Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
robert_bur

P3Dv5 Time Zone

Recommended Posts

Hello @everyone, 

I was testing during these days version 5 of P3D, everything was good. However, the only thing I missed from the v4 is the problem with the UTC Time during long flights that the time zone doesn't change. Does anyone know any addon for P3Dv5 for solve this problem? I know the FSX Real Time, but for the moment is not working at version 5 of LM.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Share this post


Link to post

Hi...

I use Fsx Real Time v 1.99 build 19531.5629 without problem.... Other option available is FlyCrhono (https://flyapps.weebly.com/flychrono.html). The latter I have not used yet, but I have read comments from other people who do use it without problems.

Happy flight

Share this post


Link to post

From what I hear - it is fixed in v5.  

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

From what I hear - it is fixed in v5.  

Not entirely true. In Indiana (my home) sunrise and sunset times are an hour off during Standard Time (winter) and correct during Daylight Savings Time. A year after FSX was released most counties in Indiana switched to DST. And so every P3D release since carried over the same time zone files without updating them to current time zones.

SimElite Solutions is soon to release a new Time Zone Fixer for P3Dv5.

Spoiler

Standard time. Incorrect dawn & dusk times.

M9EIki4.png
ouXcnIW.png

 

Daylight Savings Time. Correct times.

VqJm8Pc.png
LFFMRkt.png

 

 

 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

Not entirely true. In Indiana (my home) sunrise and sunset times are an hour off during Standard Time (winter) and correct during Daylight Savings Time. A year after FSX was released most counties in Indiana switched to DST. And so every P3D release since carried over the same time zone files without updating them to current time zones.

SimElite Solutions is soon to release a new Time Zone Fixer for P3Dv5.

Thanks for sharing the info

Share this post


Link to post

 

10 hours ago, yvjjflores said:

Hi...

I use Fsx Real Time v 1.99 build 19531.5629 without problem.... Other option available is FlyCrhono (https://flyapps.weebly.com/flychrono.html). The latter I have not used yet, but I have read comments from other people who do use it without problems.

Happy flight

Thanks, I'll try to make a flight today, let's see how it works with FlyChrone, because for me the lastest version of RealTime doesn't work. 😞

 

For the rest, thanks for the info 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, robert_bur said:

 

Thanks, I'll try to make a flight today, let's see how it works with FlyChrone, because for me the lastest version of RealTime doesn't work. 😞

 

For the rest, thanks for the info 😉 

Well ... please tell us about your Flychrone experience later.. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, robert_bur said:

 

Thanks, I'll try to make a flight today, let's see how it works with FlyChrone, because for me the lastest version of RealTime doesn't work. 😞

 

For the rest, thanks for the info 😉 

Funny that you said that...I always used in v4 and once I launched with V5....what happened it started syncing time but I never paid any attention if actually changes. It connects to FSUIPC on V5 obviously....I never tested FlyCrono on V5....


Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I truly wish LM would fix all these things.  It totally sucks to use addons to fix default sim issues.  Getting exhausting for putting all these bandages on the sim.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/29/2020 at 2:36 PM, yvjjflores said:

Well ... please tell us about your Flychrone experience later.. 😉

After several long haul flights (10) also flying in different time zones , I can said that FlyChrone is working as you said. Any problems, the hours changes was perfect managed by the system, so I'll stay with this software for the time sync.

Thanks so much for your support. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/29/2020 at 3:47 PM, cyyzrwy24 said:

Funny that you said that...I always used in v4 and once I launched with V5....what happened it started syncing time but I never paid any attention if actually changes. It connects to FSUIPC on V5 obviously....I never tested FlyCrono on V5....

Must be the difference between FSUIPC5 to FSUIPC6, because for me is not working. However, with FlyChroneis working as FSRealTime. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, robert_bur said:

Must be the difference between FSUIPC5 to FSUIPC6, because for me is not working. However, with FlyChroneis working as FSRealTime. 

I forgot on this post.....Anyway, Today at 1100 EST I parked at OMDB, obviously I used system time. But I launched FSTime and updated and time changed?!. So I guess it works...I think...so not sure what to tell you.


Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,100.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...