Sign in to follow this  
Sonne

How to interact with 2D-Panels in VR?

Hello.

I seem to be unable to interact with 2D-Panels in VR ( P3D v4.5 / Oculus Rift S ).

When using the PMDG 747 and opening the FS2Crew Window, I cannot interact with the FS2Crew 2D-Panel. I can display the panel, but there‘s obviously no way to interact with it ( e.g. to click on the SEC Button to open the SEC-Panel ).

The FS2Crew 2D-Panel is displayed in the Windshield and I cannot move or resize it from this position. No interaction at all possible... So, to alter settings for FS2Crew ( e.g. the Approach-Setup ), I have to exit VR to setup FS2Crew, which is a bit of a showstopper for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Toto

Posted (edited)

Following this, its a big immersion killer same issue with V5, ill be interested how you can do this also. Maybe with flyinside app, thinks its already out for 4.5 and will be coming for 5 also,vr is the bomb so realistic its made me come out of an 11 year hiatus, flight booked this weekend to get back in the saddle in a bug smasher lol

Edited by suchw

Wayne such

Flyinside is the way to go. I use it for p3d4.5. It is not out yet for 5.0. I purchased 5.0 but waiting for flyinside to be released before I install it. You can also display charts floating outside the cockpit window, and even manuals for the aircraft as you sit in the cockpit in vr.

Daniel Rosso: ATP Single and Multi-Engine: B757 B767 BAE-ATP DA-50 DA-20 CE-650 CE-560-XL CE-525S DO-228: Flight Instructor Single and Multiengine Airplane Gold Seal:  Ground Instructor Advanced and Instrument: Remote Pilot SUAS

You can configure the panel to be in a location that will be inside the cockpit and it will allow you to then interact with it.  This is a manual process (panel config edit).  There is a thread on these forums that describes how to do this (think a ATC VR search might pop it up).   Once set up the window will always pop up at that location.  Important consideration is I find under most circumstances the window can not be outside the windshield if you want to interact with it

6 hours ago, Sonne said:

Hello.

I seem to be unable to interact with 2D-Panels in VR ( P3D v4.5 / Oculus Rift S ).

When using the PMDG 747 and opening the FS2Crew Window, I cannot interact with the FS2Crew 2D-Panel. I can display the panel, but there‘s obviously no way to interact with it ( e.g. to click on the SEC Button to open the SEC-Panel ).

The FS2Crew 2D-Panel is displayed in the Windshield and I cannot move or resize it from this position. No interaction at all possible... So, to alter settings for FS2Crew ( e.g. the Approach-Setup ), I have to exit VR to setup FS2Crew, which is a bit of a showstopper for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Toto

Thats weird, I can use any 2D window without any problems just using the mouse as I would do when not in VR.

I can drag resize and interact with FS2Crew in VR using the mouse pointer, I have not setup any hand controller. I'm using WMR however...

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - GTX 1080  -1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W - Corsair HXi Platinum Series - ASUS Xonar DGX - Corsair H150i Pro RGB - Samsung Odyssey Plus

I know this is a late post but I hope none will mind:

I've tried many different setups with VR - and the absolute best by far is to use native P3D VR (single pass if you can) and pair it with SteamVR & OVR Toolkit. With OVR you can drag in any external window, place it where you want it and then set it to hide when you aren't looking at it, each window is controllable using a VR controller and feels really quite natural. I usually have navigraph and a PDF reader open during a flight.

2D gauge/simconnect windows open and are moveable around the screen using keyboard controls, and while it sounds cumbersome it's easy to do once you try it a few times.

Flyinside is a dead product and there appears to be no appetite from the developer to ever update it.

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg