Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
dpergau

Missing Saitek clamp screw (big plastic black mount)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi guys

I purchased a Saitek Pro yoke/throttle set on a trading website and everything arrived except the clamp screw to anchor the clamp to the desk.  Could one of you measure yours for me?  I've gone to a few hardware stores but none sell such a large screw in a plastic material.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Dan

Edited by dpergau

Dan Pergau - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

PPL-SEL

Alienware Aurora R5 - Dell U3415W - Saitek Pro Yoke, Throttle and Pedals - PMDG Boeings and Majestic Q400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Josh,

Thanks, I saw the same although I'm not too excited about drilling into my desk. I'd much prefer to use the clamp if possible.

Dan


Dan Pergau - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

PPL-SEL

Alienware Aurora R5 - Dell U3415W - Saitek Pro Yoke, Throttle and Pedals - PMDG Boeings and Majestic Q400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would head over to the 3D Print Model sites 🙂  Download the files and then use a service like Shapeways (they did my 3D Printed GNS 530 Bezels worked well)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2296118

Print services here

 

https://www.shapeways.com/?utm_campaign=search_branded_desktop&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=%2Bshapeways&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjer4BRCZARIsABK4QeWamCMY35baWZ46CSk0EwFUXz2jGTGBPie9nv5bq1bl3pV5DtKJ_voaAnn3EALw_wcB

  • Like 1

Les O'Reilly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have moved on to a Honeycomb Yoke (so glad I did), but I will tell you that my Saitek "Big Screw" clamp broke and I replaced it with two small C-Clamps and used those for many years.  They are not a leg/knee hazard of any kind either.  Each C-Clamp cost me about $1 at Lowes or Home Depot in the states, and I attached them to the holes in the front side of the Yoke where the former clamp went.

 

  • Like 1

Dave-Aerosoft-Signature-500x125.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

I would head over to the 3D Print Model sites 🙂  Download the files and then use a service like Shapeways (they did my 3D Printed GNS 530 Bezels worked well)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2296118

Print services here

 

https://www.shapeways.com/?utm_campaign=search_branded_desktop&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=%2Bshapeways&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjer4BRCZARIsABK4QeWamCMY35baWZ46CSk0EwFUXz2jGTGBPie9nv5bq1bl3pV5DtKJ_voaAnn3EALw_wcB

Hi Les

That's a very creative solution, after some more searching I found some on ebay as well so that is always a possibility!  Thank you for sharing that idea.

Dan

 


Dan Pergau - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

PPL-SEL

Alienware Aurora R5 - Dell U3415W - Saitek Pro Yoke, Throttle and Pedals - PMDG Boeings and Majestic Q400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I have moved on to a Honeycomb Yoke (so glad I did), but I will tell you that my Saitek "Big Screw" clamp broke and I replaced it with two small C-Clamps and used those for many years.  They are not a leg/knee hazard of any kind either.  Each C-Clamp cost me about $1 at Lowes or Home Depot in the states, and I attached them to the holes in the front side of the Yoke where the former clamp went.

 

Another excellent idea!  I will check out my local hardware stores for some C Clamps.  

My plan is to get the Honeywell hardware as well.  I started off with some CH hardware but after 20 years of usage and a few moves they were not working properly any longer.  I then migrated to an X52 for a few years but I missed the yoke and pedals.  I found a deal on kijiji that was very affordable and promised the hardware was new(ish?) and included Saitek Pro yoke, throttle and pedals so I went for that. 

Thanks Dave!

Dan


Dan Pergau - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

PPL-SEL

Alienware Aurora R5 - Dell U3415W - Saitek Pro Yoke, Throttle and Pedals - PMDG Boeings and Majestic Q400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dpergau said:

Another excellent idea!  I will check out my local hardware stores for some C Clamps.  

My plan is to get the Honeywell hardware as well.  I started off with some CH hardware but after 20 years of usage and a few moves they were not working properly any longer.  I then migrated to an X52 for a few years but I missed the yoke and pedals.  I found a deal on kijiji that was very affordable and promised the hardware was new(ish?) and included Saitek Pro yoke, throttle and pedals so I went for that. 

Thanks Dave!

Dan

You are most welcome Dan.  I'm sure the C-Clamps will work out very well for you, and it allows you to get rid of that huge mounting bracket.

 

By the way, the Honeycomb Yoke uses two U-Clamps which are extremely similar to C-Clamps, so someone else had the same idea!  LOL!

 

 


Dave-Aerosoft-Signature-500x125.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use heavy duty Velcro on my tq6 to secure it but also used it when I had duel Saitek throttle quads. Never had any issues. I hate clamps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooooh.....Super Magnets!!!!.......I need to try those with my Metal Yoke Base...


Les O'Reilly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The c clamps worked out perfectly!

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. 

Dan


Dan Pergau - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

PPL-SEL

Alienware Aurora R5 - Dell U3415W - Saitek Pro Yoke, Throttle and Pedals - PMDG Boeings and Majestic Q400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,145.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...