Sign in to follow this  
Saxmax

Newbie Education Advice

Hi everyone, 

Recently purchased hardware to finally get to start my long time dream of playing Flight Simulator. 

While I am fascinated with aviation in general, unfortunately, I do not know how to fly planes.  

Would you have recommendations for me as to how to learn to fly, and all the other necessary basics to try to make Flight Sim as real as possible?  Are there people who give flying lessons online?  Any YouTube vloggers to follow?

Looking forward to learning more about this hobby through you guys. 

• Like 1

Maybe do the tutorials in the sim? or an older sim?

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Welcome to Avsim.  🙂

The tutorials in most flight sims are really pretty good and they'll get you going okay. In the meantime, if you have any questions or need any help, either ask on the forums, or if you prefer you can message me here on Avsim (click on the forum name) and I will be more than happy to help you out. It really is no trouble.

Above all, have fun.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Welcome to AVSIM! Enjoy your stay.

As has already been mentioned, the tutorials should get you off to a reasonable start. Youtube is full of flying videos and lessons.:cool:

One of my favourite vloggers is steveo1kinevo who certainly gives some decent commentary on his flights along with explanations IMHO. Not necessarily giving flying lessons, but he gives an insight into flying a turboprop around Florida and the Bahamas..

Oh and see Chock's generous offer above! 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Welcome to Avsim!  As mentioned, many flight sims have tutorials and flying lessons.  I know MicroSoft's FS2004 and FSX have these features for new fliers.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.