Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
EmileB

Custom pushback route does not complete for 772

Recommended Posts

I just created a custom pushback route at Godzone's NZCH (P3DV4.5, latest version of UGCX).  The whole sequence runs fine, until pushback is complete and the parking brake set.  The ramp agent disconnects the towbar, the tug backs away  - and then the agent just stands there.  I end up having to kill the process, otherwise I'll run him over when I start taxiing.

I have defined a pushback point in the route.  But I wonder if maybe it is too close to the route's final waypoint ?  Reason : the problem occurs when I push back a 772, but not when I push back a 738 in which case the procedure completes fine.  Any hints appreciated.


Cheers,
Emile Bax.

ugcx_banner.png&key=01b5683e492e3b742827

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it's a known bug which I think they are working on ...happened to me a few times as well 

  • Like 1

ugcx_banner.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2020 at 5:21 PM, EmileB said:

I just created a custom pushback route at Godzone's NZCH (P3DV4.5, latest version of UGCX).  The whole sequence runs fine, until pushback is complete and the parking brake set.  The ramp agent disconnects the towbar, the tug backs away  - and then the agent just stands there.  I end up having to kill the process, otherwise I'll run him over when I start taxiing.

I have defined a pushback point in the route.  But I wonder if maybe it is too close to the route's final waypoint ?  Reason : the problem occurs when I push back a 772, but not when I push back a 738 in which case the procedure completes fine.  Any hints appreciated.

Does that happen every time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2020 at 2:15 PM, byork said:

Does that happen every time?

Yes, consistently.  And I have now found the same issue at another airport (NZAA gate 3, airport included in ORBX's New Zealand North Island) and that is not a custom pushback route.  At both locations, pushback with the PMDG 772 does not complete, but with the PMDG 738 it does.
And to add to the mystery : at NZAA gate 28, the PMDG 772 pushback sequence completes correctly (that's a gate at the domestic terminal, not used for widebodied aircraft IRL)...🤨

Edited by EmileB
Additional finding

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

ugcx_banner.png&key=01b5683e492e3b742827

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, byork said:

If you 'preview' the route, does anything look odd?

 

I have taken screenshots of the previews of the routes at NZAA gates B3 (which does not complete) and A28 (which does complete).  To me, the only difference between the two is that at gate A28 the pushback segment at the final heading is much longer (almost as long as the first segment "off the gate") than is the case at gate B3.  Unfortunately I can't paste them here but if you're interested in seeing them, let me know how I can get them to you.


Cheers,
Emile Bax.

ugcx_banner.png&key=01b5683e492e3b742827

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a good idea.  I just uploaded an archive with the two screenshots.  Here is the link :
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/69d0b801388ed0c76efa4b94a17a896d20200721115557/9dfd8c4b77bb0d37904bb06b92ebdc2720200721115620/ee1140
BTW these are not custom routes and as mentioned, I was unable to edit them.  Hope Manual can make some sense out of this.


Cheers,
Emile Bax.

ugcx_banner.png&key=01b5683e492e3b742827

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Emile,

I saw the screenshots, seems not to be a problem. But I know what you are reporting, its similar to the B747. This is the PMDG 777 right?...I'll try to reproduce.

On 7/15/2020 at 3:21 AM, EmileB said:

The ramp agent disconnects the towbar, the tug backs away  - and then the agent just stands there.

Does the aircraft has a bypass pin configured?

Manuel


ugcx_dev.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2020 at 11:38 PM, EmileB said:

NZAA gates B3 (which does not complete)

Question....what tug model are you using?...just asking to try using same tug model


ugcx_dev.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Manuel,

Yes the problem occurs with the PMDG B777, both the 200 and 300 models.  I use the Schopf tug for both aircraft and yes both have a bypass pin configured.


Cheers,
Emile Bax.

ugcx_banner.png&key=01b5683e492e3b742827

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EmileB said:

Yes the problem occurs with the PMDG B777, both the 200 and 300 models

Ok, I have the PMDG 777, in P3Dv4.5 HF 3, So I should be able to reproduce the issue, however, I did some tests but all finishes correctly the pushback sequence. What I'm thinking is in maybe if you could create a pushback route, which you could save it as custom route, then send me that custom route file, so I could some how, follow the same exact route as you follow that actually produces the issue, so I could debug it and see if I can reproduce then track down the problem from there. Do you know where the custom pushback routes are saved? (just asking ahead, ...if not I can guide you thru the place where the custom routes are saved in disk)

Manuel


ugcx_dev.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 2:44 PM, Manuel82 said:

Ok, I have the PMDG 777, in P3Dv4.5 HF 3, So I should be able to reproduce the issue, however, I did some tests but all finishes correctly the pushback sequence. What I'm thinking is in maybe if you could create a pushback route, which you could save it as custom route, then send me that custom route file, so I could some how, follow the same exact route as you follow that actually produces the issue, so I could debug it and see if I can reproduce then track down the problem from there. Do you know where the custom pushback routes are saved? (just asking ahead, ...if not I can guide you thru the place where the custom routes are saved in disk)

Manuel

Hi Manuel,

Good idea.  As it happens, a couple of weeks ago I created a custom pushback route for NZCH Gate 34, which as it turns out also has the problem (pushback completes OK with the PMDG 737-600 NGXu but not with the PMDG 772 or 773).  I found the NZCH airport profile folder OK.  Here is the contents of the file Gate 34.INI :

[ParkingProfile]
marshallerdist=25
totalpbroutes=1


[PushbackRoute.0]
totalwpnts=5
tailhdg=122
nosehdg=302
pbnodeidx=3
routename=Facing west
waypoint.0=-43.48739572;172.54281297
waypoint.1=-43.48725821;172.54418065
waypoint.2=-43.48730955;172.54437134
waypoint.3=-43.48737752;172.54447800
waypoint.4=-43.48746477;172.54461199

Hope this helps.  Just be aware that as with my NZAA installation, this is an add-on airport, not a default P3D one (though by a different developer).


Cheers,
Emile Bax.

ugcx_banner.png&key=01b5683e492e3b742827

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello EmileB; 🖐️😎

I am also having similar problem here in my system with the push back sequence for the PDMG 747 from all airports. Could you please tell me or point out the location (Path) where you have retrieved your data so I can get an idea where to go to get the data in my files so I can provide to the Techs and see what could be causing the problem??.🤔

v/r

Fernando R. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    27%
    $6,985.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...