Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

No G-sync support?

You dont need a game supporting G-Sync. All you need is a Nvidia Card and a G-sync compatible monitor. The rest are Nvidia control panel settings...no matter what game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

Make sure vsync is off in the settings

• Upvote 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Yup, it’s working fine in xplane, and also the Nvidia pendulum demo test. so all drivers and settings are correct. It’s just not being picked up in flight simulator. 

3 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Yup, it’s working fine in xplane, and also the Nvidia pendulum demo test. so all drivers and settings are correct. It’s just not being picked up in flight simulator. 

How do you know it's no being picked up? What are you basing it on?

Have you tried heading into Windows' Settings -> Gaming -> "Graphics Settings" under 'Related' and then enable 'Variable refresh rate'. MFS is a UWP application and works a bit differently. 

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, Slides said:

How do you know it's no being picked up? What are you basing it on?

I have an overlay provided by my monitor, that shows when it’s tracking the applications frame rate. It’s staying at my max refresh rate of 160, and not fluctuating with the frame rate like it should (and like it is within xplane and the pendulum demo). 

2 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Have you tried heading into Windows' Settings -> Gaming -> "Graphics Settings" under 'Related' and then enable 'Variable refresh rate'. MFS is an UWP application and works differently from other games. 

Yeah I’ve enabled that too 

1 minute ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I have an overlay provided by my monitor, that shows when it’s tracking the applications frame rate. It’s staying at my max refresh rate of 160, and not fluctuating with the frame rate like it should (and like it is within xplane and the pendulum demo). 

I have the same thing and it does that in some other games too. But I'm not sure if that means G-Sync is not working since I don't notice screen tearing like with G-sync turned off. 

I think it's working but I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Slides said:

I have the same thing and it does that in some other games too. But I'm not sure if that means G-Sync is not working since I don't notice screen tearing like with G-sync turned off. 

I think it's working but I could be wrong.

It means it’s not working. It doesn’t just help with tearing, it’s the smoothness that it works wonders with..... 

for g-sync to work, it must track the frame rate, and then it matches its refresh rate with said frame rate. That’s why it gets choppy/blurry below 30fps. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

It means it’s not working. It doesn’t just help with tearing, it’s the smoothness that it works wonders with..... 

for g-sync to work, it must track the frame rate, and then it matches its refresh rate with said frame rate. That’s why it gets choppy/blurry below 30fps. 

Ok but it does help with tearing. Before G-Sync I used to get bad tearing in DCS when looking around quickly

I fixed it. With Nvidia inspector!!!! I had to force it on via the profile. 

And who said the days of tweaking were over 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I fixed it. With Nvidia inspector!!!! I had to force it on via the profile. 

And who said the days of tweaking were over 🤷🏻‍♂️

What did you choose as the app name?

Microsoft Flight Simulator 

Oh. It doesn't show up for me in the control panel profile drop down