Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

P3D v5 add ons

Hi everyone,

I'm returning to simming after a very long time away!

I'm tempted to get the P3D v5 but I'm curious to know what add ons (mostly commercial aircraft and scenery) are currently compatible?

Many thanks,

Ben

Google is very good. 

https://fselite.net/prepar3d-v5-compatibility/

Cheers,

Bully.

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Fantastic, thanks.

It's a shame there aren't more commercial aircraft upgraded...do you know who is expected to be upgraded first?

38 minutes ago, benwbriscoe said:

Fantastic, thanks.

It's a shame there aren't more commercial aircraft upgraded...do you know who is expected to be upgraded first?

Despite it not technically compatible I do have the pmdg aircraft installed and working in v5

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 hours ago, benwbriscoe said:

I'm tempted 

Resist the temptation of buying a yet to be finished beta-product that has steep hardware requirements and buy the previous stable version: tons of working addons, and a smooth experience. Wait for an ORBX sale and you got yourself a simulator that doesn'b beat you up all the time like the school bully during recess. 

30 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Resist the temptation of buying a yet to be finished beta-product that has steep hardware requirements and buy the previous stable version: tons of working addons, and a smooth experience. Wait for an ORBX sale and you got yourself a simulator that doesn'b beat you up all the time like the school bully during recess. 

Is v5 still in beta? Is it not fully workable yet?

Once I've bought v4.5, is there an option to uprade?

Read all the threads about P3Dv5, make up your own mind, consider your hardware, and, no, there is no "upgrade".

Edited by Ricardo41

Just now, Ricardo41 said:

Read all the threads about P3Dv5, and, no, there is no "upgrade".

Apologies, I'm new so just trying to get my head around whether to hold off for MSFS or go for P3Dv4 or v5

Go for V5 - it has a few issues which are being worked out. Since there is no upgrade path, why waste the funds? As far as MSFS2020 goes - it's still an unknown until it is finalized and that may be in 2020 and maybe not - they're aiming for 2020 but stuff happens.

If you want to fly now - v5 is the way to go.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have a fairly stable install of P3D v5. Maybe because I haven't installed too many add-ons yet. Especially no add-ons which can cause trouble due to the fact they are not official V5 compatible.
Comes the fact that people who have unstable installs shout louder than people who have no problems as is with all pros and cons.

V5 is the way to go should you choose an ESP simulator. V4's attention will decrease as V5 matures.

• Upvote 1

I would hold off until MSFS 2020 is released. Why waste money on a simulator platform that might be dead in a year?

3 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I would hold off until MSFS 2020 is released. Why waste money on a simulator platform that might be dead in a year?

Dead in a year? I mean I’ve heard of pessimism, but that’s a ridiculous thing to say. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Informative and helpful post 🙁

Yes, and we will all live happily ever after

Edited by Steve_Ellis

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

19 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

LM are not short of money and don't need a revenue stream like MS do, or the higher ups will pull the product AGAIN, don't forget MS were going round in 2009 offering the code for anyone who wanted to develop on it one company took them up LM for a tool to compliment the product`s they produce, and when it comes to wanting to make money MS are there and they could make MSFS a marketing tool for BING for company's to use including LM if interested.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg