Noticed that in the real world, the 250 kt speed restriction ceiling has now changed from 10000 ft down to 5000 ft. Is there any way to apply this to the sim?
And can this be done in P3D and X-Plane when I get them?

Also, I've browsed through old threads on how to edit FX files for different lighting effects, BUT i still can't figure out how to successfully get the specific SWA style LED wigwag landing light effect (left on/right off,right on/left off, repeat) I've tried doing it as recognition lights but didn't notice any difference... anyone figure out how?

IT depends upon whether or not you're running an ATC add-on which is bothered about speed restrictions. If not, then dial up 300 knots on the autothrottle when passing 5000.. Or hand fly it.

Regarding wigwag landing lights - I don't believe you can do it via the cfg file yourself in FSX

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?256801-Alternating-landing-lights-effect

It needs to be built into the compiled model by the developer.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

If you Google search Pulse Lights in FSX you will find a few different topics on that subject.  There are a few payware aircraft that have that option.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

ah ok pulse lights! this whole time i thought they were something completely different ... 😛  i was figuring that the flyables would need the full effect to be modeled, BUT what I'm trying to do is add a simple *.fx to AI traffic for virtual spotting purposes. No ground interaction needed since i have things like ground shadows turned off to get higher traffic levels... 

On 6/11/2020 at 7:39 PM, Citrus1494 said:

Noticed that in the real world, the 250 kt speed restriction ceiling has now changed from 10000 ft down to 5000 ft. Is there any way to apply this to the sim?
And can this be done in P3D and X-Plane when I get them?

Also, I've browsed through old threads on how to edit FX files for different lighting effects, BUT i still can't figure out how to successfully get the specific SWA style LED wigwag landing light effect (left on/right off,right on/left off, repeat) I've tried doing it as recognition lights but didn't notice any difference... anyone figure out how?

Slightly off topic, but where does it say the 250 KIAS speed restriction is now for 5,000 feet or below?  I'm curious because the most current FAA rules I could find still says 10,000 feet.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

I couldn't find anything either. The closest I could get was this:

Note: The 250 kias below 10,000 feet msl speed restriction does not apply to aircraft operating beyond 12 nm from the coastline of the United States. However, one must consider the potentially catastrophic damage from a high-speed bird strike.

Quoted from Flying magazine, taken from 

Speed Limit in Class B Airspace:

(FAR 91.1, 91.117, 91.703, AIM 4-4-12)

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I constantly monitor ADSB/TISB/MLAT, and everything I look at here in Florida has been doing faster than 250 without reduction until they get to 5000, even the VFR's if capable. The ATC doesn't complain about over-speeds either... I suppose it could of been covid related with the reduced traffic, but even today they're still zooming through...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Citrus1494 said:

I constantly monitor ADSB/TISB/MLAT, and everything I look at here in Florida has been doing faster than 250 without reduction until they get to 5000, even the VFR's if capable. The ATC doesn't complain about over-speeds either... I suppose it could of been covid related with the reduced traffic, but even today they're still zooming through...

That makes sense now!  The ATC can inform the aircraft of no speed restriction for the takeoff climb if the controller feels the low traffic density will not necessitate such a traffic safety measure.  Sounds like they get approved once the aircraft hits 5,000 feet.

• Like 2

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors