Sign in to follow this  
spilok

"Multiple Object..." problem weird!

Tried to fly in P3d v4.5 today, and when I loaded it, it said the following:

"There are multiple objects with the same title name.  They must have unique title names."  NOW, I've had this before on individual plane liveries, and I've been able to find it, and correct it.  However, this is DIFFERENT!

When I click on the message, it goes through EVERY SINGLE PLANE AND LIVERY in my sim (over 300 total).  Even the default LM planes, drones, etc. are mentioned.  It doesn't miss a single one.  It refers to SimObjects and Airplanes, but I've checked that folder and there are no multiple title names.  Everything looks normal...and I certainly didn't change anything.  The sim worked perfectly yesterday, and nothing was added to change that.  What could possibly have happened? Was another SimObject folder created somewhere?  If so, I haven't found it.

If you know where I should look for this, please help.  I've tried reinstalling the sim (without deleting all the LM folders and files), repairing the sim, and nothing takes those messages away.  Please give me a clue on how to fix this if you happen to know.

Stan

ps.  My next step would have to be total deletion of all Lockheed Martin folders and files before re-installation.  Would hate to have to do that.

Edited by spilok

When you get that error message it will include the offending item. i.e. AC11 Commander 114 - Orange. Someone (!) has installed a paint and and entered the aircraft.cfg entry twice.

If you cant find it you'll have format :C.

Read the error message thoroughly.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

If that happened to me, I'd be looking for a duplicate entry in a config file, possibly one of the .xml files.  I suspect a single extra bad entry could duplicate your entire fleet.

I'm not familiar enough with how the new formats work to be able to offer more than that.  So just a guess on my part.

Good luck.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Even though I can't spilok's read post, I'll also offer that GSX can sometimes do this as well.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

When you get that error message it will include the offending item. i.e. AC11 Commander 114 - Orange. Someone (!) has installed a paint and and entered the aircraft.cfg entry twice.

If you cant find it you'll have format :C.

Read the error message thoroughly.

That’s just it!  It cited every single aircraft in my entire fleet....AND every livery/color. I had to click over 250 times just to get to the launch screen. 
Stan

Do you use third party AI traffic program it may have created a duplicate sim objects.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

14 hours ago, spilok said:

That’s just it!  It cited every single aircraft in my entire fleet....AND every livery/color. I had to click over 250 times just to get to the launch screen. 
Stan

Oh blimey! I didn't realise. That certainly IS novel.

Well, I checked my UT Live folders everywhere and all the XML files, and could not find any new SimObjects folder.  I deactivated UT Live and still the "multiple objects" came up again when opening V4.5.  I checked all the airplane configs and no indication of duplicate files anywhere.  So, I gave up, deleted all of 4.5 and its respective folders.

I reinstalled it and got most of my original scenery in, ORBX Library was still there so that did not have to be reinstalled.  Just added a bunch of planes that I had originally, and everything seems normal now.

Thank you for all your input; however, nothing seemed to work.  How it happened, I'll never know, because it has never happened before.

Thanks again.  This problem is now over for me.

Stan

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, spilok said:

This problem is now over for me.

Phew!

3 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Phew!

Yes.  Although I fly V5 every day, I still love V4.5 for its stability and reliability.  It never gives me any issues whatsoever.  It's nice to have it back.  Flew it today from Krakow to Warsaw....then on to Frankfurt.  Great flying and some pretty nasty weather in Germany.  Whew!

Stan