Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

P3D v5 add ons

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I upgraded to a Titan X Pascal with 12gigs of VRAM. I'm also adding another 16 gis of system ram this week.

I can't wait to see how P3D v5.1 performs with my new rig. 😀

I use a 2080ti and can max pretty much all the pretty eye candy features including the new sky with little FPS impact. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 7:10 AM, benwbriscoe said:

Hi everyone,

I'm returning to simming after a very long time away!

I'm tempted to get the P3D v5 but I'm curious to know what add ons (mostly commercial aircraft and scenery) are currently compatible?

Many thanks,

Ben

Ben.

If you have at least a gtx 1070 then get p3D v5, ORBX FTXG + LC, ASP3D, and depending on the airplanes you want to fly, there are some beautiful A2A airplanes, PMDG, QW 787, or the amazing MD80 just updated to P3D v5.

There are also many excellent airports by ORBX, Flytampa, FSDT, & Flightbean available for P3D v5. 

That should keep you busy for the rest of the year.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I would hold off until MSFS 2020 is released. Why waste money on a simulator platform that might be dead in a year?

Can you please stop trolling? The OP wants to get back into flight simming and you're sabotaging his efforts.

• Like 4

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

45 minutes ago, micstatic said:

spent many years on that sim.  But I wouldn't recommend people stay in the past and have to deal with OOM issues.  

at the moment, P3D v5 has found a way to return to those halcyon times.🙂

3 minutes ago, Reader said:

at the moment, P3D v5 has found a way to return to those halcyon times.🙂

Let us talk about "DX12 has found a way to return some responsability back to the user in exchange for more performance". That explains it better.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png