Sign in to follow this  
kaha

Best KLAX for V5?

Or is FSDT really the only one? Does FSDT KLAX behave in V5? (I've got Vancouver, that's ok).

Thx,

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Yes FSDT is the only one.  It's not bad.  It certainly could use a renovation, but I like it.  

• Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I'm not a fan of FSDT. I would kill for it to be developed by someone...I wish Imaginesim didn't can it. There is another one developed by BluePrint but it's also not the best quality however I think it's more accurate than FSDT. 

Hopefully FSDT do a refresh in line with the quality of KORD...otherwise the default one on FS2020 looks fantastic. 

30 minutes ago, DMojo said:

I'm not a fan of FSDT. I would kill for it to be developed by someone...

Hopefully FSDT do a refresh in line with the quality of KORD...

Those sentences seems to counterdict a bit, didn't they ? KLAX was made in 2011, and it's still holds on its own 9 years later. That should tell something about FSDT...

otherwise the default one on FS2020 looks fantastic. 

Well, the OP asked for a version that works in P3D V5, so I doubt he'll be able to do much with the MS2020 version now.

The obvious reasons why we haven't remade KLAX *JUST YET* are:

- MS2020 is coming, and we want to first see how the final, released, version of default KLAX will look like before deciding anything.

- KLAX will undergo a huge mult-year renovation, with some steps completed in 2023 and should (hopefully) completed by 2028. Nobody knows right now how and when future versions of MS2020 will be released but, surely, there will be a need for an updated KLAX in the next years, and it might not be very smart working on it now.

That's why we are redoing PHNL first.

But we also kept KLAX upgraded with free upgrades, like SODE jetways and a very complete GSX profile with custom pushback routes and custom vehicle placement everywhere.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DMojo said:

...otherwise the default one on FS2020 looks fantastic. 

Yes, people say that Microsoft will give away a new flight simulator almost for free, including the whole world in ortho, payware quality airports and airplanes.

As I don't believe that I will further invest in P3D.

Karl

• Upvote 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

On 6/15/2020 at 6:15 PM, virtuali said:

Those sentences seems to counterdict a bit, didn't they ? KLAX was made in 2011, and it's still holds on its own 9 years later. That should tell something about FSDT...

Well, the OP asked for a version that works in P3D V5, so I doubt he'll be able to do much with the MS2020 version now.

The obvious reasons why we haven't remade KLAX *JUST YET* are:

- MS2020 is coming, and we want to first see how the final, released, version of default KLAX will look like before deciding anything.

- KLAX will undergo a huge mult-year renovation, with some steps completed in 2023 and should (hopefully) completed by 2028. Nobody knows right now how and when future versions of MS2020 will be released but, surely, there will be a need for an updated KLAX in the next years, and it might not be very smart working on it now.

That's why we are redoing PHNL first.

But we also kept KLAX upgraded with free upgrades, like SODE jetways and a very complete GSX profile with custom pushback routes and custom vehicle placement everywhere.

Great to know there are plans to refresh KLAX at some point in the future. Thanks