Sign in to follow this  
simsuper80

Ai traffic

this is the one thing I have the least amount of info on. The best I've heard so far is fsdreamteam saying that the afcad has been enhanced from a scenery point of view. I know live traffic is an option, but how live is it. I havnt heard any specifics on that, and im also wondering if ai behavior has been improved in any way.

Marco D'Agostino

2 hours ago, simsuper80 said:

this is the one thing I have the least amount of info on. The best I've heard so far is fsdreamteam saying that the afcad has been enhanced from a scenery point of view. I know live traffic is an option, but how live is it. I havnt heard any specifics on that, and im also wondering if ai behavior has been improved in any way.

And AI performance for that matter.  Not long until we find out.

X

5 hours ago, flying_w said:

And AI performance for that matter.  Not long until we find out.

We know a little bit about AI performance from one of the YouTube videos posted in the last few days. There was a forum topic about it. Turning on real world traffic cut the frames from around 45fps to 25fps. Dont know if that will be the case for all. We shall find out soon.

7 hours ago, simsuper80 said:

From watching some streams yesterday. I think it might have been Quill18? or someone anyway they went to Schiphol, looked on flightdar24 there was a plane coming in for final. The did a circle of the airport and the plane was replicated in game. There was a slight delay of maybe a minute or two from its real life arrival to its in sim arrival most likely while the data lines up.

Also on Quill's stream when he was flying over London Heathrow on the live map in his plane is did how traffic lining up for final for the 09 runways following the traffic pattern which seems pretty true to life.  The only concern I have about live traffic is the frame hit especially at bigger airports like London Heathrow. The more planes models the sim is having to render the more of a hit you are going to see on the frames. Same with any type of traffic. So hopefully someone releases a pack of generic, lower quality models for the AI to use for traffic that don't kill your frames in busy areas.  

1 hour ago, Eriol_Mits said:

From watching some streams yesterday. I think it might have been Quill18? or someone anyway they went to Schiphol, looked on flightdar24 there was a plane coming in for final. The did a circle of the airport and the plane was replicated in game. There was a slight delay of maybe a minute or two from its real life arrival to its in sim arrival most likely while the data lines up.

Also on Quill's stream when he was flying over London Heathrow on the live map in his plane is did how traffic lining up for final for the 09 runways following the traffic pattern which seems pretty true to life.  The only concern I have about live traffic is the frame hit especially at bigger airports like London Heathrow. The more planes models the sim is having to render the more of a hit you are going to see on the frames. Same with any type of traffic. So hopefully someone releases a pack of generic, lower quality models for the AI to use for traffic that don't kill your frames in busy areas.  

in the game, there is already an option for lower quality models from what I have seen in the options menu. They dont have moving flaps, gear, etc....just low quality planes to fill the skies. 

4 hours ago, Eriol_Mits said:

Makes me wonder how the AI interacts with the user on the ground if the traffic is live.

Edited by simsuper80

Marco D'Agostino

Also, Someone on the AIG group said that go arounds are still present in massive quantities, which if true, is very disappointing.

• Upvote 1

Marco D'Agostino

1 hour ago, simsuper80 said:

Makes me wonder how the AI interacts with the user on the ground if the traffic is live.

It will stop for conflicts.

5 hours ago, Eriol_Mits said:

I'm guessing the traffic isn't 100% live, it's probably AI generated from flight data on FlightAware.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I'm guessing the traffic isn't 100% live, it's probably AI generated from flight data on FlightAware.

Yes I believe this is the case. Not in the beta or anything to try it but it would appear its taking the data from flightaware and then the AI is making making an approximation of that in the sim. This is to avoid conflicts such as runway incursions etc. Looking forward when i get my hands on the product on Tuesday to load in live traffic at Atlanta or another busy airport and see how it performs.

3 minutes ago, Eriol_Mits said:

Yes I believe this is the case. Not in the beta or anything to try it but it would appear its taking the data from flightaware and then the AI is making making an approximation of that in the sim. This is to avoid conflicts such as runway incursions etc. Looking forward when i get my hands on the product on Tuesday to load in live traffic at Atlanta or another busy airport and see how it performs.

Hopefully asobo or a 3rd party can create accurate models and liveries for these flights

• Like 1

Marco D'Agostino

I know the AI will yield if you are on the runway and they are on approach to land, but what about other scenarios? As an example will they turn right if faced with an oncoming collision hazard? How well does the AI actually adhere to traffic rules?

Edited by High_Alpha

On a Squirrel video in London he found a bug where the frame rates dipped in half with AI aircraft, but only when there were clouds.

I don’t know how afcads has been enhanced, but I saw airport issues that was already there in FSX. Nothing I can see until we got access to the SDK.