Sign in to follow this  
iamgbs

LNM and Microsoft FS2020

Just now, Gabe777 said:

Yes. Sorry. I was agreeing with you. Increasing to a full second would still be good enough and reduce stuttering.

Yeah. I see. It was just some brain fart from me, that it maybe could help to increase and scatter the queries a bit more ^^

Right now we don't really know how Asobo will behave in terms of updates and fixes. So I am grasping for every straw.

No worries. It's a bit frustrating for everyone.

We all want stuff to work but we'll have to be patient.

I reckon it will be worth it though. Just gonna take time ! 😀

with 1000ms it is still annoying to fly.  

for now i just disabled Fetch AI or multiplayer aircraft to remove all stutters.

Where does the xml file go which needs the ip address adding for the client PC ?

Thnx

9 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Where does the xml file go which needs the ip address adding for the client PC ?

What XML file? Simconnect? You don't need that. See here for networked stuff:

Alex

Can someone help with getting this to work with MSFS 2020. I can turn on the program and start FS20 and it says connected. In terms of the LNM though, I cant search for aiports, I can't select airports as Departure or Destination etc. Those options are greyed out. 

Sorry if this is a duplicate question - I looked through to see but my blind eyes did not find it.  

I have any existing X-Plane 11 configuration with Little Navconnect on a Windows 10 computer, and LNM running on a Mac.  I now have installed MSFS 2020 on the Windows computer and looking for instructions on how to enable the LNM connection on the Mac to MSFS 2020 using simconnect.  I have downloaded it - but now not sure which system it should be on.  

Thank you in advance. 

Edited by Fiddler
Correcting info

1 hour ago, Fiddler said:

Sorry if this is a duplicate question - I looked through to see but my blind eyes did not find it.  

I have any existing X-Plane 11 configuration with Little Navconnect on a Windows 10 computer, and LNM running on a Mac.  I now have installed MSFS 2020 on the Windows computer and looking for instructions on how to enable the LNM connection on the Mac to MSFS 2020 using simconnect.  I have downloaded it - but now not sure which system it should be on.  

Thank you in advance. 

Never mind.  This is a Windows install package so duh....got it working.  

On 8/22/2020 at 3:55 PM, alexkane said:

with 1000ms it is still annoying to fly.  

for now i just disabled Fetch AI or multiplayer aircraft to remove all stutters.

I guess I'm blind cuz I cannot find this in the Options menu, or anywhere else. All I see are the two icons for AI and they're a toggle on/off.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Hey Alex,

I just took a look at the MFS files.
There is an "fs-base-nav" folder with tons of BGL files. Maybe a clue? :)

45 minutes ago, Rackham said:

There is an "fs-base-nav" folder with tons of BGL files. Maybe a clue? 🙂

Errr ... well ... yes. Thanks. I'm aleady stuck deep in this folder and others and trying to find out what has changed inside the BGL files. At least I can see airports, aprons and runways already.
Progressing slowly but steadily. Looks like the first half of one percent of all the work is done.😉

1 hour ago, Twenty6 said:

I guess I'm blind cuz I cannot find this in the Options menu, or anywhere else. All I see are the two icons for AI and they're a toggle on/off.

This is an option in the connection dialog (Tools -> Flight Simulator Connection).

14 hours ago, Fiddler said:

See pinned post here:

SimConnect (https://www.littlenavmap.org/downloads/SimConnect/) has to be installed on the flying computer. It is for Windows only anyway. It is the same procedure like for FSX/P3D.
On the remote computer go to LNM menu -> "scenery library " -> "Navigraph" and select "Use Navigraph for all features". This will give you airports. LNM cannot read the MSFS library yet. Working on it.

14 hours ago, egothrasher said:

Can someone help with getting this to work with MSFS 2020. I can turn on the program and start FS20 and it says connected. In terms of the LNM though, I cant search for aiports, I can't select airports as Departure or Destination etc. Those options are greyed out. 

See line above about scenery library. This should help

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, albar965 said:

This is an option in the connection dialog (Tools -> Flight Simulator Connection).

Thank you!

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

yeap disconnected the "Fetch AI Multiplayer Aircraft/Ships and it's stutter free now. most excellent.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD