Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

P3Dv5 HF2 Toronto addon recommendations?

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

However, the Orbx CYTZ files include the buildings.. just to complicate matters.

You can easily remove those with ADE. Getting the default objects to not show up is easy as well, but it's often more than just adding an exclude over the airport as in the video above. 

From Tools, select Load Stock data, and select Taxi Signs and Scenery Objects, once done under Lists, select Scenery objects and Filter by True. Next Select ALL and delete those newly imported default scenery objects, ADE will leave behind micro excludes that it added for each object. Do the same with the taxi signs, save and compile. I've converted probably over a hundred ade's using this method so far including many of the ORBX FTXG airports. Some end up with elevation issues, most do not. It just comes down to trial and error.

With the ORBX FTXG CYTZ you will probably find some elevation issues, but thats independent of getting rid of the default scenery objects coming though and I haven't worked on fixing that as I'm working on getting the CanadaSim CYTZ to work instead.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

16 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

You can easily remove those with ADE. Getting the default objects to not show up is easy as well, but it's often more than just adding an exclude over the airport as in the video above. 

From Tools, select Load Stock data, and select Taxi Signs and Scenery Objects, once done under Lists, select Scenery objects and Filter by True.

The problem I run into, is that when I load the stock CYTZ airport, none of the buildings that I want to exclude show up... As best I can tell, they are included in Toronto.bgl which I cannot open with ADE because it is not an airport..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Those will be in the FTXG CTYZ Objects file. You can merge the objects file with the ADE and then select what you want and don't want to keep.

2 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Those will be in the FTXG CTYZ Objects file. You can merge the objects file with the ADE and then select what you want and don't want to keep.

Sorry, I did not explain that very well.. The buildings are in the Orbx airport file. But not in the stock P3D airport file.

Bert

That's ok, you don't need to open the stock airport file at all. Using the FTXG CYTZ as your working ADE, I removed the Downtown city objects and let sim use the default ones or you can keep the ones included in the CYTZ Objects file and create excludes to remove the default duplicate buildings.
 The process of loading the Stock data is only to remove the default airport objects from showing up as well as the ones in the CYTZ ade. 

It seems it worked! Again, not the FTXG CYTZ, but Canadasim CYTZ in V5.

2020-7-16-11-37-22-181.jpg

Hmmm... still not sure what best to do in my case.

I am OK with keeping the V5 CYTZ airport.. it looks fine. All I would like to do, is relocate the downtown bank towers to their correct locations so that the city skyline looks correct.

Bert

Bert

I found a lot of stock buildings outside the airport in the CYTZ file. I will send you the bgl I made. Put it in the Orbx Scenery file and it might work and do what you want using the Orbx CYTZ.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Greg that is quite amazing progress.. Thanks!

Will need some further help on the airport which now has elevation problems..

vjFqVjB.jpg

1g5aXMp.jpg

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

... Canadasim CYTZ in V5.

2020-7-16-11-37-22-181.jpg

That looks very pretty indeed.. Any elevation problems with the airport?

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Any elevation problems with the airport?

Not anymore, I did have to correct the airport elevation as it was showing a foot too low. Added in some excludes for certain landmarks that are much nicer than default and it's good! It's not up to date (it was in 2016), but it's a million times better than what an ADE fixup will do for it.

Edited by Dave_YVR

Simaddons has the best and most accurate Billy Bishop airport and all their airports are now P3DV5 compatible.  Up to date as well.  If the runway has a slope it is now sloped as are all Simaddons airports.

Edited by jfmitch

38 minutes ago, jfmitch said:

Simaddons has the best and most accurate Billy Bishop airport and all their airports are now P3DV5 compatible.  Up to date as well.  If the runway has a slope it is now sloped as are all Simaddons airports.

I second that, a LOT of Canadian airports in all Simaddons offering and Ralph is prompt to respond if any issue 😉

Edited by aljones

are the textures high quality?  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I would say decent, not FSDreamteam or Fly Tampa but ok, what you get is a lot of airports per pack, excellent value for the price...

On 7/16/2020 at 2:50 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Greg that is quite amazing progress.. Thanks!

Will need some further help on the airport which now has elevation problems..

1g5aXMp.jpg

Happy to report that the elevation problems were solved and I now have an Orbx Global Airports version of CYTZ which has the correct Toronto skyline!  Thanks go to Scott and Greg for coming to my rescue! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert