Sign in to follow this  
blazer05

FO and startup timing issue

Flying the PMDG 737NGXu and during pushback (using UGCX) I asked the FO to start engine 2 - He immediately said "Oil pressure" then "Starter Cutout" then "Engine Stable".  N2 is not even to 10 % and he has said everything he normally says during the start up process.  This happened twice.

Then during the start of engine 1 - same issue with the timing of his comments but the start up stops due to lack of air pressure.

The APU was turned off (when this happened I am not sure) so I was faced with either a cross bleed start (which I have never done) or a restart of the APU.

Any ideas?

Franklin Duncan

1 hour ago, blazer05 said:

Flying the PMDG 737NGXu and during pushback (using UGCX) I asked the FO to start engine 2 - He immediately said "Oil pressure" then "Starter Cutout" then "Engine Stable".  N2 is not even to 10 % and he has said everything he normally says during the start up process.  This happened twice.

Then during the start of engine 1 - same issue with the timing of his comments but the start up stops due to lack of air pressure.

The APU was turned off (when this happened I am not sure) so I was faced with either a cross bleed start (which I have never done) or a restart of the APU.

Any ideas?

Question: During engine start, the FO says "STARTER CUTOUT" way too soon and starts his after engine start procedure before I even started the engines.

Answer: You have a button or hardware lever assigned to the FS "MIXTURE CONTROL" command/event.  Delete that.  FS2Crew reads the position of MIXTURE CONTROL to determine the position of the Start Levers.

Cheers,

I have the FS2Crew Button Control  for the PMDG 737NGXu and have never had the issues reported. All done as per SOPs for me.

Bryan,

You were right.  I had reinstalled FSUIPC and forgot to make the axis assignments specific for GA aircraft -which need mixture control and jets - which do not.

Changing the NGXu to a profile specific without mixture control solved the problem.

Franklin Duncan

Franklin Duncan

Of all the addons I own - you are among the top 2-3 in support.  You very well could be # 1.

Thanks for all you help with the many questions I have asked about FS2Crew and UGCX.

Franklin Duncan

Franklin Duncan