixed it.  FPS is now up in the 40's where it was originally.   Not sure which setting was causing the problem. Anyhow all is well now.

Jim

2 minutes ago, planenut said:

Got it fixed.  VSYNC was off in both in the sim and in the NVIDIA Control Panel so that wasn't the problem.  I just went on and hit the Restore button on the NCP and that fixed it.  FPS is now up in the 40's where it was originally.   Not sure which setting was causing the problem. Anyhow all is well now.

Jim

Are you sure you did not limit fps to 29 in NCP as a "test".. 🙂

Bert

It's possible I did that Bert.  Can't remember what it was set at while troubleshooting but it was a low number.  I did set it to 100 but nothing changed.  Was still getting 29 fps.  Hitting Restore fixed it.

Jim