4. ATC..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

- A Glider

- A Self Launching Glider

- A Self Sustained Glider

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Magic wand can do anything, so here it goes:

1. I've said it many times, but since you asked: Fix those airport lighting issues. Finally get those runways look real. Skidmarks, wear and tear. Maybe procedurally generated, whatever. They can't stay as they are now.

2. ATC module. With CPDLC and voice, working com radios and their physics. Fully functional and lag-free shared cockpit.

3. Failure modules and full blown instructor station, inspired by FFS capabilites.

On 7/22/2020 at 3:17 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

You realize that VATSIM and IVAO are using code that has existed since the 1990's?  POSCON, which will go live that this year, uses brand new code and the comparison becomes a Model-T Ford to a 2020 Ford Mustang - and I am absolutely no exaggerating.  I've been watching and working with POSCON for 2 years now and they impressed me (not easy to do) in the first year with the progress they made.

Here is what will happen.  When POSCON goes live, controllers and pilots from other networks will flock to it... period.  VATSIM and IVAO will continue to exist until their usage declines to the point where it's not worth maintaining them.  When that will happen nobody can say.

VATSIM and IVAO both created realism based environments for flight simmers to learn and operate their aircraft in a far more realistic manner, and I've been using VATSIM since it was SATCO.  I truly appreciate the effort that a great many people put forth to build and run those networks, but as with all things time marches on and things change.  We've needed a new network for so very long and we're about to get one in a very impressive way.

One more thing... the new VATSIM Voice Codec was a disaster. It was note written nor was it implemented correctly, and it's causes a great many problems including all but preventing people from flying shared cockpit on the VATSIM network.  When I say it was a disaster, I mean DISASTER.  In fact, if that was a commercial project under my purview, I would have fired the person who managed it - and in all my years in management and technical program management I held a belief that firing someone after they had learned a valuable lesson was often akin to throwing the baby out with the bath water, but in this case i'd have fired them.

Anyway, POSCON my friend, POSCON is the future.

Okay, friend.

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

1. A fully integrated airport design editor (sort of like Scruffy duck's ADE) with access to all handcrafted terminal buildings (and other objects)
    in which you can fully edit airports (even create new airports), like adding runways, taxiways, aprons, SID/STAR (which would be automatically exported to the navigation systems),
    I played around allot with ADE and edited allot of airports for FSX and it would be really nice to have something like that for MSFS.
  2. Career mode (as already mentioned by others)
  3. Built in flight recording (video+audio) with integrated flight history information (Aircraft, to/from airports routing and etc) where the latter would be injected into the video if one wanted to.

6 hours ago, Thomasso said:

Okay, friend.

Yeah, I'm aware, I was aware before my post (check my signature).  That does not change what I wrote, nor does it change the fact that VATSIM's "new" voice codec is little better than two cans and a piece of string - I'm working with VATSIM on that right now.  Moreover, I've worked with VATSIM management for at least the past 15 years, so I'm aware of much that 99% of the community isn't.

Just trying to educate you, not school you, friend. It's up to you to listen and learn or not.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

You would be able to fly with 100% accuracy anywhere on earth or using extreme time compression to the edge of our solar system.  Absolute accuracy in scenery on Earth, the moon and Mars, extrapolated everywhere else.

100,000,000 different planes and liveries.

All would come on no more than two DVDs so we could load it easily.  No patches or service packs ever required.  Would cost no more than $20.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Better...:

ATC

And...:

SEASONS

VR/TIR

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp