Sign in to follow this  
Gearhead013

Best Gaming Computer for MS 2020

Just also read that the 20 series nvidia cards have ceased production. They must be about ready to start selling the 30 series. 

• Like 1

They have to tool the factory and produce enough for day one sales. Still months out, but it falls in line with later this year. 

I've read Sept release for the 3xxx cards. Good time to unload a 20xx series card seeing how they'll be a storage of cards, plenty of demand from for the crypto crowd.

Personally I'm going to build a new Ryzen 7 3800 PC now for MFS2020 but I'm going to re-use my current Nvidia 970 graphics card:

• Ryzen 7 3800X
  • 32GB RAM
  • Several SSD's
  • Nvidia 970 (my current graphics card)

The new 30XX Nvidia cards are coming later this year and I'm going to upgrade to one of those, so rather than buy a 20XX card now I'll just get by with my old 970 for a few months.

The new Ryzen chips coming soon will be better than the Ryzen 7 3800 I'm buying but I don't think my current i5-2500K system with 8GB RAM will be sufficient to run MFS2020, so I'm upgrading the meat of my PC now and the graphics card a tad later.

Edited by Mengy

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Just also read that the 20 series nvidia cards have ceased production. They must be about ready to start selling the 30 series. 

More like trying to create demand and prevent deep discounts to make the GeForce 30 series look better in comparison. They've really screwed up with their selection of node this time.

4 minutes ago, Mengy said:
  • Ryzen 7 3800X

Just go with the 3700X unless the price difference is extremely small, the minimal increase in performance (and disproportional increase in power consumption) is not really worth it. The 3700X can be found for as low as $260 nowadays. You can push the savings towards a better GPU.

10 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Just go with the 3700X unless the price difference is extremely small, the minimal increase in performance (and disproportional increase in power consumption) is not really worth it. The 3700X can be found for as low as $260 nowadays. You can push the savings towards a better GPU.

Huh, yeah looking at them the clock rates are really close, but the 3700X uses much less power to run (less heat).  Good suggestion, thanks!