Sign in to follow this  
FlyingInACessna

Nostalgia & Music

The one (and maybe only) thing I miss from FSX is the feeling of opening the sim and immediately being taken away by the menu’s orchestral arrangement. I think that musical piece is what initially brought a feeling of adventure to flight. It’s similar to the feeling of the music while waiting in line for Soarin’ over California at Disneyland. 

Can we get that old FSX theme music as the menu / intro music to the new sim? I think that’d bring things full circle and connect the line of sims, and it honestly suits the feeling of adventure and flying far more than the music they’ve been using for the trailers (their current theme sounds a bit dystopian and dark...).

Bit of an odd suggestion, but does anyone get what I’m saying?

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 1

No, I totally get what you’re saying. For me it’s that FS98 intro video music I’m hooked to. Childhood memories.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Can we get that old FSX theme music as the menu / intro music to the new sim?

Yes, it would be neat to honor the Legacy in the new MSFS. 🙂

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

The old fsx theme music is there plus a few more to select from 😉 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Interesting. I'd like to ask more but I'm assuming this is NDA information. So I guess the available tracks we know so far are the one playing in the background in some recent Feature Discovery/Partnership Series videos (also in the leaked hangar video), the one in that tester time-lapse video in slew mode ("MSFS20 Menu Music" was written in a corner), and the default Flight Simulator X track (I believe it was called Pilot For Hire).

4 hours ago, devgrp said:

Ahh!! Made my day! Though not sure if that’s allowed to be mentioned... be careful everyone.

Edited by FlyingInACessna

The very first thing I do is turn OFF the blasted "menu music." As  a musician, the repetition is just annoying to my ears! 😠

• Like 7

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

The very first thing I do is turn OFF the blasted "menu music." As  a musician, the repetition is just annoying to my ears! 😠

Yeah I did the same eventually with FSX... but it’s been so long that I could use that feeling again 🙂

Found some interesting information in the track's SoundCloud entry by its composer. In a comment three months ago he said he recently remastered the track from its original mix, which means he was probably asked by Microsoft to do so for inclusion in the new simulator. Exactly the same track, though I think the instruments sound somewhat clearer now.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Found some interesting information in the track's SoundCloud entry by its composer. In a comment three months ago he said he recently remastered the track from its original mix, which means he was probably asked by Microsoft to do so for inclusion in the new simulator. Exactly the same track, though I think the instruments sound somewhat clearer now.

Sounds awesome, and that would make sense - only reason I could see he’d remaster it. 

And regarding all of the comments saying he changed the key, he did not haha... it’s the original key that FSX had it in (main verse part starts in G major and then cycles through F, Eb, and a few others before coming back)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FlyingInACessna said:

And regarding all of the comments saying he changed the key, he did not haha... it’s the original key that FSX had it in (main verse part starts in G major and then cycles through F, Eb, and a few others before coming back)

He also said in the comment that he posted a pitched-up version, and considering that this track was posted 8 years ago, it probably was in the wrong key in the past. Seems weird that SoundCloud would allow track files to be replaced like that though.

On 7/15/2020 at 12:31 PM, FlyingInACessna said:

Can we get that old FSX theme music as the menu / intro music to the new sim?

From the trailer vid, it looks like it may have its own music which sounds pretty good. But if you want the old music, you'll probably just need to find the mp3 file of the new music, then rename the mp3 file of the old music to the new file name and move it into the directory. 

11 minutes ago, eslader said:

From the trailer vid, it looks like it may have its own music which sounds pretty good. But if you want the old music, you'll probably just need to find the mp3 file of the new music, then rename the mp3 file of the old music to the new file name and move it into the directory. 

If you back read, it actually sounds like the FSX theme will be included as one of the included options for theme music!

Looking forward to hear the score for the first time when firing up MSFS2020. I am, however, unfortunately going to mute the music pretty quickly. Which just reminds me what an ungrateful job it is to make the music for this sim. I expect epic music, but will mute it on subsequent launches 🙂

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78