Sign in to follow this  
Kopteeni

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is....

Is anyone else getting this while trying to start the launcher? I already checked that this path exists and the exe is located there.

hbFsmGI.png

20 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Try moving it to another location and running the file directly?

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, no luck. There's a bunch of people on reddit having the same issue. The common thing seems to be that we're all running windows insider builds. I'm resetting my windows now and trying again.

18 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, no luck. There's a bunch of people on reddit having the same issue. The common thing seems to be that we're all running windows insider builds. I'm resetting my windows now and trying again.

ahh that would make sense if you arent running a tested release build. 

17 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

any luck with this? same issue and cant find anything about this on internet

3 hours ago, jriquelme said:

any luck with this? same issue and cant find anything about this on internet

Some people have got it working by running a powershell command:

Get-AppXPackage -allusers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Worth a try, I guess. For me nothing worked, I resolved the issue by reinstalling my Windows.

7 hours ago, stu212 said:

anyone have more info or help on this fs2020 error?  

There's a powershell command that worked for some. See my post above.

Hi,

I have been trying everything just to avoid resetting my Windows (I have an Insider Programme version) and nothing works.

When I try that powershell command all I got is this:

Screenshot-2020-08-18-222926.png

am I doing something wrong or is it just not working?

12 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

"

4 minutes ago, jeszuk said:

Hi,

I have been trying everything just to avoid resetting my Windows (I have an Insider Programme version) and nothing works.

When I try that powershell command all I got is this:

Screenshot-2020-08-18-222926.png

am I doing something wrong or is it just not working?

Did you run powershell in an administrative shell?

11 minutes ago, goreckm said:

Did you run powershell in an administrative shell?

I did, not at a first time, obviously. But now after it went through some kind of windowzy sorcery it comes as this:

Screenshot-2020-08-18-225033.png

Even I, with really low level of knowledge, know it's too much red to be good. Well I think I need to reinstall Windows or just wait for other solution. 

Same issue here. Same error. After communicating with three different Microsoft techs yesterday for hours upon hours - no solution. I spoke with a fourth support tech. by phone today. He informed me it is now "...a known issue and an update is expected in approx. two to three days to resolve the problem." He intimated that there are many people with this issue. I'm not surprised. 

I can add my name to the list of people with this problem.  I purchased the Xbox Game Pass trial month for $1, which includes 100 games, not least of which is MS Flight Simulator (base edition) a $59.95 value.  I want to try it on my gaming laptop which I believe is too weak to meet even the lowest spec, but it runs many other games quite nicely.  We will (at some point) see.  DATA CAP with my ISP is a concern, an extra 125 GB for the basic game install is both a space issue on my nvMe M.2 drive, and a COMCAST/xFinity 1.2 TB Data Cap issue as well.  Still, I'm intrigued.  I believe MS will solve the problem with the game not installing/running on many systems in the next couple days, or Bob's my Uncle. I would NOT reinstall Windows!  That's silly.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

4 hours ago, jeszuk said:

I did, not at a first time, obviously. But now after it went through some kind of windowzy sorcery it comes as this:

Screenshot-2020-08-18-225033.png

Even I, with really low level of knowledge, know it's too much red to be good. Well I think I need to reinstall Windows or just wait for other solution. 

"Resource in use". Did you have the store app open?

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to be proactive about this issue. Yesterday, about an hour before it was set to release in my time zone I ran across a reddit post about this issue. Since I was an insider on the developer ring I knew I would have this issue. Not only that, I tried, just for fun, to change my region to see if it would download. It did try, but I got the EXACT error as indicated by the OP. There is, however, an answer without reinstalling Windows - simply use Steam. I was lucky enough to do it before it went live so I just canceled my pre-order.  

Anyway, I don't know how easy it is to get a refund from the MS Store once it has released, but given how awful the MS Store is, I think it is much safer to install this through Steam, particularly if you are on the developer ring. If they are going to release a solution in the next few days I guess it isn't a big deal...

BTW, I *think* that shell script was only claimed to work for those on the Beta ring so I don't know if that is the reason why the script didn't work for those above.