Sign in to follow this  
iamgbs

LNM and Microsoft FS2020

Well, have loaded the patch, the sim is running great!

I am not seeing MSFS from the remote computer (which has FSX on it).

Littlenavconnect is not seeing the client!  Loaded https://www.littlenavmap.org/downloads/SimConnect/ but no connection.

What next please?

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

8 minutes ago, sauviat said:

Well, have loaded the patch, the sim is running great!

Littlenavconnect is not seeing the client!  Loaded https://www.littlenavmap.org/downloads/SimConnect/ but no connection.

What next please?

Martin

Interesting - my issue is that it shows connected but it's not updating or showing any info about the current flight.  So it sounds like MS may have broken something in their attempt to fix the AI stuttering problem.  

Looks like it works for me ... I see my plane and lots of planes of other players in little navmap5cZkWLm.jpg

Edited by W4rl0ck

1 hour ago, sauviat said:

First try to run LNM on the flying computer to see if it can find the sim. You do not need FSX or SimConnect on the remote.

1 hour ago, Fiddler said:

Interesting - my issue is that it shows connected but it's not updating or showing any info about the current flight.  So it sounds like MS may have broken something in their attempt to fix the AI stuttering problem

Nope. Just tested. Nothing broke. You have to sit in the cockpit to see updates. Connected but not updating happens when you still hang around in the menu structure like "start flight" or so. Maybe they fixed a problem where the aircraft was positioned in the ocean west of Africa when starting up.

Alex

On the MSFS sim I am able to show my plane on the chart. Not able to download the scenery files, only showing X-Plane.

On the client sim, Littlenavconnect does not see the sim host details. Not possible to change this.

Also tried on a second client, still cannot see the sim computer.

Martin

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

1 minute ago, sauviat said:

On the MSFS sim I am able to show my plane on the chart. Not able to download the scenery files, only showing X-Plane.

As expected since I'm working on this.🙂

1 minute ago, sauviat said:

On the client sim, Littlenavconnect does not see the sim host details. Not possible to change this.

Also tried on a second client, still cannot see the sim computer.

Not sure if I understand but there might be some confusion here.
Run Navmap on the remote/networked/client and Navconnect together with the simulator on the flying computer. Remote network computer does not need SimConnect.

See the pinned post I linked above.

Alex

13 hours ago, W4rl0ck said:

Looks like it works for me ... I see my plane and lots of planes of other players in little navmap5cZkWLm.jpg

After patch here too, works well now, sim is smooth and no stutters.

However, I do NOT see other player A/C on the map, only myself and live/AI traffic.

Me, banging grey matted cells in the brain against a wall, I forgot that littlenavconnect has to be running on the sim computer!!!

Yes it is working🙂!

Thank you

martin

Martin Parr

21 minutes ago, Elephant42 said:

However, I do NOT see other player A/C on the map, only myself and live/AI traffic.

Slooooowly.🙂 Still working on all that stuff and a new beta for LNM is due soon. You can try to enable traffic again in the connect dialog. But I guess this will transfer large amounts of aircraft.

2 minutes ago, sauviat said:

Me, banging grey matted cells in the brain against a wall, I forgot that littlenavconnect has to be running on the sim computer!!!

No worries. Can happen to the best in the family.🙃

Alex

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Slooooowly.🙂 Still working on all that stuff and a new beta for LNM is due soon. You can try to enable traffic again in the connect dialog. But I guess this will transfer large amounts of aircraft.

No worries. Can happen to the best in the family.🙃

Alex

Oh I hope my post wasn't taken as complaint, that was emphatically not the intention.  Just wanted to report that I had a different result to the one in the post I quoted.  Relieved to note that it seems to be a genuine issue that you are aware of and not a problem at my end...

8 minutes ago, Elephant42 said:

Oh I hope my post wasn't taken as complaint,

Absolutely not.

It was rather good a reminder to have a close look at the AI in MSFS and LNM.
I'll probably have to limit the AI to a certain radius around the user aircraft to avoid stutters.

Alex

I'd like to thank Alex for his amazing response to this thread. He is not only a very clever chap, but his quick and friendly replies to all sorts of questions make him a star in my book. He has produced a top notch piece of software and it runs well in Fs2020 even though Alex has not yet had time to finish his FS2020 update.

Thank you Alex for a wonderful piece of work and for your patience and efforts to keep everyone in the loop. Kudos!

Edited by robert young
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Sorry.. maybe I was wrong and it was just a AI flight .. I thought it would have been another player 😉

looking forward to any updates 🙂

Edited by W4rl0ck