Sign in to follow this  
dpergau

Missing Saitek clamp screw (big plastic black mount)

Hi guys

I purchased a Saitek Pro yoke/throttle set on a trading website and everything arrived except the clamp screw to anchor the clamp to the desk.  Could one of you measure yours for me?  I've gone to a few hardware stores but none sell such a large screw in a plastic material.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Dan

Edited by dpergau

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

There are 4 screw holes on the back and bottom that You can use to secure it if you don't have the clamp

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Hi Josh,

Thanks, I saw the same although I'm not too excited about drilling into my desk. I'd much prefer to use the clamp if possible.

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

I would head over to the 3D Print Model sites 🙂  Download the files and then use a service like Shapeways (they did my 3D Printed GNS 530 Bezels worked well)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2296118

Print services here

https://www.shapeways.com/?utm_campaign=search_branded_desktop&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=%2Bshapeways&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjer4BRCZARIsABK4QeWamCMY35baWZ46CSk0EwFUXz2jGTGBPie9nv5bq1bl3pV5DtKJ_voaAnn3EALw_wcB

• Like 2

Les O'Reilly

I have moved on to a Honeycomb Yoke (so glad I did), but I will tell you that my Saitek "Big Screw" clamp broke and I replaced it with two small C-Clamps and used those for many years.  They are not a leg/knee hazard of any kind either.  Each C-Clamp cost me about $1 at Lowes or Home Depot in the states, and I attached them to the holes in the front side of the Yoke where the former clamp went.

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

6 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

I would head over to the 3D Print Model sites 🙂  Download the files and then use a service like Shapeways (they did my 3D Printed GNS 530 Bezels worked well)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2296118

Print services here

https://www.shapeways.com/?utm_campaign=search_branded_desktop&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=%2Bshapeways&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjer4BRCZARIsABK4QeWamCMY35baWZ46CSk0EwFUXz2jGTGBPie9nv5bq1bl3pV5DtKJ_voaAnn3EALw_wcB

Hi Les

That's a very creative solution, after some more searching I found some on ebay as well so that is always a possibility!  Thank you for sharing that idea.

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

5 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I have moved on to a Honeycomb Yoke (so glad I did), but I will tell you that my Saitek "Big Screw" clamp broke and I replaced it with two small C-Clamps and used those for many years.  They are not a leg/knee hazard of any kind either.  Each C-Clamp cost me about $1 at Lowes or Home Depot in the states, and I attached them to the holes in the front side of the Yoke where the former clamp went.

Another excellent idea!  I will check out my local hardware stores for some C Clamps.  

My plan is to get the Honeywell hardware as well.  I started off with some CH hardware but after 20 years of usage and a few moves they were not working properly any longer.  I then migrated to an X52 for a few years but I missed the yoke and pedals.  I found a deal on kijiji that was very affordable and promised the hardware was new(ish?) and included Saitek Pro yoke, throttle and pedals so I went for that. 

Thanks Dave!

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

9 hours ago, dpergau said:

Another excellent idea!  I will check out my local hardware stores for some C Clamps.  

My plan is to get the Honeywell hardware as well.  I started off with some CH hardware but after 20 years of usage and a few moves they were not working properly any longer.  I then migrated to an X52 for a few years but I missed the yoke and pedals.  I found a deal on kijiji that was very affordable and promised the hardware was new(ish?) and included Saitek Pro yoke, throttle and pedals so I went for that. 

Thanks Dave!

Dan

You are most welcome Dan.  I'm sure the C-Clamps will work out very well for you, and it allows you to get rid of that huge mounting bracket.

By the way, the Honeycomb Yoke uses two U-Clamps which are extremely similar to C-Clamps, so someone else had the same idea!  LOL!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I use heavy duty Velcro on my tq6 to secure it but also used it when I had duel Saitek throttle quads. Never had any issues. I hate clamps.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

The c clamps worked out perfectly!

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. 

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I made a model of the clamp that holds down the CH Products 200 615 yoke and had it printed.  It works great.  You should be able to download the STL file from the link below.  It may or maynot work with other models.  You can buy the long center bolt at any hardware store.  Mine is 4.5 inches long and 1/4-20 threads.  You can tighten it iwth a wrench (do not overtighten) or buy a knob which most hardware stores carry.  If they don't have a bolt that long, try asking for threaded rod.

Yoke clamp for CH products 200 615

spacer.png